San Angelo Community Medical Center Employee Reviews

Na
Unit secretary (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 19, 2018
The job itself is good, stressful and very busy. they give you all the supplies you need to complete daily tasks, but we are always under staffed. the manager is amazing very understanding.
san angelo community medical center
Gastro Intestinal Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 6, 2018
good solid place to work i cant complain much about it i had a good long run at san angelo cumminty medcial center it wsas just my time to mov on to something else
great place
LVN Staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 13, 2018
it was a great place to work when I was there. teamwork and training was great. it was like a family. benefits were good and the pay and hours were good.
Pros
it was all good
Cons
nothing
Good company to work for, co-workers were the issue
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 9, 2018
I mostly enjoy working for SACMC. My issue is with the not so friendly co-workers. These are people I have to see every day for 10-12 hours. I started to dread coming into work. My manager aware of issues but does nothing to resolve them. Lots of favoritism. Pay was decent but raises were minuscule and insulting. The food and discount is great, benefits are really nice although a bit pricey. They have laid off some people that were here for a LONG time which makes you worry about job security.... especially when the census is consistently low. They also aren't hiring replacements for a lot of positions when people leave, which is worrying. There's probably a reason people tend to quit and go to Shannon.
Pros
Food, lunch discount, benefits, company picnic, bid shift
Cons
Co-workers, management not resolving issues, raises are insulting
Good hosptial
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 23, 2017
I loved working here with the exception of low pay and corporate politics. Upper management doesn't seem to understand how the floor needs to run and due to this hospital being owned by a corporation, policies are implemented from the home office. The staff for the most part is amazing. You will be floated to another unit if needed and not necessarily to a unit you are comfortable or familiar with and usually given a full patient load.
Pros
great coworkers, ability to somtimes pick up extra shifts
Cons
lower pay, benefits not the greatest, upper management, corporate owned with policies adopoted from home office, only get 8 hours of holiday pay even though you have to work a 12 hour shift
Lots of Gossip and Immaturity
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 23, 2017
Ok place to work other than the constant gossip and immaturity from coworkers that you can't escape from. Insurance is great, though very expensive. You always feel like someone is watching over your shoulder, waiting for you to screw up. Management needs to grow a backbone and actually address any complaints instead of thinking they will go away on their own.
Pros
Insurance benefits, lunch discount, decent pay
Cons
Gossip, immaturity, management, insurance cost
good job
Staff/Charge RN (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 3, 2017
Enjoyed job itself. It had good pay with benefits. Usually good working environment with good team players. Management was not that great. Hospital under cooperation so ther was alot of red tape.
Pros
compensation
Cons
poor management/communication
GREAT place to work!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 25, 2017
I loved working here! The pay and benefits were outstanding. Low pressure atmosphere, friendly employees and management. High volume of work but easy to get it done.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits
Cons
I can't think of one
Work schedule
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  SACMCJuly 19, 2017
1. Self schedule is definitely a plus for work/life balance.

2. Poor benefits. BCBS Tennessee is flat terrible.

3. Lack of patient volume which means less hours
worked =low paycheck. Not dependable income.

4. incorporated mandatory hours (36/48). You can not pick up extra hours else where because you are on call 3-6 days out of 14.
Pros
Self scheduling and bid shift
Cons
Lack of hours due to low patient census
Steady job
Staff /Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TX 76904July 2, 2017
I really loved working with my coworkers and physicians. The CT surgery program is phenomenal!!! Our boss is a great boss and leads from the front. He can do just as much and more than any of staff can. I really love the cohesiveness that our unit has and will miss it!!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
corporate politics
Good people
Cancer Registrar (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 7, 2017
I am enjoying my time at SACMC. The crew in the HIM department is awesome. What I have learned fromthis crew is that if you work hard you will enjoy the job and the rewards.
Lab employess were not professional. Phlebotomists have a heavy work load and are very under paid.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TX 76904February 9, 2017
I learned to just focus on my work. Answering phones while maintaining the inpatients as well as outpatients. I also had to handle specimens from the ER as well as from the hospital. My favorite part of the job was the patients. Co-workers were sometimes very unprofessional which was the hardest part of the job. Management handled it the best they could.
Great team environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 15, 2016
Great team work on the floors. Friendly work environment. Float to other floors often. Nurses on other floors very helpful.
Not a bad place to work
Director of Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 8, 2015
The employees at Sacmc made you feel like you had one great big family, everyone helped one another out and looked out for each other. You enjoyed coming to work everyday and seeing fellow co workers and patients that you grew close to.
Pros
Friendly
Great Radiology Department
Nuclear Medicine Technologist and RSO (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Radiology Department has a team of skilled, dedicated, and compassionate technologists and support personnel. Many with lots of tenure. Great place to work.
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San AngeloOctober 1, 2014
drawing blood
computer work
going to room to room in the hospital drawing blood
Low on census most of my contract.
Registered Nurse (Travel Assignment) (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 8, 2014
Acceptable company which quite often did not have the census to support the schedule. Shifts were cancelled enough to be worrysome.
Pros
Bid Shift
Cons
Required 4 hour shift each weeks
Charge Nurse, mentor, and preceptor in all areas (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 30, 2014
Great co-workers and Doctors, most enjoyable part of job was patients and families and my ability to help them, hardest part of the job was administration, constant floating to other units.
enjoyed training people
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 23, 2013
very relaxing place to work with some good mentors while I was doing my radiology residency
Pros
free workout
Cons
nothing
Great place to call home
Medical technologist (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 8, 2013
Great Health Care institution. Great working environment. I couldn't say enough. Proud to be a part of highly recognized Facility.
Pros
You can be your best.
Cons
Far from major city