SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 2,215 reviews matching the search See all 2,393 reviews
Hard working
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 20, 2019
Working on a Government contract definitely had it’s ups and downs, mostly ups. Being a retired Marine I meet a lot of new people mostly prior enlist. They worked hard and made the job fun. One thing that’s hard though is when losing a contract and the company has to shut the program down. Lots of people were laid off, but SAIC does give you 30 days with pay to look for another job or find another job within the company with the help of their relocation program, although it has been hard for me to find a new job within the company. I would love to stay but I guess it’s just time for me to move on.
Pros
Benefits, retirement plan, paid 30 day lay-off
Cons
Job security
Good First Job
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2019
As my first job out of college, it was not bad. I got to talk about career goals with my boss a lot and received adequate guidance from him. Unfortunately, from above him, there came almost no support.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Culture, Management
Indeed not being fair
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMarch 20, 2019
It is not to right to require me to review a company that I worked for over 5 years ago. Many things could have changed and I should not be making that judgement.
good company to work fo
Navel Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG) (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCMarch 19, 2019
good company to work for, great benefits and compensation. I would go to work for/with them any time requested. management was very accessible and reliable.
Pros
work conditions
Cons
contract job
loved the people
Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 19, 2019
Wish they would give you more time to learn your job, stress with learning the job pushing you to get the customer on the line quickly as possible and get them off, hurry hurry and I don't like that word hurry.
Pros
nice break rooms
Cons
to much survelence
New to company
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 18, 2019
I really don't have a feel for the company yet. Was with Engility which was bought and I kept my job/same work. Nothing has changed, so my team is great!
Pros
short commute
IT manager is great
Site Support II, Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2019
I was only a contractor for 4 months, but in my time there everyone was friendly and a pleasure to deal with. The site in San Diego is small, but most of the work was supporting remote or telecommuting employees.
Saic
Inventory (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 16, 2019
schedule is great, weekends off are pretty much guaranteed. healthcare provided is garbage. they never respond to health providers on time and wait for providers to send another claim for the same service. then the insurance company claims it wont pay because of "duplicate services". pay is also not great
Pros
weekends off
Cons
pay, healthcare, management
Sucked
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lewis, WAMarch 15, 2019
Dishonest. I was hired to manage locations in two states and refused their requirement to sign fraudulent time cards and turned them in to the USA army. I left. I will never recommend this dishonest organization.
Small Groups
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 13, 2019
SAIC's culture varies largely based upon which group you work with. I was in a group that performed outlier duties not common with rest of company and was culturally very different.
New to Company
Senior Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 11, 2019
Communication is seemingly lacking between the employees and management, due to middle management stifling communication. Overall, SAIC seems to be an okay company overall.
Pros
Free coffee and condiments in break-room.
Cons
No telework at this time.
Productive and fun workplace
Cloud Computing Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 8, 2019
Very open environment and always allowing for teamwork. Allows work remotely if needed. Very much involvement with the community. Great management team.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Not much room for advancement
fun
Army Aviation Maintenance Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 5, 2019
good place to work was always happy to wake up and come to work i always enjoyed the people I worked with along with the environment was very professional
Love the job and location people great to work with.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 26, 2019
Great supervisors and co workers love job and location.
Have a lot of down to earth people. Even though other companies work in building we all get along and work together as a team.
The hardest part is I work by myself in morning I think it should be two people. When I have to go to rest room there is no one at the desk.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
No e
Fast Paced, Innovative
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAFebruary 24, 2019
Cutting edge technologies within a fast paced environment. If you love a challenge and the results directly affect the war fighter, this is the place for you.
I was a great place to work
Document Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Boyer, PAFebruary 20, 2019
I learned many things there. They were a great place to work and I would recommend them to anyone. They are a good solid company. There is always room for advancement.
Great transition from military
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 20, 2019
Enjoyed working for this company and with management and co-workers. Great experience. Learned a lot while working for this company on both Admin and Personnel Security sides of things.
Saic
Tier II Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2019
Flat growth and apathetic management take away from the few positives
I enjoyed helping my team and the customer
Workplace culture was one of keeping your head down and ignoring fraud and abuse. Speak up and you are retaliated against
SAIC is a good place to work for IT professionals
CAD IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 19, 2019
SAIC has great managers and teams. Overall it has a great culture filled with great people. Work life balance is good and they give 2000 per year to go towards certifications/school.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
Productive with good people
Mobile/Desktop System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 18, 2019
The work remains number as the number one goal and people are friendly with each other. Everyone understands the goals and works towards helping others.
Pros
Voice of opinion
Cons
Communication about work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight