San Antonio Gastroenterology Associates Management reviews

Good
CEO/Executive Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2019
Good place to work. Management is helpful and knowledgeable, Nice, busy doctors . Staff can be rude and doctor stand up for them. But all in all a good place
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not a lot of team work between individual doctors staff
Good Company
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2019
Like any other job, has its ups and downs. There were a lot of problems before but now that the company has finally a good management team everything seems to be getting better. The work is a lot but nothing more than other companies. They offer good vacation and holiday pay.
Favoritism and Disorderly
Front desk (Former Employee) –  San AntonioJanuary 19, 2019
This company hired me and fired me two business days before my probationary period was up (3 weeks before my pregnancy due date.) They claimed the reason was due to misconduct/ complaints, however, Never was I involved in any patient or employee related altercations, nor had I ever been “wrote up,” or even approached with these issues. I do believe it was planned to let me go before the 90 days was up, due to the simple fact that I’m pregnant and would need to go on leave. They’ll send you to different locations and expect you to know who deals with what, and if you ask for help they seem bothered. If you like drama this is the job for you. Staff spends the day gossiping about one another. It’s just overall unprofessional.
Pros
Rep Lunches
Cons
Stressful, Unorganized, unprofessional
Not a good work environment in any way shape or form
Codee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2019
It was a bad environment and too much drama. Low level employees had too much input in how the office was to be run. Yet they don’t know what they did effected all employees. High school mentality.
Poor management
Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Doctors and simple minded upper management always at odds. No teamwork what so ever between office and medical staff. Management does not value their employees.
Horrible
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2018
If you're looking for long term or great benefits this is not the place to work, staff is treated unfairly & upper management knows nothing about running a company.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Unexperienced management
Not recommended
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/front office (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Frankly a horrible work environment. Everyone is for themselves but they talk about the company being all about TEAM WORK which is false.. Poor management
Cons
Short lunch breaks, poor management, very low pay
Ok place
Medical Records Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Very past paced but management has separated some employees as
not being employees of the physicians. This left some people out of Christmas bonuses.
Pros
Good location
Cons
See above
coworkers amazing
Insurance Verification Specialist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2016
My typical work day was super, busy, traveling, non stop. I learned managed care, referrals, authorizaiton, insurance benefits, Hardest part of the job was keeping up solution to that went in earlier. Learned all departments there. Management was the best
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Not a very professional enviroment, not what I am used to.
Anesthesia Collector (Current Employee) –  San antonio, TexasFebruary 28, 2013
When I was hired I was hired under somone else. The enviroment has changed dramatically. Morale is way down. Disappointed.
Pros
some times free lunch
Cons
no breaks, constantly changing job duties or adding job duties