SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 2,213 reviews matching the search See all 2,346 reviews
Great Working Enviornment
Personnel Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed my time at SAIC. I had a great manager which made my job that much easier. My coworkers were like family after a while. I left the company with such high regard. Since the split I am not sure how it is. However, I left with great memories.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Good company when I worked there
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 14, 2019
I have not worked at SAIC in 4 years. At the time it was a great company to work for but was being split into two different companies. Not sure how it is to work for SAIC now.
Management Does Not Care
BILLING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 14, 2019
Management in the billing department is Hot and Cold. One day they will not even say hello, the next they "care". They will block your application for other departments because the turn over is so high.
SAIC is an excellent company to work for with growth potential
Training Analyst Manager and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJanuary 14, 2019
Saic is a great place to work. They allowed me to grow my Team without any problems. The culture and work place is awesome. The hardest part part of the job is that my team was spread out throughout the united states and I enjoy more interaction. I would have a Skype training and meeting once a month that helped us contact. One of the most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of people.
Pros
independent work
Cons
Team distance from one another
Fun to work with animals not with company
Marine Mammal Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2019
The Marine Mammal program itself is awesome. Saic doesn't pay you enough to live on your own or thrive in San Diego, after 3 years there's basically no upward growth potential and they aren't interested in keeping the good talent its cheaper for them to hire new people then keep on old ones.
Pros
Working with Dolphins
Cons
Low pay for area, little growth potential
A decent place to work for some
Property Support Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2019
This is my first taste in corporate environment and it was definitely a change to what I was used to prior to working with SAIC. While the pay is decent, the healthcare plans could use some work in regards to annual deductibles that tends to be a bit high.

While the environment is relaxed and upbeat, depending on job position/title/duties there may not be much for advancement for most; the case for me.
Pros
Able to work remotely for most; relaxed atmosphere
Cons
High deductible healthcare plans; not much advancement for some positions
SAIC is lacking from an employee's perspective
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 10, 2019
SAIC touts honesty and integrity and I believe that part is there. The company was split and now it's being merged and the empathy for the employee has gone out the window.

The client is taken care of but the employees are not. Management focuses on the work but not the one doing the work.
Cons
Lack of caring for the employee
Great company with great benefit
OSINT Language Enabled Cyber researcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJanuary 9, 2019
A great company but surprising conservative and non-aggressive management for such a large company. Most of the employees have a strong loyalty to the company. Medical insurance cost is extremely low, even better than my federal program. The company treat their employees as an asset to be groomed and maintain, rather than a throw away LOI. They provide online training and other training upon request. Unfortunately, the customers seem to be more of an issue than the company.
Pros
great benefit but weak management
Light Corporate Touch
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2019
My time at SAIC has been on a single contract. My take is that the culture largely depends on the contract one supports; the projects and priorities often touted on the corporate intranet don't always align with how the satellite offices operate. Rather, the office will - quite understandably - try to mirror initiatives that the government customer is concerned with.
Pros
Flexible schedule, paid parking or commuter benefit
Cons
Almost no overhead charging allowed (e.g., any office "team building" events are conducted with your own paid time off, or by working later hours)
High level work atmosphere.
AEGIS Modernization GFE Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2019
At SAIC you will be working with peers that are competent, helpful, and generally enjoyable to work with. SAIC mainly works with government contracts and has continued to grow during the three years that I have been with the company.
Cared about employees but would sometimes let office drama get in the way sometimes.
IT Intern Technical (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 7, 2019
They treated be good but they are very strict in how things are done. Since I was new they were good to make sure that I learned the skills needed to do my job.
Government Contract Role
Scrum Master - Contract Support (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 4, 2019
I am currently in a government contracting role at the customer site. So these dynamics do affect the work, work life balance, job security/advancement opportunities as it relates to the government contract. The "contract" affects how things are structured and executed. Management and Job culture is a variable that SAIC can control and there are a lot of missed opportunities here in terms of communication, transparency, and presence - meaning they tend to have an hands off approach when a hands on approach is needed in the areas mentioned above especially during contract recompetes.
Blinded
SR. BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 3, 2019
Wolf in sheep's clothing. They keep you for as long as they need to get what they need and then let you go. I was a part of a wave of 20 other employees who were notified 2 weeks before Christmas that their employment was ending just after the new year.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 31, 2018
Easy going, nice people, benefits and pay aren't very competitive, projects can be interesting depending on where you land and you might get to do what you like or not!
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Benefits and Pay
Very professional company to work for.
Project Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXDecember 30, 2018
I was placed at a client site as a Project Scheduler so my daily job was first at the client site and later 100% teleworker. My experience with SAIC is that they are an outstanding company. My contract ending is through cutbacks with the client company. No issue with SAIC. They are supporting me throughout the new job search.
Productive fun working environment,
Remote Pilot Operator (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VADecember 29, 2018
Great place to work. Management really cares about employees and is very informative. Outstanding training program. Fun people to work with. Need more opportunities to promote within company.
Pros
Environment
Cons
None so far
Normal Government Contract Job
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN 4 (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCDecember 27, 2018
Normal Government Contract Job most of the time at a Government Facitily. A typical day at work involved whatever was priority for the day. I was able to use my skills effectively.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Little Chance for Promotion
One of the best companies I ever worked for
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camp Smith, HIDecember 26, 2018
Stock options, good pay, lots of training. As is typical, SAIC lost the follow-in contract, and the winning company was not attractive, and offered a significant pay cut.
easy work force. learn more thing if you finished your assignment early
Electronic Mechanical Assembler/TESTER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 26, 2018
unfortunately , manufacturing had to move to Orlando, New York.
you are proud to serve the Training support for soldier .
fun environment , you enjoy your time to achieve your performed
Pros
free time for lunch
Cons
benefits and health
They are like most of the other big defense contractors
Database Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 25, 2018
They say they want employees to get training and go to conferences but they do not make time available to them to attend. Like other companies it is all about chargeable hours. If you can get full chargeable hours to the contract and you can fit in training on your own time, they are all for it. They will not pay for your training time unless you can get the customer to pay it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight