San Bernardino County Employee Reviews

Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I enjoy providing excellent customer service to a diverse population. I have grown professionally and have had the opportunity to continue my education.
Sheriff
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 16, 2019
San Bernardino County is a great county to work with. The pay isn't at the top, but the opportunities are endless. The departments are great to work for and the people make the job fun.
detailed oriented
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 13, 2019
On a day to day basis I enter in employee claims on the computer, answer in coming calls, pay medical bills, and request W-9's.
Management can be improved, as well as opportunity to move up.
The hardest part of this job is making sure the spread sheets are constantly updated.
Pros
every day is the same work load
Cons
rarely given new tasks
Good Experience
Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 10, 2019
The pay was not that great but I do love working for the County. There is for sure job security. Some of the benefits are really good but needs some work. Management is pretty good.
Fast pace Working environment
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAJanuary 10, 2019
It was a great place to gain experience in many duties including:
faxing, typing, answering phones, prepping test areas and grading tests. Great place to help customers find jobs and work on their resumes.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Once your hired on its a great place to work and move up in the company. Great people to work with its pretty relaxing when its not so busy but its kind of fun when it is busy and all holidays off.
Stressful but rewarding
Animal Control Officer/RVT (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 4, 2019
I enjoyed helping distressed animals of all kinds. Arrests and convictions were hard worked for. The hardest thing to do was euthanize animals, but being a field officer it was limited to sick, injured or vicious animals. It was very satisfying working with a variety of animals. Wild and domestic including livestock. I could have done without the skunks.
Working with the local sheriff's department and occasional FBI agent was rewarding.
Pros
Paid leave
Cons
Long hours when on call
Positive Environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 3, 2019
It was a great workplace. Everyone was kind and considerate. There was great teamwork. There were many opportunities for growth. It was a great way to challenge myself with tasks taken.
poll worker assistant supervisor
Assistant Supervisor/Poll Worker (Current Employee) –  trona, caDecember 23, 2018
The county provided all of the necessary training for our crew to run a fifteen hour work day without any problems. I enjoyed my day working at the polls. The instructions for me to follow were very clear and our supervisor did a great job.
love working there
Extraction Lead (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 19, 2018
Love working with this company. wish they had hire me they only go threw temp agency. they cross train everyone in everything. very family oriented...
Pros
pay
Cons
only work for a couple of weeks
Not for the squeemish
Library Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 22, 2018
There was no support from HR regarding issues brought to their attention. Suppressive in terms of autonomy.
Some co workers were amazing others had an issue with ethnic managers.
Everything that I learned was due to my own drive and initiative as there is no support for career development.

The best part of this job was creating an promoting library programs that was of great benefits to library patrons.

The worst part was dealing with ego-maniacal personas in upper management.
Pros
working with library patrons and career development that I provided to my staff via cross training.
Cons
Poor management structure, micromanagement.
No People Skills Here
Figment of the Counties Imagination (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino County, CANovember 9, 2018
This place is will stain your resume! Moral is very very very low, you don't know who you can trust. Clique centric and very hostile environment. Sabatoge of your work is something that happens here. Too many petty people and managers who do not have any real world experience. A lot of people here have worked with the county for at least a decade and did not have any real experience when they started and it really shows in their work ethic and habits. Full of wannabe professionals who's work ethic is embarrassing to work around and for. Many people here do not have people skills.
Pros
Fancy employee badge and lanyard
Cons
They waste your time
Typical Government Job but Morale is low
Deputy District Attorney (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 8, 2018
The workload is heavy, the administration provides little support or encouragement to attorneys, and the organization is very political.

Most training is provided onsite by current staff members, and only a very select number of attorneys get approval for training outside of the office.

The quality of support staff varies greatly: some are dedicated to their job and do all they can to provide the best services possible while others are only there to collect a paycheck and don't care about the level of service they provide.

Management/Supervision is poor for the most part.
Pros
Automatic progression through the levels of attorney seniority.
Cons
Very little recognition for those who "go the extra mile" unless you are a "favored son."
Lack of Moral
Employment Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 7, 2018
No TEAM effort in TAD WTW program. Low moral. Lack of joy and happiness. Some supervisors do not support the employee. Some supervisors are not repremanded for their behaviors and meanness towards employees. Issues are swept under the rug. FAVORITISM within the office. Some employees get special treatment.
benefits
Cons
high cost of dependant benefits
Good job
Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 6, 2018
The job was good but as an Office Assistant managers and supervisors and even workers do not take you seriously which was pretty frustrating. Overall entry level jobs are fine and there is room for advancement.
Pros
Flex Schedule
Cons
Short lunches, poor moral
Intern worker
Services Social Worker (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 3, 2018
Intern worker (no pay). Answering phones and filing paperwork and note taking in meetings daily. Worked under management. Hardest part of work was not able to help out the abused kids. Most enjoyable was to give input on how to help make problems better.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Travel to other local cities.
Work with diverse population to transition into self-sufficiency.
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 2, 2018
Opportunity to work with diverse population to offer opportunities for self-sufficiency via employment, education and family stabilization. Proud to have been instrumental in transition from dependency to productive members of society.
Pros
Building trust with public and respect from staff.
Cons
Lack of management support and recognition of staff contributions.
Worked directly with the public
Eligibility Worker II (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 30, 2018
Take initiative to learn county programs of the department that you are assigned. Be patient, polite, and professional at all times. Be sure to always provide great customer service
had a contract position
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 28, 2018
Fellow staff in the fiscal department was amazing and helpful. I really got along great and everyone was very friendly, patient and helpful. There was a lot of miscommunication from the state liason about the cost report templates so there was some confusion and many meeting and phone conferences to confirm various details several times cutting into production being a temp... however I wish I could go back and continue applying for ft positions when open
Best job-room for advancement
Transcriber/Supervising Clerk III (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 26, 2018
Working for the government is perfect. There is respect for all. While working for the government, I had job advancement 4 times. Who doesn't want that? I highly recommend.
Pros
Job Advancement, great supervisors and managers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Bernardino County. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight