San Diego Community College District Employee Reviews

Very Productive work place, great Interaction with Contract, Faculty and Hourly employees
Plant Operations Aide (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2018
The work environment is very productive and it is done in a timely manner because usually I am working alone and/ or with someone. The hardest part of the job is usually when you get many things done quickly and productively as well as having to complete time sensitive tasks dilligently. It is enjoyable when you meet other hourly and contract workers in the college district in Miramar college. It is a good place to be active in the work force when it comes to knowing many familiar faces from the public and from other students.
Pros
Getting Along with everyone, Lunch Break
Cons
NO paid holidays as an Hourly worker
Bridges is a great internship
Laboratory Research Assistant- Bridges (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
Had an amazing time working for bridges. I learned more about organic chemistry than I ever would have if I didn't accept this job offer. It's a great advancement for the future, and it provides many opportunities to excel in life and career choices.
San Diego
Senior CNC Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2018
Community college that was dependent on government contracts for it's existence. Did not treat it's employees well. Deserves to be as was bought out by a better entity.
Educational institution
Technical Analyst - Finance (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2018
This is an supervisory technical role. A typical day includes working face to face with the users, working on projects and troubleshooting issues that may occur. I have learned patience and two computer systems since I started in 2010. The hardest part of the job is trying to solve the issues in a timely manner as the system is new to us and we do not have experience with it. The most enjoyable is when with solve the issues and able to make the user's live easier.
Pros
Holidays, benefits, challenges, pension
Cons
Politics
Fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Flexible Schedules, offers part time available, fun and peaceful environment, fits well for students to work while going to school, cultural diversity
Good environment to work.
Plant Operations Aide (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2017
Good place to work it just the 25 hours per week that they allow you to work. Plus no health or dental package. Hence that's where the 25 hours a week, so that they are not liable of giving the employee the health package.
Pros
Good environment to work.
Cons
The lack of any kind of health insurance was the only con for me
Great Teachers
Outreach Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2017
Great environment and supportive teachers. It was great getting to know the kids and the understanding the needs of the children. The teachers were very supportive.
Decent place to work
Lead HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2017
Aside from a few bad apples it was a great place to work. Unfortunately, due to the american federation of teachers union, certain unproductive and/or insubordinate employees were allowed to keep their jobs. Job security is great, even if you are a terrible employee.
Pros
Benefit
Cons
Protection of bad employees
Great employer
Online Accounting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, CAOctober 5, 2017
Provided benefits to adjunct instructors who worked over a 50% course load. Wonderful Dean to work for and great fellow instructors. Great students.
Outstanding place to work.
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2017
My experience at the San Diego Community College District was rewarding. It afforded me the ability and opportunities to learn basic Office Skills and develop proficiency in Excel, Payroll and various Database procedures.
Pros
It allowed me to continue my education while working Part-time; This made my work schedule flexible, so that I could attend school.
Cons
As a Part-time employee I wasn't entitled to many benefits as compared to a Full-time employee.

Want to know more about San Diego Community College District?

Ask a question
ESL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92117September 1, 2017
Great opportunities to teach and meet students from all over the world. Work with like minded instructors who enjoy working with international students. Enjoyed working with ESL department Chairs. Enjoyed helping students improve their English.
Love this job, but wish I had more hours
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2017
After working for the SDCCD for over 18 years I wish that teaching hours were more plentiful and that there were more of a emphasis put on seniority of adjunct faculty.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
few hours given
Loved it
Senior Tutor/Ed Coach (Former Employee) –  San Diego City CollegeAugust 3, 2017
Loved working for City College. Very nice work environment and management was also great but you do need a degree to move up. The nice thing is they basically let me internship.
FINANCIAL AID OUTREACH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2017
San Diego City College is a great place to work. You will meet people of all ages who are ready to further their education. The staff is great and the campus is set in a beautiful location in Downtown San Diego.
Pros
Work hours, atmosphere, great benefits plan for full time employees
Professional Environment - Able to make a difference
DSD, Healthcare Careers Inst., EEO (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2017
Great place to work and make a difference. Professional and educational environment with room for growth as a Associate Professor. Work extensively with diverse populations.
Loved work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJune 25, 2017
A community college set in the heart of San Diego. A diverse student population with differing needs. Great work environment and faculty committed to meeting the students needs
Friendly people
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2017
Working at San Diego Mesa College as an adjunct teaching American Sign Language, Deaf Culture, and Fingerspelling, allowed for life changing. Being one of two hearing instructors in the interpreting program, I was provided the opportunity to meet many different people involved in Deaf Culture.

The workplace was friendly and inviting.
The hardest part of the job was meeting the needs of all the students, yet it was also the most enjoyable since it allowed to meet and collaborate with many diverse individuals.
Pros
Nice people and place to work
Cons
Resources scattered
Smart knowledgeable management, friendly supportive environment
Part-Time Biology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2017
Great job, good hours, fulfilling daily work, fun daily experience. Pay is low but it is a community college so what can you do. Management gave me freedom to run my lab how i felt and interact with instructors and students if problems arose.
Pros
Never stop Learning, Supportive Management
Cons
pay was low for my area
Dysfunctional and Typical of Academia
Ananymous (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2017
Typical school in American academia. More than a bit incompetent at times, always a bit dysfunctional. People being hired because of race and gender and not because of proper qualifications and competence.

Too many cooks trying to stir the broth. Wrong focus always. When did it become about political correctness and not about educating people for the real world?
Pros
Usually clean and modern learning environment.
Cons
Too many mistakes by administration. Wrong people hired for the wrong job!
Geat Campus
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2017
San Diego Community College is a great campus to work at. Focused on the education of underserved and underrepresented students. Class sizes are large, but the students are awesome and hungry to learn.
Pros
Multicultural
Cons
Need more resources