S.S. White Technologies Employee Reviews

Okay
Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Nice Place. Had the opportunity to learn more within my position. Management not that savvy. There are enjoyable activities that do take place. Hardest part is meeting deadlines which in most cases were unrealistic. Management had no knowledge of the difficulties that were involved. Though I managed to successfully accomplish my duties, it was not without the stress.
a temporary place for gaining more work experience
Senior Mechatronics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJ 08854July 17, 2018
Hoaxing culture where the owner (an immigrant from India) tried to show he cares about the employees. However he is trying to pay as little as possible while he wants to get the most out from you.
horrible place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 21, 2018
management ONLY cares about them. so much so that the owner wanted to move to Florida so he moved the entire company there. Employees had 6 months notice to decide if they were joining him. Many employees worked there for 20+ years and were either too established or too old to move so were all of a sudden unemployed. Not a good place to work at all.
Awkward Place
ISO Management Rep / Customer Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 1, 2018
While working at SS White wasn't bad in itself, and I did enjoy myself most of the time ( as fellow employees are generally easy to get along with ) there were multiple occasions where management and/or other departments had no clue what was going on.

Things that I would consider high level priority were often downplayed, while issues that were extremely minor were sometimes blown completely out of proportion.

Multiple, incompatible, data systems were being used simultaneously making work more difficult. Ie, instead of using a single database to track production, there were 2 ( or 3 ) which needed to be updated all the time... ( basically doing the same work multiple times for no reason and increasing opportunities for error )

All in all... Fun place to work... but management was clueless.
Good working enviroment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 27, 2018
If the company was not moving to Florida I would have stayed until retirement. It was close to home so my commute was very simple.
Employees were pleasant to work with and the supervision was easy to work for.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
None to mention.
Manual Machinist, CNC Set-up/ operator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 8, 2018
productive,with plenty of parts to machine.also a peacefull machine-shop culture. the company has the right presion instrumentment for checkind machine parts
Pros
giving you timne to set-up the machine.
Cons
Healthcare for singles is high
Smoke in mirrors
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 26, 2017
When I was hired I was promised opportunities to advance, competitive work environment, opportunities for trainings to advance my skillset, and yearly bonuses and pay increases.

The management here followed up on none of these promises, even though the CEO would publicly continue to talk about them in speeches throughout the year.

The company monitors everything you do closely usually just to have "proof" when they tell you that you arent working to your potential. They have a background program running on all computers recording every program, website, mouse click, into an excel sheet. It sends reports splitting productive and nonproductive catagories. (checking company email, and researching materials/designs/specifications often end up getting counted as unproductive)

Pay started rather low for my position, with the promises of bonuses and annual increases to make up for it if I stuck with the company. The bonuses were completely bogus (with the exception of 1 mediocre holiday bonus in the 5 years I was there) and pay increases were average about 3-5% per year, just barely above inflation rates. When you ask about raises, out comes the excel sheet from the computer monitoring program.

The CEO of the company expects everyone to trust him, yet he trusts no one. He would verbally make promises in a meeting to everyone, then change all of his promises a month later and claim he never said anything. Yet when he expects something from you, you need to sign a contract legally binding you to follow through.

All management positions are filled with the CEOs friends
  more... and family, there is no chance of working your way up to management.

Thus far I'm sure I seem like a disgruntled ex employee. But not everything was negative. The employees all around me were great in supporting each other as we were all in the same boat. The 401K match at 12.5% was better than nothing. In an environment where your managers rarely know how to support their teams, you learn a lot on how to create support for yourself and how to be proactive without looking for help from others. I definitely came out of the company better off than when I started.

This is not a bad place to work for a year or two if you need a job and want to pad your resume, just be careful of what the owner makes you sign. But if you are looking for a career, this is not the place for it. You will become Sisyphus, constantly battling uphill and taking a beating all for nothing.
Pros
401K, learning self support
Cons
Management, Empty Promises
Good company, family atmosphere, challanging
Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 29, 2017
The people who work at SS White will do anything for you. It's truly a family atmosphere. Management awards those who work hard and allow ideas and personal growth. Moving to Florida otherwise I would work for this company until I was able to retire.
Pros
People, Family atmosphere, challanges.
Cons
Lower base pay because of being small and personal company, moving.
Poorly managed deadend job
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 8, 2017
Typical day of work often involves begging for work and being blamed if you don't have anything to do, despite empty promises for projects from managers. Weird combination of absolutely no direction and obscene micromanaging.

Coworkers were generally good - all interesting people who did what was needed of them, and the product itself is relatively unique, but the company is absolutely ruined by management's lack of direction, an absurd amount of nepotism, and a disgustingly overbearing CEO. Do not recommend.
Pros
Job
Cons
Poor management, overbearing CEO, poor communication
Great environment with pleasant people to work with
QC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 5, 2015
Working at S.S. White always provides a new challenge- no two days are the same. We have a team of highly skilled managers, and a group of co-workers that are hard working, fun and intelligent. Some times, there are a lot of things on our plate- but the challenges are welcome.
Pros
Great company atmosphere and fun loving environment
Cons
Maintenance and repair of plant equipment
Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 12, 2014
Maintenance and repair of plant equipment, fabricate parts for machinery, excellent co-workers.