SAIC Employee Reviews

Military culture
Client Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2018
My division had a very heavy military culture. Management style was intimidating and heavy micro-management. The commercial marketplace was not familiar with their offerings.
Productive environment
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2018
Traveling to support client engagements. Various management styles within organization. The culture of consulting is get the job done within the predetermined parameters agreed upon.
Pros
Great projects
Cons
Business development within specified domain.
Saic
Configuration Analyst III / MAXXPRO (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 25, 2018
SAIC was the company that really thought me in more detail configuration management. SAIC has some of the best engineers and technicians on this planet and I had the opportunity to learn from them!
Telecomm manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 24, 2018
Overall SAIC is a very strong company with many knowledgeable and skilled people. Working for a government agency contract I was surrounded by other people who were very intelligent and we worked as a team, often across contract boundaries to complete our mission or tasks. I enjoyed SAIC and working for the contract very much.
Very good place to work at that time,
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCMay 23, 2018
After retiring from the military, SAIC hired me for my first job after military life. Training was provided and mentors were available. The most enjoyable part of the day was working with people that shared different talents.
Pros
Friendly people to work with
Cons
long distance to drive to work.
Great Employee Owned Co - split into current LDOS (original renamed) & new SAIC
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2018
Typical Engineering 9-6 w/flexible hours (+ on-call or extra hours as needed). I learned Systems, Data Center, & Networking Layers 1-7+ Strategy/Politics top to bottom over 20+ years initially on Project HealthCare VA military side, then as 1 of 2 most Sr IT Network Engineers growing team from early after thought to critical 7/24 Enterprise standard for 350+ WAN/LAN sites, large Campus with multiple redundant DataCenters, expanding fiber/POP entrances, set Building/Campus closet/DataCenter wiring/network standards, as well as engineer advance Load-Balancing, Router/VPN, Firewall & troubleshoot worst Network/System/Application problems day or on-call.

Hardest part was coordinating or troubleshooting major Campus or core DataCenter, sometimes on Holiday or often late low usage periods, but also could be most rewarding as typically huge accomplishments as well a rare major system/application problems networking often helped solve. Adding major redundancies & DataCenter isolation from campus lessen network problems while challenging problems also provide great learning opportunity and keeps things interesting.

Management varied in 20 years from great as well as not so great, with more Bureaucratic process standards as SAIC grew or w/ Government work (earlier often had personal relationships w/ very Sr. Mgmt). After SAIC went public or new outside CIO's & top management less familiar with older SAIC legacy entrepreneurial spirit & dynamic processes as well as employee's as well as often more challenging familiarization & new direction periods.
Pros
Earlier Stock grants easier & even matching Pension $'s, while later higher Base salary. Some free meals on special occations, Great Benifits, etc.
Cons
San Diego no longer the headquarters nor huge Campus/DataCenter it was, as leadership moved east
Good work experience with good pay and benefits, clean facility and good management
NURSE ADVISE LINE (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMay 22, 2018
I worked at saic since October 2015 to march 2018 and I have loved my jobs there and got along with many co workers and was paid sufficiently to live a happy life and maintain bills at the same time.
Pros
extremely close to my home, good pay, good benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Not many contracts or desks I'm qualified for as of yet.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 22, 2018
Depends on the sector you hire into is what drives the work environment you will have. Make sure to check the benefits as their accrued vacation has dwindled and their health insurance is very expensive.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Terrible benefits
VP and Director (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 21, 2018
Of all of my employers over a 30-year career, SAIC offered me the most opportunities to grow professionally and advance my career. I enjoyed the vast majority of my time there and would be happy to return.
Pros
Great opportunity, benefits, and compensation
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
Few advancement opportunities
Technical Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMay 21, 2018
I was at SAIC for a short time and I left after 6 months for a much better opportunity. The compensation and benefits were below industry standards. I would not recommend this company to others.
Pros
Cons
very low pay and substandard benefits
Bad Taste Coming Onboard
System Administrator III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2018
This company underbid a contract that I was on and waited until the last week before sending out offer letters. Then we found out why they cut my salary by 20% (other co-workers said the same). Most of us had less than a week to decide to come aboard and take the cut or look elsewhere. Ouch!!

In addition, my manager made an when I came onboard and under the old contract we worked 8hr days 5 days a week and under the new contract, we worked 10hr days with every other Friday off. However, I was not properly identified on the new schedule and pay was short the first month even beyond the pay cut. Took a month even when I was calling payroll, HR and my manager about it.
Pros
Performed the same work
Cons
Salary Cut
Program Control Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA 22102May 20, 2018
I can honestly say that I have liked pretty much every year I worked for SAIC, sure some situations and people can make a small moment stressful, or tough, but what job/career doesn't.

All in all, I have worked for Directors and Supervisors that I may be lucky to say this, but all have been pretty good.
Great Company
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Corporate, Professional, Great OpportunitiesMay 18, 2018
Great Salary and excellent benefits. I love the opportunities afforded. My employment was on a contractual basis. I was on board for 5 plus years. I look forward to contributing to the bottom line.
Encourages career growth
Senior Help Desk Technician-Level III (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCMay 18, 2018
Cross trainins employees with another career field. Encourages a professional atmosphere. Discourages and discrimination against other employees. Allows for ideas to be shared.
Fast paced
Material Control Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 17, 2018
Work with a group in Asset Management, the office was inviting and you could hear laughing and chatter in the halls. It was like a family environment, great team work. My boss was demanding but took the time to explain the task needed and always had time for you.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
late nights deadlines
Flexible
Pricing Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2018
very flexible working environment. many telecommute, and had a good balance between work and personal life. could be stressful at times having to meet firm deadlines for government submission of a proposal.
Employee Focused Employeer
IT Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2018
They are very open to ideas and change. They are employee focused and work with you. The Heath care benefits are not there, but they do try to make up for it with HSA contributions.
Cons
High-Deductible Insurance
Decent company
Drafting (Current Employee) –  Bedford, INMay 15, 2018
Work environment is relatively quiet, but few advancements, training and opportunities. Very difficult to move out of the position you were hired to fill.
Pros
flex time
Cons
lack of opportunity
Good
Jr. Technician, US Army KEYSTONE Program (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 14, 2018
Company was great, looked after there employees, management was great, stress free work place, paid was fair with living area, company provides a number of discounts
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Large company with extensive opportunities across multiple industry sectors
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 14, 2018
The company was large, and had a significant number of active clients/contracts. There was moderate initial interest in developing commercial business which is where my job function resided. However, over time, it became evident that management was more engaged with maintaining and growing its government contract. Often different departments pit against each other while working through the required business development processes. The hardest part of my job was working to develop commercial business opportunities in the culture of government contracts.
I learned how not to run a business in developing commercial opportunities. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Large company with structured benefits
Cons
Not the greatest culture for team-based business development enthusiast.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight