San Diego County Credit Union

San Diego County Credit Union Employee Reviews

United States87 reviews
Wouldn’t recommend
They pay good but if your looking for a customer service position I wouldn’t recommend this job. All they care about is SALES and if you aren’t making your sales goal that can result in write ups and termination
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Sales is all they care about
IT management communication poor
Great company overall. IT management communication poor. Understanding of job function wasn’t communicated properly. CA vs AZ staff attitudes poor.
Help desk management issues.
Loved my time there
Best place I ever worked, with great folks to call peers. I moved to Texas for more affordable living, would of never left that place and I miss it. My direct supervisors were both amazing.
Great company culture and an ideal job for people who enjoy a sales-based position.
Overall, the company culture is fantastic. They care about their employees and customers. It is important to note that the branch positions focus a lot on sales and service. Sales goals can be a bit out of reach, but management does their best to help employees succeed.
Love the company
I had a great time working for SDCCU. This may differ for some people depending on the location you work at and the people you work with but overall Great people, great experience, great culture!
Leave a review. Help people like you.
was good at first but now a nightmare
2 years ago this place was amazing, I could see myself working at SDCCU the rest of my life. Now, everything has changed. SALES SALES SALES! If you don't meet these ridiculous sales goals then you will never be able to move up and will get terrible reviews. They don't care about you as an employee or their members. its all about the money! People who are unethical with sales get all the praise! its not worth working here.
Lack of technology
The credit union grew too fast and it wasn't set up well enough to take on what it took on. This impacted customer service, which affect branch moral.
Boring job
Racist stay clear if you’re Indian or Black
They don’t not allow you to talk to co workers and if you make 1 mistake within your first 2 weeks of getting hired you’re out of there. They won’t train you at all good luck
Average
Working here was average. Heavily focused on Sales and referall goals/quotas, where they became very cutthroat. Management did not really assist in your personal development/success
Productive and fun to work with
My experience was great. Hands on position where you were treated as family and most of employees helped each other. The environment in which I worked was awesome.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at San Diego County Credit Union?
Lots of opportunities to advance.
There are a lot of opportunities to advance. Great loan rates and excellent products/services make sales easy to promote. Branch environment is really dependent on the individual manager.
Pretty sneaky
They claim to be not for profit & all about "members". Such a lie. They are exactly same as big banking & could not care less beside their bottom line
Big Bank Attitude
Great place 2 years ago. Don’t care about their employees. Upper Management are comprised of over paid, entitled narcissists who would sooner throw you under the bus then to stand up for their team. They might want to think about adding in some diversity - might improve things.
okay place
it's a great company to work- Just have to get with the right department - Great benefits- but no pension, 401k match of 50% on the dollar. I would not recommend it as a career but a decent job if you really need a job to hold you over
Great work environment, easy going
Work culture and the people were great. The pay, not so much. Management makes an effort to improve the credit union in standings, procedures, and environment.
Torment
You can read what SDCCU did to an employee at the link below and decide for yourself what you want to think

Worked at a Big Branch - fast paced
Was fun but had allot of sales expectations and referrals required. The hardest part of the job was fulfilling those sales but in an honest way that I felt best represented my values. I was located at an extremely busy branch it was considered a big branch so it can be very fast paced.
Pros
bonuses, paid sick leave, pto, and 401k
Cons
short breaks
Toxic Culture and Ineffective Leader
EVP of Credit lacks leadership, experience, and people skills and is threatened by employees more skills and education. I did enjoy however the pizza.
Big Bank!
Became a "Big Bank"! When I started working at SDCCU it was truly a great place to work. Always focused on Member Service and Member Needs, then with new CEO, the focus became on greed.
Very stressful and a lot of micro management
Very stressful and a lot of micro management , Human Resources department its the worst that i seen and the company vision is to pay as much advertising as they can in order to cover their deficiencies
Cheapskates
Simplistic job, terrible pay, no chance for advancement. No raises for becoming a permanent employee vs. temp and no raise for length of tenure working there. Miserable temp job, do not sink to here unless you are desperate, and then escape ASAP.
Pros
Alloted money for purchasing uniforms
Cons
Low pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Diego County Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight