SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 2,058 reviews matching the search See all 2,180 reviews
Saic
Network Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 19, 2018
I have submitted my Reviews for SAIC twice. The overall company itself is a great place to work when it is solely SAIC, but when Contracting with them, not so good.
productive work environment
Program Management Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 17, 2018
Good company to work for with a productive work environment. Wish there would have been more job security / advancement. Worked for the company for 10 years.
Employee diverse
Animal Care Supervisor ll (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 16, 2018
Has a diverse group of employees with many ethnic backgrounds.
Was able to work my way up from entry level to supervisory position .
Benefits were great! Pay did not always match the stress.
Upper management tended to cater to and support the outside client rather than support and back up the employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
24/7 kind of job
Productive workplace
Electronic Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2018
Monday thru Friday work hours with some overtime. Workplace environment was relaxed and there is opportunity to advance. lots of cool employees. Not much of a vacation package.
Flexible work schedule
Training Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2018
The flexible work schedule is good, the compensation is decent. The company depends on government contracts which results in less security in employment
SAIC is what the other contractors should strive for
Functional Analyst/IA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEJuly 12, 2018
The company itself was pretty good. The customer's site, less so. Lots of riff-raff going on with the other contractors, and some can do anything with impunity. I still haven't figured out how some of the people are not in jail, or at least fired. No complaints with SAIC, however, the people who worked for them were competent and good people.
Pros
company culture, management
Cons
dealing with crazy people from other contractors on site
Flexible and comfortable work environment.
Senior Task Lead, Solicitation Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAJuly 11, 2018
A typical work day includes responding to customer requests, running reports, and preparing for panel meetings.

The management staff is willing to work with employees regarding their work schedule (i.e. teleworking and alternate work schedules).
Flexible and Technically Supportive
Capture Manager - Sr. Principal (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 11, 2018
SAIC allows you to work the job; flexible schedule, just get the job done. They also have a superior technical organization that supports business development. First company I ever where the Solution Architects/SME's go out of their way to track you down to start developing a solution. Management is very approachable from your immediate supervisor to the CEO, which is very different than most companies of this size.
Pros
Flexibility, Technical Staff
Benefits
SAiC is an excellent company to work for but salary levels could be improved.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 11, 2018
I worked for the company for 8 years. Worked 4 years on the Toyota Motor Sales contract doing remote technical support for their employee base.

Worked the last 4 years on the Nurse Advice Line contract assisting active duty military personnel with nursing advice from RN nurses and setting up appointments with their doctors.
Pros
Good Training, workplace stability
Cons
Salary upgrades very slow in coming.
A typical day at work
Federal Contractor (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 10, 2018
A typical day at work kept you busy. Lots of e-mail to go through and Remedy tickets to look over. We had to pick up and transport our parts and supplies for our work projects from Logistics. After that we would inventory and record serial, part and government/corporate numbers.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
unstable management
Worked there before going public
Project Controller IV (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 6, 2018
Great company before going public, perfect example of a well run employee owned company at the time. Suggest if you find an employee owned company go there, usually have the best culture.
Pros
Work
Cons
Went Public
Good company horrible business structure
Oracle DBA, DCGS-A Program (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 6, 2018
Company has good immediate working environment but the divisions sometimes ended up competing with each other for business. This hindered them from winning business on occasion. Corporate was not very supportive.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally
Cons
Difficult to get training
SAIC is always on top
Senior Systems Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 6, 2018
This is a great place for Information Systems Professionals to work. The reputation that SAIC has built as one of the leading IT contractors in the United States is known and strong. I was proud to work for the company and learned a lot from my colleagues.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Contractual Competition
Great Company
Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at SAIC. Co-workers eager to help. Benefits are not the best. Workload was comparable to that of other companies.
Promotes from with in.
Very diverse work environment
ART DEPARTMENT MANAGER AND WEB MASTER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2018
As an international technology company there work in many fields from animal research to Department of Defense contracting.
I was promoted within a year of employment and my manager worked with me to plan a career path.
Pros
Exciting work
Cons
My division was contract based which made for an unknown future
Professional Organization
Senior Military Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSJuly 3, 2018
Professional Service Support Organization with outstanding professionals employed in the service of the US Military. All endeavors where developed in a very clear and concise manner.
Different work environment
Business Systems Analyst V (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2018
I was surprised when, at SAIC, when your job was completed or lost funding, the employee was required to find their next position within SAIC. If another position was not found, the employee was laid off. This was my first experience with that type of environment. I was rather taken aback when, through no fault of my own, my project lost its funding and I was laid off.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
lose funding lose your job
Benefit lacking
ISSM & Cybersecurity Analyst/ Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 29, 2018
Organization does not support or promote good employment compensations.
No 401K donations.
Small PTO allocations. (12 days a year)
No incentives for promotion or advancement.
Outstanding work environment
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  California, MDJune 29, 2018
The team-effort philosophy helps in all of the company's decision-making processes. The work environment aided in my decision to stay despite my shortcomings.
Great Company
Program Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 28, 2018
I really don’t have much to say, I’ve been here almost a year but in this field of work for 8 years. I’ve asked for an increase since I was brought over from another company onto a new contract but was told I needed to wait a year before they can do a salary review for and increase. I guess we shall see...
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No cons, yet...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SAIC.

Powered by Comparably