S3, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to Work
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 29, 2018
S3 is a great place to work. I've been with the company almost 12 years. The CEO has treated me with such dignity and respect and has gone above and beyond to insure I have a safe and productive work environment. The benefits are outstanding.
A place that cares about current and ex-employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2018
Late in my career I decided to make a job change and S3 gave me a wonderful opportunity - basically giving me my "dream job". One of my responsibilities is administering the 401(k). In doing this I discovered this plan had many lost participants. These are ex-employees that have moved and we can't locate them. Some of these people have substantial balances left in the 401(k) from profit sharing and they don't know this. With the encouragement of executive management I have been successful in locating 21 of these lost participants in just 11 months. Their balances totaled almost half a million dollars! Absolutely makes my day when I can tell that Vietnam vet who has just moved into a nursing home that he barely can afford that he has $16K in the 401(k) that all came from profit sharing. And the mother of eight children who did not know she had $60K from profit sharing. It really makes their day too when they realize how well S3 took care of them. This is a good place to work. The people are great and opportunities are many for those that want to work hard and advance. I don't want to be any where else.
Pros
Pizza Lunch & Learns, wonderful 401(k) plan and retirement program, fellowship with great people
Overview
Information Technology Specialist 2, (AWG) (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDApril 15, 2018
I helped customers with computer issues. I learned from team mates. I also was able to use some of my skills i had learned before to help me with this job.
Pros
Gained Skills, Learned different systems
Cons
Fast Pace
Poor Management/ Communication
Finance/ Accountjng (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 12, 2017
No advancement opportunities available, no pay raises or bonuses, very limited training within 90 day period, uptight environment, lack of communication
Pros
Food provided often/ flexibility
Cons
Lack of communication/ No motivation of any kind
horrible place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 7, 2017
If the CEO would let the direct supervisors and managers do their job, it would be a much more pleasant place to work. Managers have no say so on what /how things get done.
Pros
extremely nice and helpful people working at company
Cons
Micromanaged, have to tip toe around
Great organization.
UH60M Blackhawk Academics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍSeptember 25, 2017
S3 Inc and S3 International are top notch! Great benefits, great pay, fun and interesting locations. I would highly recommend them as an employer to anyone!
No issues with company
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 12, 2017
I have been with the company for over two years and have no issues with the management team or job advancement. I have worked both in and out of HHO.
Excellent government contractor
Training Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 26, 2017
As a government contractor, since my retirement from the Army in 2012, working At S3 has been very enjoyable and rewarding. I have been able to continue as a trainer of Army aviators.
continuios learning and teach the teacher.
Corporate team lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 5, 2017
After I retired from the Army in August this was the place to work, in my line of work you have to be the best of the best. I was very honored that I was given the job, We handle all the new equipment training for the Army aviation , active and national H-47 units. on any given day I handle all training question from unit all over the world. I also travel to units and train there crewmembers on all the new updates that are put out by PM cargo.
Pros
fast past
Cons
Ran out of funding this year
Great Work Environment
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 6, 2017
Management makes it a priority to take care of the team that gives them support. They will do their best to ensure they have the most qualified individuals on their team and will compensate accordingly, as allowed by Executive Management
It was an okay place to work.
Receptionist/HR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 22, 2017
It was a very stressful environment because of those in upper management. I was glad to have a job but was not pleased with the environment. I wish that there had been more unity.
Good for people right out of school to get experience.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 1, 2017
Employees are its greatest asset; they are smart, good people. Unfortunately, employee retention is very low. Someone is fired or quits nearly every week. Full-timers are being replaced by part-timers so CEO doesn't have to pay benefits; therefore most of Operations side of business is full of trainees. Once they learn the job, they leave for higher wages and are replaced by another minimum wage trainee. So if you need experience, come and get it. Then find another job that actually pays something. You'll like the people if not the money.
Pros
Ability to get experience
Cons
Low pay, no job security or chance of advancement
Great Company
Battalion Personnel Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALOctober 13, 2016
Great company and people. They allowed me the flexibility manage work how I wanted. Management is easy to approach and talk to. Pay and benefits were great.
Great place to begin a career.
Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 20, 2016
S3 is a great place to start a career. It gives you valuable work experience. My co-workers and supervisors are easy to get along with. The best thing is the wide range of personalities that occupy one space. Each of us has different life experiences and we can always learn new things.
Productive Workplace
Military Analyst (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 8, 2016
The company is a small organization based out of Huntsville, AL. It is a great organization to work for if your into tactical scenario building and executing force on force training.
Highly skilled and professional organization.
UH-60M Academic Instructor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2016
Highly skilled and professional organization. Great management and continually hire only the most qualified individuals. Perfect ratio of customer satisfaction and taking care of employees.
Defense Contractor
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 18, 2015
The position I was in was supposed to be temporary. I worked there for 9 months without benefits or vacation. Pay was not acceptable. There's a high turnover rate and a lot of red tape and politics and favoritism that made it hard to move in the company.
Pros
They like dogs
Cons
Too many people had too much time on thier hands to gossip.
Great team
AH-64D Instructor Pilot (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 18, 2015
The entire team and staff are true professionals. The ability for management to cater to each employees needs is unprecedented.
For the most part a great place to work
Accounting Clerk I - Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 27, 2015
I have a great manager to work for, the job is not really hard, the hardest part is keeping the 4 companies separate when working with all 4. Over all I really have close to the perfect job, as long as the job gets done there is no problem with having to take off early or coming in a little late for appointments. The pay is not really competitive with other companies though.
Great Place to Work!
Aviation Recruiting / BD / Helicopter Pilot (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working for S3. S3 has lots of fantastic professionals on the team. The company also has outstanding benefits.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Na