San Diego Association of Governments Employee Reviews

Productive and flexible
Criminal Justice Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 28, 2017
Although work can be fast paced at times the project managers make sure to accommodate the deadlines so they don't interfere with school schedules for those still in school. The work environment is great and everyone acts very courteous and professional. Typically there aren't any set work schedules since you can change your schedule hours per week.
Good
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2017
There was a good atmosphere. People are friendly and work cooperatively. Everybody works closely together, for example as an intern I worked closely with senior and resident engineers.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Things can take a long time to get done
Smart people, wonderful place to work
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2016
Talented people work there and they are very friendly as well as hard-working. It's a very nice place to work. Very highly recommended if you have an opportunity.
Productive and thriving work place environment
Public Health Planning Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2014
I highly enjoyed my experience working at SANDAG. Not only did I learn immensely, but my supervisors assisted me greatly with the process.
Good place to work!
Toll Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 23, 2013
Pros – - State employee
- Superior benefits
- More PTO and recognized holidays
- Better pay rate than private companies
- Solid leadership
- CALPERS pension
- Very flexible hours, doesn't follow the mandatory "8-hour" daily schedule. Which means you can work 10 hours for 4 days a week.

Cons – - Little to No advancement
- Company cannot make maximizing profits a goal because it's a public entity
- Doesn't match IRA contributions
- Promotes public retirement accounts than private independent retirement accounts.

Advice to Senior Management – Stagnation. The company lacks aggression that the private sector has thus it stagnates and this is mainly because public entities are forbidden to maximize profits.
Anyone who has a chance to work here is STOKED!
ITS Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2012
Decent pay, supportive and caring management that respect and appreciate staff at every level. This place was awesome to work at...
* I totally shed a tear when the girl whose desk I covered while she was out on Maternity Leave, returned to work.
Pros
really supportive management, great environment
Cons
not one con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Diego Association of Governments. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6