San Diego State University
4.4

San Diego State University Employee Reviews

United States481 reviews
Productive and Busy
Everyone in the unit has a specific station to work at. Sometimes we all swap positions to gain experience. I know how to multi-task from this job as well as work under pressure
Good while it lasted
I had a very good time at SDSU until administration changed and the school started to phase out international students and ESL. My benefits were good, and the location was ideal. Really a fine job for a long time. I learned a lot and had a fine time.
Flexible and Growth-Focused
San Diego State University allows its student assistants to work flexible hours and effectively balance education and work. Not only that, but I feel that other students and myself have numerous opportunities through our student assistant positions. It's helped me build great connections, learn more about working in a professional environment, and develop skills I know I can carry onto future opportunities. The work can be challenging, but the environment is so positive and encouraging that one can comfortably ask for help and will receive it. So thankful to be working here!
Productive and flexible work place
Working here as a student made it easy for me to handle both a job and school. Management was very understanding of my class schedule and always made it a goal to work around it, making me feel like they not only cared for me, but for my education. They also allowed for students without work study to apply, which is very helpful when looking for an on campus job.
Great people to work with but management should be better.
I learned many things working here, very passionate people, however management should be better.
Bosses should learn how to value people regardless their relationship with them.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
What a great institution to learn and grow
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at SDSU, representing the campus and giving back to my school community. The people who go to SDSU are some of the most passionate and caring people I know.
MLC is the best!
I work at the MLC, and it is a great work environment. The staff is great, and everyone is very supportive. I am graduating soon so there will be an opening. Make sure you apply in person.
I enjoyed working there
It was a fun job, I love teaching and Academic atmosphere in SDSU. I like the workplace culture and diversity, the university is very clean and modern, building, campus and restaurants are nice, very accessible
Undergraduate Research Assistant
I was paid through scholarship at SDSU. I worked in a research lab under the tutelage of a graduate student performing experiments and developing components of research projects.
Excellent work environment focused on student success!
The experience that I had at San Diego State University was academically engaging and student success centered. With excellent opportunities to promote and provide support for student development and leadership, I found that SDSU was a great place to build my experience in evidence-based teaching, mentorship, and teaching philosophy. While at San Diego State, I received excellent training in conflict resolution, diversity training and inclusion. The most difficult challenge is the availability of positions and the elimination of funding for non STEM-focused colleges. The most incredible part of my job at SDSU was connecting with and being able to mentor students looking to expand their possibilities overseas.
Everything I was looking for in a University
Mechanical Engineering degree offered a challenging set of classes. Teachers were helpful and classwork felt meaningful. Advanced classes that focused on project work, applied lessons from earlier classes and were by far the most enjoyable part of my experience.
A good place for professors, not great as a TA/GTA.
As GTA's we are not paid nearly enough for the extreme amount of work we're expected to do alongside doing our own school work. It is difficult to balance classes and teaching and many students drop out of the program early on upon discovering the rigor.
Pros
Good hours depending on the class schedule you have
Cons
No benefits for GTA's
Networking opportunities
Learn new things from students and help them find resources on campus.
Everyday is a new challenge. We wear many hats some times but still do not get recognition fro our efforts.
Very well balanced
I was a student during the time, so with them being able to work with my schedule made everything work out so well. Everyone understood what it was like and didn't mind to help me out.
SDSU is for undergrads!
And I mean that in the best way. SDSU supports and teaches their undergraduates well. I find that in comparison to big universities, it is easier to find research opportunities and mentorship.
Productive and fun place to work in
Get to meet new people, Staff us really helpful. Flexible timing. Really friendly staff did not have any problem with the manager. Good payment for the amount of work. Very nice place to work in.
Productivity
Always learning something new, and the employees are always happy to help and answer the question. In the other hand, there is a lot of fun events included
I love this place
SDSU allows for full inclusion and diversity. Great managers and a supportive work-place. Good work-life balance and teams that knew what they were doing.
job review
As an adjunct nursing professor, SDSU is not only a great place to work, I always felt a sense of inclusion and support from the nursing department and the staff.
Pros
Great place to work with flexibility
Cons
none that I can think of.
A good place to work. the benefits out way the salary. The pay is not competitive to the outside agencies. Typical for government jobs, but the opportunity to go to school to further your education is a plus/
Individual experiences vary
I've graded for some wonderful people. The work itself is engaging and it is helpful to keep busy and on track with my own research.
The hours allotted are not usually sufficient, but even if they were, grading is not always very time consuming.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Diego State University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4
4.3
4.3
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight