San Francisco Giants

San Francisco Giants Employee Reviews

United States93 reviews
Most candidates give up salary to work in the industry. Currently there are limited growth opportunities with tenured staff at the top. Changes will happen in the next 5 years.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Work Life Balance
Don't play baseball if you don't want to. The people you work with in the organization are great but if they don't want you to succeed they will burry you.
Pros
Great travel experiences
Cons
Traveling experience
Work w/great team they are like family. I have the best supervisor ever. Fun part is you get to know season ticket holders & sometimes watch the game.
Great atmosphere to work in if you are a baseball fan. The job it’s self is not difficult. The overall environment during an event is exciting to be a part of.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I work with visitors, making their visit a stand-out occasion whether they are visiting to watch a game or event or taking a tour of a major league park. The job is to provide great customer service, solve problems & answer questions, and to engage with guests in a positive, articulate way
Pros
Great environment; great organization
Cons
During games, the need to resolve occasional behavior problems
Where do I start? Horrible management. Clueless HR Lazy workers All about politics Payroll is a joke Cannot get ahead unless you engage in politics. You are not allowed to be direct or you will be reprimanded
Despite significant time and physical work, the job offered a great opportunity to coach kids and understand the importance of organization and planning ahead.
Had an absolutely wonderful time working for the Giants. Met tons of amazing people, got to be part of lots of special moments. Would definitely work there again and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Paid lunches, great environment, great management, pick what days you want to work
Cons
Long commute if you aren't in SF.
Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons to guard against theft. Operate detecting devices to screen individuals entering premises.
Work-life balance is nearly impossible. The hours spent at the ballpark were ridiculously high, add in the commute time,..ouch. Fan complaints about very minor things wear you down especially when you are the one dealing with them. Same with employee complaints. Other than that and a couple full-time jerks you’ll have to work with in any job it was a great work experience.
Pros
Free meals, great healthcare benefits, pension (no longer available), World Series trips, and rings, getting acquainted with many wonderful people.
Cons
Long hours, long commute
My experience was good but left unexpected after new director decided to bring his own people and cut ties with anyone under previous director. The company advertises innovation but does not carry into each department. Some departments are run with old procedures and close minded about new ways of doing things.
The Giants are working diligently to create a positive culture where all employees feel valued for the work they do on a given day. One of the main priorities is to help build strong young men both on and off the field.
As a Junior Giants Ambassador I did a lot of my work off site and with our Hayward league. I showed up everyday and assisted with coordinating our game times, practice times, and the distribution each week of different packets of what our JRG's were learning that week.
GREAT job would recommend to anyone who would want to kickstart their career. Great for learning the basics of business while still remaining hands on with the clientele
Working in sports is often glamourized. It is so hard to even get your foot in the door that any type of upward mobility is stifled. The hours are long and pay is poor.
it's fun to work with the Giants, although it's my part time job. Co-works are all nice and supportive, chill work environment. Snacks in the kitchen are the best! lol.
I have been working for the San Francisco Giants for just under a year and I love it. I am fully handicapped, which makes it hard to work. But they make it so stress free. I am walking now. But i love them. So much.
This has been the most fun, challenging and personally satisfying job I have ever had. I wished the Giants played more games in the season. No two days are ever the same and it is a pleasure to make sure that our guests have the ultimate fan experience at every game.
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Greatest job I've ever had! I have a ton if finn! Meet lots of people, talk about baseball, pick your own schedule. It's great! I've never been able to pick my own schedule before and that helps with the work life balance.
A professional sports organization that has a championship expectation for all its employees. The championship standard is applied to all levels of the organization.
It was a great experience, a huge baseball park which is adjacent to San Francisco bay. If you have a plan to visit San Francisco during the baseball season, this is the best place