S.L. Nusbaum Realty Co Employee Reviews

Keep Lookimg
Management (Former Employee) –  VaApril 29, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for.. Runs like a startup business. They are not very knowledgeable of the industry and thier so called Marketing Team is the absolute worst! Save yourself the headache and keep looking!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Good company, horrible management
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 25, 2018
Property management was horrible. I felt belittled and I felt I was treated unfairly. The other leasing agent had known the manager since she was a child and the community manager and assistant manager acted highly unprofessional. I also had noticed a repeating pattern of laziness. If a resident had called to speak with one of the managers, I would let them know someone is calling for them and I'd get a response like "I don't feel like dealing with them right now, you do it." or "Tell them I'm busy and I'll call them back later." While they would be doing nothing at all. I do not recommend even trying unless you're family friends with the management.
Pros
Residential events
Cons
Unprofessional and childish management
Not a Great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAMarch 30, 2018
Starts out great. Company great. Employees great. But all the Managers do is sit on their phones with other Managers at other properties talking about other people while they do nothing. If something is done right they take the credit for it like they did the work. Only hire friends and family but even some them get fired too. I've seen managers go to the liquor store on company time. And they also hire thiefs.
Pros
None. 7 day Work week. Sometimes 10
Cons
Why work for a company when you can start your own
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 6, 2018
Its crazy how a person starts a compnay only for to hire people to bring it down.. The regionals and property managers is going to be the exact reason this company falls . No growth what so ever but want you to work work but dont get paid..
Pros
No pros
Cons
Always willing to bait you in with a lie
Cut throat and non employee friendly place and low pay rates
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 3, 2018
Lazy supervisors and cut throat management!!!!! No decriptive job duties. Maintenance supervisors lazy and back stabbing. Too many chiefs on the job.workers are singled out too be fired.
Pros
job
Cons
over work, no organization, under payed.
It was okay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 28, 2017
It was an adequate place to work if you are not looking for upward mobility. Many on staff (administrative and otherwise) have been there for some time though not necessarily for the betterment of the company. Can be cliquish.
Pros
Big on community spirit - holiday gatherings happen often
Cons
Cliquish, no upward mobility
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. Apartment management is tough but working for a good company makes it way better. I spent seven years there and only left due to medical issues.
under paid
Regional Property Manager V.P (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 27, 2017
SL Nusbaum is a fair company but they are very stingy with the payroll and benefits. I would not recommend working there unless you are related to somebody.
Pros
No oversite
Cons
No oversite and no pay
Amazing place to work
Commercial Real Estate Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 12, 2015
Best, most knowledgable and reputable co-workers one can work with. Most employees stay at S.L. Nusbaum their entire lives. That says it all!
Productive and healthy work environment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach Va 23451February 11, 2015
A productive work day is imminant in this field of work, this position in what I have learned is very challenging, sometimes you fall then you get back up and succeed,management in this establishment is the best!!Co workers that I haveworked with over the years have taught me a lot.They have learned from me, and I have learned a lot from them.I think the hardest part of job for me is : Finding out what they expect from me in a mgr role.I find the most enjoyable part of the job is customer service ,being able to satisfy our residents and making them smile.
Pros
benefits are great!!
Cons
To much friendship within workplace will cause definate problems