San Francisco Giants

San Francisco Giants Employee Reviews

San Francisco Giants insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Fast Paced and Fun to Work in Ballpark

Fast Paced work with long hours during baseball season. Fun to work within the front office of a baseball team but there is little room for advancement and tons of inter-company politics. Budgets are scarce especially in the marketing sector of the company and during Covid-19 the communication on who was being laid-off and when was pretty terrible. I was laid off due to Covid-19 and was given no reason as to why I was laid-off when so many others in the company were kept on.The culture is pretty chill. Hours vary based on game days and weekends, and it's a fun place to work if you're a baseball fan. However, there's a sense that the employees should "just be happy to work for a baseball team." This leads to lack of compensation, raises, and upward mobility within the company. It is very difficult to hire top talent to work for this company because of the low pay relative to Bay Area salaries and lack of mobility.

Pros

Ballpark experience, chill work environment, friendly coworkers

Cons

salary, professional mobility, lack of communication from executive staff

Fun place to work

Great company to work for. They take care of their employees. During the pandimic they continued to pay all employees while off work. Yesterday I love the interaction with my fellow employees. Management is really on top of things with our scheduling

Pros

Since covid we no longer receive food

Cons

Break area are far away, but they allow travel time

Baseball Ops / Inadequate Management nagement

The overall experience in working for Baseball Ops at Oracle Park was dreadful. Management favorites and other treated without respect is a common occurrence. Managers lie are untrained in employee relations , arrogant and condescending. If looking for a job that appreciates you for working hard and may one day reward you for efforts, keep looking. This is not it. Turnovers occur daily due to unknowing applicants realizing the jerks in charge are indifferent to them as people. You been warned.

Pros

Cons

everything

Good part-time/seasonal job

I have worked security at the Giants for the last 4 yrs. Pay is reasonable but not great. No benefits since i'm part time but full time staff get some benefits. Main thing is that you have opportunities for overtime. You get to choose when you work. Extremely flexible. Management is very caring and works hard.

Pros

Flexibility, plenty of work during season

Cons

Pay isn't as great as other places

Don't play baseball if you don't want to. The people you work with in the organization are great but if they don't want you to succeed they will burry you.

Pros

Great travel experiences

Cons

Traveling experience

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Its like my 2nd family

Work w/great team they are like family. I have the best supervisor ever. Fun part is you get to know season ticket holders & sometimes watch the game.

Good company to work for.

Great atmosphere to work in if you are a baseball fan. The job it’s self is not difficult. The overall environment during an event is exciting to be a part of.

Great organization, great environment

I work with visitors, making their visit a stand-out occasion whether they are visiting to watch a game or event or taking a tour of a major league park. The job is to provide great customer service, solve problems & answer questions, and to engage with guests in a positive, articulate way

Pros

Great environment; great organization

Cons

During games, the need to resolve occasional behavior problems

Good Place to work when team is performing

Most candidates give up salary to work in the industry. Currently there are limited growth opportunities with tenured staff at the top. Changes will happen in the next 5 years.

Pros

Pension

Cons

Work Life Balance

Run don’t walk from this organization

Where do I start? Horrible management. Clueless HR Lazy workers All about politics Payroll is a joke Cannot get ahead unless you engage in politics. You are not allowed to be direct or you will be reprimanded

Hard Work with Great Reward

Despite significant time and physical work, the job offered a great opportunity to coach kids and understand the importance of organization and planning ahead.

Very fun place to work, and BASEBALL!

Had an absolutely wonderful time working for the Giants. Met tons of amazing people, got to be part of lots of special moments. Would definitely work there again and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Paid lunches, great environment, great management, pick what days you want to work

Cons

Long commute if you aren't in SF.

Oracle park

Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons to guard against theft. Operate detecting devices to screen individuals entering premises.

I worked in upper management. It was a great opportunity with a great organization. However, my home life suffered because of the massive time deman

Work-life balance is nearly impossible. The hours spent at the ballpark were ridiculously high, add in the commute time,..ouch. Fan complaints about very minor things wear you down especially when you are the one dealing with them. Same with employee complaints. Other than that and a couple full-time jerks you’ll have to work with in any job it was a great work experience.

Pros

Free meals, great healthcare benefits, pension (no longer available), World Series trips, and rings, getting acquainted with many wonderful people.

Cons

Long hours, long commute

Fun place to work but leaders are afraid of change.

My experience was good but left unexpected after new director decided to bring his own people and cut ties with anyone under previous director. The company advertises innovation but does not carry into each department. Some departments are run with old procedures and close minded about new ways of doing things.

The emphasis is to help improve the players.

The Giants are working diligently to create a positive culture where all employees feel valued for the work they do on a given day. One of the main priorities is to help build strong young men both on and off the field.

Engaging and fun work place

As a Junior Giants Ambassador I did a lot of my work off site and with our Hayward league. I showed up everyday and assisted with coordinating our game times, practice times, and the distribution each week of different packets of what our JRG's were learning that week.

Great

GREAT job would recommend to anyone who would want to kickstart their career. Great for learning the basics of business while still remaining hands on with the clientele

Good Company bad industry

Working in sports is often glamourized. It is so hard to even get your foot in the door that any type of upward mobility is stifled. The hours are long and pay is poor.

Fun

it's fun to work with the Giants, although it's my part time job. Co-works are all nice and supportive, chill work environment. Snacks in the kitchen are the best! lol.

I love it

I have been working for the San Francisco Giants for just under a year and I love it. I am fully handicapped, which makes it hard to work. But they make it so stress free. I am walking now. But i love them. So much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Francisco Giants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• San Francisco Giants