SAIC
72Above average

SAIC Employee Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked with really great individuals that have passion for the mission they support, which invigorates the same mentality for others. Our manager had great trust in us to get our work accomplished and ensure our customer was satisfied.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
With twice as much experience as any of my male coworkers I was still making $15,000 less a year because I was the only female in the team. I did the same job as everybody else if not sometimes more yet got less
This company is one of the best! It cares for the people and gives back generously. Great managers and good people in general. I found it a privilege to work for such an innovative team.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Employee focused. Good balance work life. Company is growing and many opportunities. Many locations that the company is located and the company has great management.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I've enjoyed my tenure at SAIC and would remain if my contract wasn't up. I have a bit of difficulty explaining the culture as I work exclusively at a government site and the policies here are government-specific. I believe that other sites have substantially different policies.
A typical day was pulling files to process for imaging. Was always busy which made the day go fast. After worked with most imaging was then trained on indexing and some medical coding to include x-rays which I found was challenging yet a great and welcomed opportunity. The hardest part was medical coding. The most enjoyable part was the team and always staying busy.
Pros
learning opportunities, great pay
Cons
No a secure job
Because of high security the environment is somewhat difficult. Restrictions for on duty and off duty hours. Some teammates are exceedingly difficult to work with because of multi-cultural demands as would be expected working in federal programs.
Pros
Solid, technical challenging work contributing to national security.
Cons
Multi-cultual considerations always detracted from work, Contracts were subject to presidential whims.
Only available for veterans, or military credentials. This is a military contractorapplications systems, and is only available for short period of time.
Pros
Great income
Cons
Only in a contract basics
My co-workers were an awesome group of technically competent, committed, and resourceful personnel who provided outstanding support to SAIC customers.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Indecisive Leader Ship
Scitor is a great company, with leadership being accessible and open about company goals and direction. Unfortunately, the once fantastic benefits that made Scitor the company of choice are dwindling. Still, if you're looking for a company that actually cares about their employees, Scitor is excellent.
Overall the company provided the tools and education that you needed to preform your duties and beyond.
Pros
This was a contract position with a minimum time of 1 year, but the contract concluded early at 5mos with only a 2 week notice. The job included records management and data entry. It was a great work environment.
Daily challenges. Co-workers, enjoyable environment. Liked working in the military environment, gave me a chance to interact with a diversity of individual's.
Pros
Aways learning something new
Cons
Very professional environment. High expectations for quality and attention to detail. Work based on contract financing so temporary is typical.
Pros
Structured.
Cons
Short duration of contract
A typical day consisted of scanning and indexing medical files for the Army National Guard and Army Reserves. I learned how to scan and index, train new employees, and Quality Check other emplyees work.The management team was awesome and respectful. The co-workers were respectful , fun and did not fall into office gossip.The hardest part of the job was that it was sporadic because of contract negotiations. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I felt like I was a part of something that was helping our soldiers.
It has been an absolute pleasure working for SAIC. Great leadership, outstanding corporate ethics, and awesome culture for cultivating professional/interpersonal skills.
Even though I was a temp employee with them, I felt like part of the family.
Pros
good pay, diverse
The people were very friendly yet professional; I enjoyed my short time with them.
Pros
good environment
Cons
none really
  1. Colorado Springs, CO