San Bernardino County Employee Reviews

Great environment & Co-workers, makes you feel part of a team.
WEX Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAOctober 16, 2018
I enjoy working here, and although I am a WEX Clerk I am treated like part of the "crew'.
I will miss this job and all of the new people I have met. I have learned many new things with this job and I am very appreciative for the opportunity the county has given me.
Pros
great people to work with, always helpful, communication.
Cons
Wex is not a continuous position let go after 1 year.
Armc
Licensed Clinical Therapist I (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAOctober 11, 2018
My day started with psychosocial intakes, followed by treatment team meetings, discharges and progress notes. Interact with patients who request your service throughout the day. Make collateral calls to outside agencies, families, friends, providers, if the patients give staff consent to do so under HIPPA laws. Report any child or elder abuse.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Cut throat
too politically motivated
Fiscal Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino County, CAOctober 9, 2018
You know the term, it rolls downhill? Well, when things got tough on the Board of Supervisors, it started rolling. Oftentimes the low man on the totem pole got the brunt of it.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too much politics
Very good department
Fire/EMS Supervisor/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CA 92395October 9, 2018
Working with the county fire department was a success for my future to help me in the fire service. I have received many good classes form fire captains their.
Pros
Good training
Cons
long hours and work all month long.
It depends on what Dept you work for.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 9, 2018
Overt, it’s a good company to work for . Good benefits, some departments are more flexible than others. Lots of paid holiday time off. Some departments offer over time and Comp time.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Some lead, supervisor can be micro management.
Fast paced employer
Child Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CASeptember 24, 2018
Self paced work environment with little supervision. Management needed more experience. When an employee has a questions regarding work or a task they would only have limited answers.
Pros
Friendly
County Of San Bernardino
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino County, CASeptember 20, 2018
I would manage the health information for 22 clinics. Medical requests, meetings, customer service, assisting in the office and working with the doctors, nurses, and other staff.
Benefits
Cons
Various departmental issues
it was work experience
Mail Room Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA 92415September 15, 2018
they let me in to do letter work I was good at it good people. it was experience for jobs . to learn new work. I was in mail room on big machine. I like the job.
Inovative and Contributinh Member of Upgrade Team
PeopleSoft Security Business Analyst - Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 12, 2018
Enjoyed being able to contribute to the functional upgrade of PeopleSoft, specifically PeopleSoft Security. In this position I was responsible for upgrading Security to accommodate new functionality across different HR modules such as Benefits, HR, Payroll, & Time & Labor
Pros
Gained additional knowledge.
Cons
Excellent group of employees to work with. Never a dull moment
SUPERVISING OFFICE ASSISTANT (OA) (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CASeptember 12, 2018
I spent 17.5 years with the County of San Bernardino in Joshua Tree, California. I had the pleasure of working for several talented and caring supervisors. I also worked side-by-side many excellent employees.

I felt that most days were a challenge since I never knew who would walk through the office door in need of assistance. Most issues were general questions. Most customers were clients that came to meet with one of our staff to discuss an issue that dealt with our office. I enjoyed assisting with some of the most difficult questions that were presented when there was no one else that was able to assist.

I hope that the lessons of dealing with customers and with my fellow employees stays with me forever because it will certainly be of assistance to me if I have the same or similar situation present itself.

I honestly miss that environment, the people that I worked with, and the many challenges that office presented. I look forward to many of these same experiences in the future.
Pros
Set work schedule, secured office/work area, close to home.
Cons
Occasionally an unexpected rude customers that I was not able to help.

Want to know more about San Bernardino County?

Ask a question
Good job
Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 6, 2018
Working for the Public Defenders office is never the same everyday. It is fast-paced and requires attention to detail and flexibility. It requires you to be understanding and patient as well as self-motivated. It can be emotional dealing with difficult cases that may be high profile or child sensitive. The management is supportive for the most part thought and that helps a lot. I like the people I work with and for majority of the time.
Insular, secret-guarding information-hoarding environment
Staff Analyst II, Fleet Management Department (Current Employee) –  San BernardinoAugust 30, 2018
This emlployer is one that suffered a major terrorist attack where 14 employees were killed and many injured severely. The County denied medical care, medications, and compensation to the survivors while still holding ostentatious ceremonies in honor of the dead and surviving victims and calling us a "County family". The County does not want to take responsibility for anything and is thus self-insured and exercises frequently the ability to deny claims when any other employer who is not self-insured would be able to do.
Pros
9/80 schedule
Cons
No support of employees, favorites are chosen upon hire, no others have a chance of promoting.
Meeting the needs of Departments payroll needs
Auditor/Controller-Recorder/EMACS (Payroll) (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 29, 2018
Very fast paced and diverse responsibilities. Working with all departments county wide, benefits, retirement fiscal as well as all communicating with employees oui yes as well.
Pros
Traing opportunity
Cons
Sometimes being micro managed
Child Care Provider/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Victorville CaliforniaAugust 24, 2018
Fun place to work love my coworkers team players very helpful with training Healthcare was a plus free meals were provided learning material filling out paperwork and computer input enjoy children and talkin with the parents
Pros
lots of over time, free education to move up in the company
Cons
You had to keep up with the training
teaching skills WEX
Clerk/WEX (Former Employee) –  Needles, CAAugust 23, 2018
This company was amazing to work for, provided work experience to become a licence County worker if you chose to take that route. Management was kind and inspiring and made you want to be there.
Good Job
Volunteer WEX Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 21, 2018
Love the environment and working with customers. People are very helpful and knowledgeable. Currently, a volunteer, but treated as a regular employee.
Fast Pace busy work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAAugust 20, 2018
Worked for the County as a WEX Employee as an Office Assistant. Loved the fast paced work environment. Just wish there was more opportunity to grow within the Company.
Pros
Always work to do.
Cons
Not every one's a team player
Organization
Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 18, 2018
The county has diversified responsibilities such as managing schools, healthcare systems, maintenance of roads, fire services and regulatory responsibilities. I am happy to be part of a functional organization such as the County of San Bernardino.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
was a substitute teacher / teacher aide
Substitute Teacher, Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 15, 2018
I was a substitute teacher aide/ teacher, I worked with presschool age children.
I assisted the teacher with implementing lesson plans
Assisted students with daily activities
Productive and energetic work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 13, 2018
I loved showing up to work and being greeted by all of my co-workers, I learned how to perform various tasks. the managers are very helpful and encouraging. The hardest part of the job I would say was when we were in crunch to process applications before a very close deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything! i loved my cubicle, my coworkers, my boss , just everything.
Pros
Having holidays and weekends off
Cons
Having extra work when too many people would call off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Bernardino County. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight