San Diego County Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Here's the Problem...
Residential Review Appraiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2018
The majority of the staff is made up of temporary workers. The credit union does this to avoid paying benefits and vacation time.

They lag behind of lenders and similar credit unions.

Management, with the exception of few were inexperienced and could not make reasonable decisions or manage properly.

Most of their money is spent on advertising.
Think Twice
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2018
Extremely stressful, not adquetly staffed, required to be hands on everything due to lack of trust they have for their employees. Worked extremely long days, never compensated. Poorly ran by upper management. They claim they want to know & help you, but rather often times ignore what management shares, and expect you to do whatever is good for their adgena. The hardest part was extreme pressure on sales, taking on a Wells Fargo mentality, but claiming they were not. Endeless back office work, systems out dated, and often did not catch employee mistakes leading to very uncomfortable write-ups. The only enjoyable part of the day was the employees working alongside you.
Pros
Cons
Sales, working weekends, upper management
Fun environemnt w/ opportunities to grow
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pacific Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2018
within my two years of my employment there i was able to get promoted twice!
Company is a decent company holidays off and holiday work events and they're heavily involved with the community.
It's a so-so business
Grunt (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2018
I would be fairly hesitant to recommend San Diego County Credit Union to a friend. It's an ok place to work, but there is not a lot of room for advancement and there is a high turnover.
great people, stressful environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2018
As a long time member of SDCCU, I was super excited when I got hired by them, but I didn't realize how stressful the sales goals are for their positions. They throw newbies in without much knowledge on the products we are selling and expect you to make your sales goals, which in my opinion was a lot per month to achieve. I loved my coworkers and regular members but management can be a lot and they really stress on the sales goals because that's how they make their bonuses as managers. I wouldn't recommend the job to anyone who is uncomfortable cross selling with a line out the door. The benefits were good, kind of expensive but good. And the holiday bonus was nice too.
Pros
benefits, some saturdays off, no sunday hours!
Cons
everything else....
good place to work for
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 7, 2017
a great job while i worked there. only left due to looking for career advancement. opportunities were available, however level of cutthroat i felt was usually against me.
Customer service and sales goals
Vice President, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2017
Managed the daily operational needs of the office. Cash handling. staff schedule time card meal time ,providing immediate attention to staff and clients needs . Willing to go OVER AND BEYOND WHAT'S NEEDED to sati It's my responsible to to keep the team happy and well balancedsfy both. Managed staff f 20 or more To comply with security and regulations provided by employer . Control budget, loss to the business, as well as fraud.
Pros
Reaching out to others to try our services
good place to work
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAOctober 15, 2017
like my job, and recommend it to anyone who is deciding to make it a permanent job. Great co-workers, and very fair environment to work at. No long hours,
Good work/life balance
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
SDCCU was a good place to work, however, systems were very outdated.The organization was balanced as far as sales and service goes. Definitely a different environment compared to commercial banking.
Great company to work for
Facilities Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2017
This is a great company to work for with a lot of opportunity and strong company culture. Highly satisfied with my time there and would definitely recommend..
Good Company
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2017
Great starter bank. This bank will teach you everything from start to finish and also get you the necessary licenses that you can use further along in your career
Best in show
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 10, 2017
SDCCU is the best show in town. SDCCU has been voted best credit union in San Diego in 15 years straight.

They have a great training program that has allowed many employees to learn the things they need to advance in their career and gives them opportunities to do so internally.

However, current Executive Management CEO/COO have begun placing less value on home grown management. Which means you can only advance so far before hitting the ceiling.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Sales are very important. Goals are very agressive
Great place
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Solana Beach, CAApril 6, 2017
San Diego County Credit union is a great place to work. There is room to advance and overall is a great place. I enjoyed my time there and only left because I was moving out of the area.
Seemingly supportive
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2017
Sales goals are set unrealistically. Management only gives support if it means increasing sales. Tactics used border on unethical. Corporate does not offer support at the branch level. Job culture is not there as they're not focused on having happy workers but more sales
Pros
Overtime opportunity
Cons
Aggressive sales, probation for not meeting goals, no support from management
Okay place to work
Information Center representative (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAFebruary 7, 2017
If you want your foot in the door in the CU industry you can start there. Also to get a leg in the industry your peers will help.
Fun people to work with.
MSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2017
This is a great insituation. It is fast paced and all inclusive. At the same time , you are expected to do a lot in a short amount of time. Expectations are high, but not unattainable.
Great Company
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Wonderful management who will help with anything. The workload and hours do not match the pay. It is a good job and very rewarding. Mandatory weekends and evenings make family life challenging.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Heavily political place to work but overall working here was a great experience. I gained a lot of knowledge that leveraged me to apply for a different company and make more money. San Diego County credit union was a great steppingstone
Massive work load, limited staffing
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonoymousSeptember 8, 2016
Their expectations are totally unrealistic. Bonuses are rare and underwhelming. They will squeeze everything out of you chew you up and spit you out.
Pros
Not that I experienced
Cons
CEO is a disaster. "Yes" people only!
You'll be sorry if you apply here. Not worth the stress
Admin office (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2016
Stay away from this place at all costs!!! . They overwork their employees and You will be micromanaged! The company waits until employees are crying of exhaustion before hiring additional help. The pay is not worth the stress
Pros
Perfect job if you dont want to see your families
Cons
They over work you until you are exhausted. Employee morale is llow. No work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Diego County Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight