San Angelo Community Medical Center Employee Reviews

Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Loved everything about this Job.
My husband became ill and passed.
I loved this job. The coworkers, the other staff outside lab. From Mgmt to nurses to other staff you would encounter on a daily or nightly basis. I worked both day and night shift.
Pros
Job I love
Cons
Can not think o\f any
Not Good!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 12, 2018
There are some good people to work here, but upper management is another thing to deal with. Understand things happen during the workplace but there train of thought and way of thinking is not in the workplace or o the staff. There has been a lot of turnovers and walk outs in this company. i wish things would be different.
Pros
learning experience, some good coworkers
Cons
management
Nice Small Hospital in the Middle of nowhere
Registered Nurse and Charge Nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 24, 2018
San Angelo is a small town in Mid-West Texas with not too much going on and far from Austin, Dallas or San Antonio. But good for a nurse focused on school. No interruptions.
Pros
Small City Life
Cons
Small City Life
Clinical Dietitian II (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 31, 2018
Love working at the place, never had any issues. pays well. friendly staff. Want to work here until I retire. Love management and directors very friendly
Medical Technologist I (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 15, 2018
Great place to work if management would change within the lab. Has a great teaching environment. Instrumentation is great. I would work there again if a change in management occured.
Na
Unit secretary (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 19, 2018
The job itself is good, stressful and very busy. they give you all the supplies you need to complete daily tasks, but we are always under staffed. the manager is amazing very understanding.
san angelo community medical center
Gastro Intestinal Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 6, 2018
good solid place to work i cant complain much about it i had a good long run at san angelo cumminty medcial center it wsas just my time to mov on to something else
E.R
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  san angelo txMay 29, 2018
The E.R is very busy, but as the registrar the job is pretty easy. I've learned a great deal about different insurances and have become familiar with medical terminology.
Pros
the days go by fast
Cons
no lunch breaks
great place to work
LVN Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 16, 2018
the nursing care is great. makes you feel like family. training is fantastic. and mgmt. is caring. hours are ok. put on call to much. benefits are good.
great place
LVN Staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 13, 2018
it was a great place to work when I was there. teamwork and training was great. it was like a family. benefits were good and the pay and hours were good.
Pros
it was all good
Cons
nothing
Good environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 10, 2018
I always felt that my managers and coworkers cared about me not only as a coworker but as a friend as well. Everyone in the hospital was very friendly.
Good company to work for, co-workers were the issue
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 9, 2018
I mostly enjoy working for SACMC. My issue is with the not so friendly co-workers. These are people I have to see every day for 10-12 hours. I started to dread coming into work. My manager aware of issues but does nothing to resolve them. Lots of favoritism. Pay was decent but raises were minuscule and insulting. The food and discount is great, benefits are really nice although a bit pricey. They have laid off some people that were here for a LONG time which makes you worry about job security.... especially when the census is consistently low. They also aren't hiring replacements for a lot of positions when people leave, which is worrying. There's probably a reason people tend to quit and go to Shannon.
Pros
Food, lunch discount, benefits, company picnic, bid shift
Cons
Co-workers, management not resolving issues, raises are insulting
ER Department
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed my job. I didn't like the 12 hour shifts. I will not work PRN again. Very stressful department. I liked working for the hospital and I would like to get the opportunity again only in a different department as the ER was not a good fit for me.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Hours and no benifits
Good hosptial
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 23, 2017
I loved working here with the exception of low pay and corporate politics. Upper management doesn't seem to understand how the floor needs to run and due to this hospital being owned by a corporation, policies are implemented from the home office. The staff for the most part is amazing. You will be floated to another unit if needed and not necessarily to a unit you are comfortable or familiar with and usually given a full patient load.
Pros
great coworkers, ability to somtimes pick up extra shifts
Cons
lower pay, benefits not the greatest, upper management, corporate owned with policies adopoted from home office, only get 8 hours of holiday pay even though you have to work a 12 hour shift
Lots of Gossip and Immaturity
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 23, 2017
Ok place to work other than the constant gossip and immaturity from coworkers that you can't escape from. Insurance is great, though very expensive. You always feel like someone is watching over your shoulder, waiting for you to screw up. Management needs to grow a backbone and actually address any complaints instead of thinking they will go away on their own.
Pros
Insurance benefits, lunch discount, decent pay
Cons
Gossip, immaturity, management, insurance cost
Great Community
Scribe (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 15, 2017
Everyone is wonderful to work with and are will to help if you don't understand or if you are feeling overwhelmed. There is a lot od respect between all levels of postions.
good job
Staff/Charge RN (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 3, 2017
Enjoyed job itself. It had good pay with benefits. Usually good working environment with good team players. Management was not that great. Hospital under cooperation so ther was alot of red tape.
Pros
compensation
Cons
poor management/communication
GREAT place to work!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 25, 2017
I loved working here! The pay and benefits were outstanding. Low pressure atmosphere, friendly employees and management. High volume of work but easy to get it done.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits
Cons
I can't think of one
Work schedule
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  SACMCJuly 19, 2017
1. Self schedule is definitely a plus for work/life balance.

2. Poor benefits. BCBS Tennessee is flat terrible.

3. Lack of patient volume which means less hours
worked =low paycheck. Not dependable income.

4. incorporated mandatory hours (36/48). You can not pick up extra hours else where because you are on call 3-6 days out of 14.
Pros
Self scheduling and bid shift
Cons
Lack of hours due to low patient census
Steady job
Staff /Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TX 76904July 2, 2017
I really loved working with my coworkers and physicians. The CT surgery program is phenomenal!!! Our boss is a great boss and leads from the front. He can do just as much and more than any of staff can. I really love the cohesiveness that our unit has and will miss it!!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
corporate politics