SAIC

Found 2,643 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,844 reviews

SAIC insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

productive and encourging work evvoirnment

I worked as network engineer and did multiple projects in this position. was give awards and recommendations. workplace culture was very good and collaborative.

They had good benefits, but the Managers and Sr. Level Professionals were poor leaders.

The company gave employees good compensation and benefits, but the Management team and Sr. Staff were not good leaders and very poor managers. The Sr. Staff and Managers were poor at mentoring and didn't help younger staff learn. Also job security was not based on work performance at all.

Benefits

Cons

Leadership mentorship and oversight from Managers and Sr. Staff

Good Place to Work

Very flexible with the new 9/80 schedule and the people are motivated to work. Definitely recommend working here if you want a flexible, standard work place.

Pros

Flexible schedules, opportunity to work from home

Very upfront

I was a 6month to hire on a project where SSIC was the prime. Inwas treated very well and even better when my 6 months were up and they brought me on as a SAIC employee.

Pros

Compensation, work environment, best group/team ibhave ever been on, management

Cons

Was a build contract and qhen we finished there wasnt anything for me.

Contract, contract, contract

It is gov contract based. You do not know how long the contract will last. When it ends you search yourself for another project inside, you need to know managers who could take you in or job outside. Management is in the same position and needs to jump too. Every so often getting into this is not fun. It is the same with other gov contractors though.Much depends on your immediate managers. Mine were nice. It is very fluid (contract rules change) which can be stressful but maybe new opportunities. Managers can mess up, like hire somebody right before loosing a contract. Many managers have no clue about technology. Everybody is trying to become a manager and there are many.Life / work balance (many holidays, time offs), you can try new technologies, choose your weekly tasks, schedule are the positive ones.

Pros

Work / life balance

Cons

Contracts end and you search for a project / job again

September 2, 2021
Thank for your leaving a sincere review of your experience at SAIC! For redeployment opportunities, the SAIC Talent Acquisition team considers current employees' applications before considering anyone else. To ensure your name and relevant information are added to the Availability List, please visit https://issaic.saic.com/sites/rmo/employees.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great workplace and great compensation

I enjoyed my tenure at SAIC. I gained excellent professional experience on my project. I enjoyed my colleagues and management. Staff need to be aware of any changes to contract, to better prepare for deployment.

Pros

Opportunity

Cons

Deployment to new projects after staff changes to existing project

September 2, 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! As a former employee, you can join the SAIC Alumni and Friends group on LinkedIn: https://jobs.saic.com/?bid=10634

Employees were easy to get along with. A lot of Vets were hired which made it better.

Good company contract while it lasted. I could have retired if management had been able to keep the contract going. More computer training would have been better with a lab of modern day equipment.Sometimes morale would go down, but we figured a way to make it better. There were lots of complainers at work even though a lot of them have never made as much money as they did working there.All in all, it was a high paying job with excellent benefits.

Pros

Good Friday schedule. Good benefits.

Cons

Early wake up time especially overseas.

September 2, 2021
We appreciate your taking the time to share you feedback. Best of luck in your future endeavor.

Poor Immediate Managament

The individual that I worked for was not suited to be a manager of people. There was poor leadership and a severe lack of communication. They would disappear for days at a time with little to no guidance. provide partial information when asking to complete projects, and give conflicting feedback and direction for what was needed/wanted. They were not trustworthy and withheld pertinent information.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

poor management

September 2, 2021
We are sorry to hear this feedback. We would like to continue this conversation and learn more about your working environment. Please contact us at SAICCommunications@saic.com.

Flexible hours but poor job security

It's easy to flex your work week, but the jobs are fully based on contracts. If the contract is not won, then the work peters out and you're left hanging. They do have a great plan for finding new work though.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Contract specific hiring

September 2, 2021
Thank you for your review! That is sometimes the nature of contract work but we have created a robust redeployment program like you mentioned above. Best of luck in your next career move.

Mgmt communication inconsistent

Typical of any gov't contractor, very dependent on which program you work under. My immediate support was fantastic and team members had a great bond. Program Mgrs on the other hand would give little guidance and hold information back that would be help the team until they had an opportunity to use it as a comeuppance. Overall, I enjoyed my time there as the people on my level were fantastic. Working with other orgs, mgmt was not the same throughout the company, so put it down more to this particular program

Pros

teamwork, skill progression

Cons

management communication

September 2, 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! Our employees are part of what moves our mission forward.

Jobs at SAIC

See more jobs

It's alright for what it is

It's a job. Show up do what's asked of me go home. Mostly down time to study for certs to get ahead. If you can try for a night shift, of 2nd shift, they always need people on those.

September 2, 2021
Thanks for sharing your feedback! At SAIC we strive to create a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.

working under a contract for the military

I was not happy with this situation. I was involuntary given duties that should have remained with the military such as opening the building etc. They had a person call for this during bad weather but I was blamed as the contractor for not opening the building.

September 2, 2021
We are sorry to hear about this and would love to learn more. Please contact us at SAICCommunications@saic.com so we can learn more.

Govt Contractor

Work/life balance is great in my case, but could vary depending on the contract and position. With the nature of govt contract work, job security can be at risk towards the end of a contract.

Pros

Flex-work, 9/80 schedule

Cons

Excessive “red-tape”

September 2, 2021
Thanks for the positive review! When it comes to benefits, we strive to meet diverse needs, as well as promote health and wellness. Have you explored the benefits page on our internal ISSAIC site? You can review and manage your health savings account, wellness benefits and employee discounts.

it was a great place to work i loved it but its contract work so job security was an issue

people were nice and respectful it was monday-friday which was nice and the pay was fair for what we were doing i have nothing bad to say about this company the only thing is job security with it being contract work.

Pros

work enviroment, pay, good breaks

Cons

job security

Consultant

The company is forward thinking and drives business very well from existing contracts. They do value their people…even the consultants. I would always return to SAIC.

Pros

Forward thinking and innovative.

Cons

Occasional bad manager.

September 2, 2021
Thanks for your great review! Stay up to date with upcoming opportunities by joining our SAIC Alumni and Friends group on LinkedIn: https://jobs.saic.com/?bid=10634

Lots of learning opportunities

Enjoyed my time at SAIC. Had the opportunity to learn a lot, and worked with nice, caring people. Felt compensated fairly for my work and experience level. Would work here again.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, friendly environment

September 2, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Depends on your PM

Had a great PM and he was the only reason I stayed as long as I did. I thought I had left politics behind BUT this SAIC culture is cut throat in it.

Pros

High pay

Cons

Your NOT a contractor no mattet what they write down..

Productive and fun environment

Since the beginning I've had great management to work for. Have been taught other skills along the way. Never a dull moment with the company. Grateful to still be an employee.

Great Company

Great place to work. The only reason I left was due to relocating so I could have my kids in a better school. The program managers allowed me the freedom to make reasonable decisions on my own without having to get his approval.

Pros

Salary

Standard Contracting Place

On an island from the rest of the company. Not good pay, they always underbid.underbody. standard benefits, decent work life balance. Good government client.

Good Contracting Company

Just another contracting company. But lots of jobs in lots of places and good benefits. I had a overall good experience with my local management/HR.Only govt contracting company I've worked for where you had to buy a shirt with the company logo.I left when I wanted a new position (after several yrs in one place) and the corporate level didn't cooperate. In fact, a buddy handed my resume in to the manager at the place I wanted to go to and he called me because he didn't realize I still worked for the company. My application I had previously submitted in the company system was never acknowledged.

Cons

Inter-company transfers hard to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight