San Diego State University Employee Reviews

Could be better
Graduate Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 12, 2018
Low stipend. The faculty is nice to work with. The workload is manageable but the money they provide needs to be supplemented. Offices need to be renovated.
Fine work, not enough support
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
I worked as a part-time graduate assistant. You are expected to provide your own computer and workspace, which is fine for some tasks and terrible for others.
Pros
Short commute, (usually) straightforward job duties
Cons
Entry level, little power, informal workspace
Relaxed atmosphere in the office
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2018
It is a nice place for a graduate student to work. You learn the skills needed to either move one to a PhD program or a job outside of academia. The professors in my department were all very easy to work with and the other graduate students are friendly and enjoyable.
Pros
Easy to get friendly with your co-grads.
Cons
Can be frustrating having to deal with some of your students who are trying to take advantage.
Work Culture
Graduate Assistant under Professor Stephen Blum (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2018
It was good working at SDSU. I worked part-time being a student there.The Professors are very supportive. I was extremely satisfied with my job there. I will suggest all the students to apply for job there.
good
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2018
Overall it was good.
a typical day at work was good
I got to learn a lot while working
and to manage things as i learnt to multitask
workplace culture was good
there was nothing hard as such
temporary postion
Guest Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2018
I temporarily helped teach a graduate level class by being a guest instructor to demonstrate what assessment and screening looks like in a non profit industry.
School
Researcher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Through partnerships, education and programming, SDSU Career Services provides students and alumni with the opportunities to define, develop and realize their career potential. SDSU Career Services fulfills this commitment by using technology to streamline processes and enhance the accessibility of services, by responding to and representing the diversity of SDSU and its community, and by providing a centralized campus resource that supports retention, academic success and the affiliation of alumni to SDSU.
As an intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I was able to expose myself to various innovative gadgets starting my sophomore year at high school. This helped foster an interest in engineering at an early stage of my life.
Limited semester graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2018
This was a brief rotation as a grad assistant working for Dr. W. Fields. She was amazing to work with and provided great mentoring along the way. It was a great experience
Tutor at EOP
Private Tutor for Computer Science (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2018
If courses one tutors are high in demands there will be a great lot of work. There was always demand in the STEM classes.
Had a flexible schedule around my classes.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Grader is a cool job to take up. We can complete the work assigned from our home and we should submit the papers in the time asked. Its also a educative as we need to look into our engineering basics.
Undergraduate Research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2018
I was doing undergrad research required for the degree, not actually a job. I did have a great adviser who helped me publish a paper, secure graduate education, and a summer job.
Good computer programs
Student (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Did certificate program online and teachers were very knowledgeable and helped explain complex details even when working remotely off campus. Assignments were great.
Good learning environment with opportunities for independent research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2018
I worked primarily as a research assistant, but originally came into the lab as a volunteer. I have worked my way up and am given tasks to complete independently which helps build my skill set as well as my confidence.
Fun and great environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work with smart friendly people. Great learning experience and lovely staff. Would recommend others to do this job, as well. Overall great experience.
good place to work at
Graduate Student Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2018
i worked without pay, my project did not have any funding.But the people are nice and the team works well together on many projects. It has many advantages to work here.
Good place
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Nice research group to work with. Active and research oriented at wireless network research group. Good colleges and we are always helping each other.
Productive and Good Platform to learn
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Here, you can learn in your GA position together with your study curriculum.I have learned about how to process the data and predict the data in R programming.
Track & Field
Outreach Specialist Sproles Empowered Youth (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Great facilities and environment to work in. Was able to interact with athletes as well as work with professional athletes conducting drills and skill excersises.
Fun Workplace environment
Career Service Resource Room Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Working here is incredibly fun, you are able to meet a lot of people and help students along the way. Everyone works together and there are tons of aids for students offered.