San Francisco State University Employee Reviews

productive work place
Lifestyle & Culture Editor for Xpress Newspaper (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2018
While there are issues in turn over in management those that hold the positions usually are professional and set a good example. The job has mostly been a good experience to grow from.
San Francisco State University
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2018
San Francisco State University is a school that provides students enjoyable and flexible activities. There are several programs that help students easily achieve their goals.
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2018
Great learning opportunity that allows for growth.
Able to create friendships and professional connections.
Able to explore leadership techniques and abilities.
Good place to work.
Telecommunications Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 6, 2018
Good place to work and improve your career. Lots of projects to work on and management supports these initiative; friendly environment and the campus is nice and pleasant as well.
Pros
Good place to work.
City school without the City
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 28, 2018
SFSU has one of the best locations for someone wanting to work in the city without the hustle and bustle of the city. the proximity also provides a great work life balance for the students and staff/faculty with all the perks of access to city living and learning can provide.
Just monotonous
Researcher & Professor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Just doing teaching the same classes every semester. Not much to write about.

Taught Graduate and Undergraduate classes every semester in computer science and electrical engineering.
Great working environment
Math/Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2018
It is a great school to study and also a very nice place to work. People who work here are very friendly and easy going. There are equal opportunities for everybody from all culture.
If your not latin then forget it.
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Its not a place for a white person. First place I have ever worked at were the white guy was the minority. All ran by the Mexicans and and if you are that then forget it. They treat you like dirt. They give all the good work to there own kind. And they told me you got to get in were you fit in.
Pros
pay
Cons
nobody speaks english
Great place to work!
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Working amongst other students and professors to enhance the accessibility of the books and resources was a collaborative, and unique experience. Enhancing the space to make it apart of the design culture on campus was the intended goal, and through guidance of multiple advisors and alumni, we were able to successfully build a more tech-friendly space.
Pros
great for self-driven, self-motivated students
Simple
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Easy to work with professor on grading papers. Can only work 3 hours a week, however teacher may work with students to compensate with additional grading.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Sign a lot of papers
Great Work Environment
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I am very happy with the workplace environment at SFSU. I appreciated the opportunity to develop my skills as a teaching in a place where I felt appreciated.
a relaxed and understanding enironment
Resident Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Resident services understands that I am a student so they made sure I put school first. I had a very flexible schedule and I worked with very kind people.
Learning
TEACHERS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2017
As you teach and help students you are also learning yourself. Even if the material wasn't the best for the student. You had to find a way to help the students learn in a fun and enjoyable way. That will also help them in the future.
Pros
People
Cons
The material sometimes
Leave Analyst
Leave Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2017
San Francisco State University provides diverse and innovated job opportunities to its employees. The Human Resource team allowed me to learn from a set of professionals how to work efficiently!
Paid Below SF's Minimum Wage
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 30, 2017
They regularly pay student assistants below the minimum wage for San Francisco. Also full time employees requested that I do their work for them even though I wasn't working for them and wasn't even in the same department as them.
Pros
Accommodated class schedules
Cons
Paid below minimum wage
Great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2017
Salary is not up to par with private entities but benefits are wonderful. You get a lot of time off during winter and you get sick time per month on top of your vacation and paid holidays. There is tuition waiver also for yourself or spouse or kids. Health benefits are great. I didn't have to pay for my family which saved us a good $700/mo which in a way can be added as a perk to your salary.
Great
Video Editing Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2017
Great place to work at while still attending school. Gives room to prioritize school work while still making good money to live. Great Supervisor who was very understanding.
just a teacher's assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 23, 2017
I started the position after one of my professors asked me to assist her in reading some of the ESL students' essay papers. I enjoyed working with her and also with the students
Very beneficial
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2017
There's not much to say about this job because it was only a temp job that didn't pay but was paid with room and board. The hours were pretty long but the benefit was having housing and food.
Pros
housing, food
Incompetant management and administration
Administrative Analyst Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2017
The university has institution-wide problems with incompetent management, corruption, and lack of leadership. Staff are paid considerably low salaries compared to market rates for the region and beyond.