SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 2,164 reviews matching the search See all 2,295 reviews
I learned a great deal more in the updating up Linux and Virtual Machines
UNIX/LINUX Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NMNovember 11, 2018
My day at SAIC consisted of installing and updating Linux Systems. We had a lot of installing Virtual Machines, Kerberos for single sign on, and calculating the amount of storage needed on each partition.
Release Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2018
The SAIC team was top notch, great people to work with. Working in a government environment rather than a commercial was quite a change, very hard to get used to the government environment. But overall a very good experience , particularly with the SAIC team.
Pros
very professional
Cons
government environment can be difficult
SETA consultant for DoD agency
SETA contractor (Former Employee) –  sprNovember 9, 2018
A typical day at work is not typical - which is great! There is a lot to learn from an assignment like this but it also requires more support from the company and management (bad news makes people unhappy). It is difficult to work in a SETA position when no one wants to hear 'bad' news.
Above Average Software Company with Minor Flaws
Software Engineer Senior (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2018
This is a government software/hardware contracting company. As a software engineer, you will be working as a contractor under another company and this can be a generally good experience. SAIC (or the company you work with) is pretty good at providing the resources you need in a timely manner. I have never had the need to work more than 40 hours in a week. There is a clear promotion schedule (at least on the technical side) and the pay is around market rate for the other local companies. You will trade a small amount of pay for job security (I have never seen anyone get fired or heard of any lay offs).
Pros
Flexibility, Work/Life Balance, Job Security
Cons
OK pay, Sometimes Limited by Bureaucracy
Poor work environment and no management support.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 9, 2018
Manager fired me without any contact directly with me. He let the SAIC Human Resource Manager at an off-site that did not know me at all fire me after over 25 years of being an SAIC employee.
Pros
Large Company with many job locations .
Cons
Management and Support Structure is impersonal and uncaring about your career.
Okay company
Business Process Analysis Manager/MBB (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 8, 2018
SAIC is a typical government contractor. For the most part, its a friendly place to work. However, they consider your ideas as theirs. So you want to be careful as to what you share in terms of business opportunities.
Pros
okay benefits
Cons
at the mercy of the federal government clients
As a Incident Handler everyday can offer new challenges
Cyber Incident Responder 3 (Current Employee) –  Chester, VANovember 8, 2018
I help to train most of the new Analyst and Incident Handlers that came on board. During the on-boarding process we had to merge the Northrop Grumman and the SAIC way to find a good working process for our team. That was fun.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Contract was too short
Great Company for women
Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2018
Really enjoying the treatment here. Cutting edge platforms and everyone is treated the same. Free coffee and soda, great gym too. Really dig the virtual reality goggles.
Pros
Free Breakroom goodies
Cons
Dress Code
Good working environment, lack of leadership, education benefits and promotion opportunities
Senior Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2018
*Since becoming an employee, most of my newly acquired knowledge pertains to the particular environment and culture of the workplace.

*My personal opinion is that management is lacking seriously. Often times there is no guidance nor direction and at times can feel like micro management.

*Most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Lack of management
Good Place to Work
Senior Proposal Director (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 6, 2018
Typical professional services firm - juggling several jobs simultaneously, to include contract support, business development, etc. Does promote from within, albeit sometimes the wrong individuals.
not a great place to learn
Cyber Security Intern (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 5, 2018
As an intern, it took SAIC about 3 to 5 weeks to actually give me work to do. I am still grateful to be hired and all, but I wish I could have done more in the company to be able to put that on my resume. After I complained to HR about not getting work, they finally switched me over to a different manager where I did some work for 4 weeks
Interesting work, great co-workers. terrible senior managers and ineffective leaders
Office Manager/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 5, 2018
I guided a staff of 40 people in supporting government contracts at Hill AFB. Much of my time was used in writing proposals for additional contracts and recompeting contracts for which we were the incumbent. The co-workers were professional, educated and dedicated.

When SAIC split into two companies, they eliminated thousands of positions in a money saving effort. Since I had only been with the company a few years, my position was eliminated. The senior management was not effective. They continued to hire, then fire in rapid sequence several Business Development personnel. The position of Office Chief was also filled and vacated rapidly. This led to fear among employees that all that senior management cared about was their own best interests. Many of the employees that worked for me migrated into government or other contract positions to avoid being dumped by SAIC or Leidos.
Pros
Interesting and important projects; great working level co-workers
Cons
Totally self interested senior leaders, bad management, no sense of top-down loyalty
Excellent company
Platform Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 1, 2018
Great pay
Good colleagues
Great fun
Enjoyable every changing projects.
Interesting work

Hours can be long but compensated well.
Benefits are great.
Good work, but shaky job security
Senior Principal Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 1, 2018
SAIC really trusted me to do my job without having someone watch over my shoulder which I appreciated. We were trained on specialized proposal tools which was good.

Job security wise though, the company is terrible.
Cons
Lay offs at Christmas
Great company, management very supportive
Project Integrator (Current Employee) –  McLean, VA 22102November 1, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The managers are very supportive and encourage personal growth. The customers can be challenging at times but the other SAIC personnel have a team spirit and when needed resources are pulled to complete a task.
Pros
Great company, with opportunity available.
Good People
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 30, 2018
As the old saying goes “they are good people”. I am going to say that the culture is great and there are many benefits to working for SAIC. There is pleanty of opportunities and if you’re motivated, you’ll make it.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Very productive work place
Field Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  World WideOctober 27, 2018
SAIC is an overall excellent company to work for. A typical work day is very fast paced depending upon the work load and location. I have learned a variety of skills working for SAIC.
Good Company - no room for advancement
ACCOUNTANT IV (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNOctober 24, 2018
Good company. No room for advancement in the department for which I worked - which is why I left. Management does not care about their staff...to them you're just a number.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Management does not care about staff
Mediocre
Tier 2 Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 24, 2018
SAIC was not totally at fault for the shortcomings of the contract I was working. The Civil Service leadership was overly aggressive and lacked understanding of what each employee's work day consisted of.
good company but need better work options
Lead Drawing Checker (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 22, 2018
I have truly learned alot professionally and academically at SAIC. I do seem to find it hard to remote work due to the company. I have a mentally ill child and a mother with numerous medical problems. Trying to get SAIC (my current and passed managers) to even consider remote working does not seem to be an option. I have short termed (1-2 days to about 2 months) telecommuted but that is about it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SAIC.

Powered by Comparably