Here to help
Responses from Indeed users:
San Francisco State University Employee Reviews
United States391 reviews
Found 391 reviews matching the searchSee all 395 reviews
Indeed Featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
I’ve never done it, but I’ve worked with plenty of people who do that commute every day. Very few of them like it. It doesn’t matter if they are taking the tech bus, Caltrain or car, they tend to hate it. SF is a big place, so many people who do take the tech bus or transportation have to walk, Uber or take another bus to get to the bus stop or Caltrain station.
The dancers tell us why they love their job. “I feel that I am working with professionals that I can learn from and that they will push me to take on new and challenging opportunities which are enjoyable.” “I am treated with respect, given daily encouragement, and paid well.” “I feel respected and valued for what I bring to the dance room floor area. “Professors, success is what motivates me to do a good job, but the hardest part of the job is to leave the students they are just like family members to the Professors . Knowing the fact that my hard work and perseverance will help me achieve greater professional success is what keeps me going. I feel that aligning the company's vision and values with my own is one way to achieve that.
Lunch is for about one hour you have plenty of amount of time to enjoy lunch.
Breaks are at your leisure to spend about an half and hour to just be restful.
The typical day working for San Francisco State University was great. You come in and know exactly what you need to accomplish for the day. I was able to learn more about customer service and how to better assist people
I enjoyed my time teaching at SFSU. The pay could be better given the cost of living, but that seems to be out of my departments control. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my time as a student and would certainly recommend being a GTA.
Culture, experience, and the students.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I would start my day and would greet each and everyone who I happened to be working with. Each person was wonderful and friendly. My supervisors were wonderful people to be around and were the epitome of supportive. The customers sucked, but every so often, there was one that made my day.
See more jobs
Jobs at San Francisco State University
Consisted of synthesis, extraction, purification, and analysis in an organic chemistry research lab. learned different extraction methods and lots of purifying through column chromatography and analyzation through NMR
The English department at SFState offers amazing programs where students are able not only to learn but practice a variety of skills, and get a lot of support and encouragement from professors. Even if you are a non-native English speaker, your skills and abilities will be equally valued and respected by professor and fellow students.
My experience has been great here. However, the effectiveness of teaching rather depends on how much I put into it and therefore, there is always room for improvement.
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Francisco State University. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 395 reviews
Ratings by category
Ratings from women
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Questions about San Francisco State University
- How would you describe the pace of work at San Francisco State University?4 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make San Francisco State University a better place to wo…4 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at San Francisco State University?3 people answered
- Is housing provided for employees?3 people answered
- What benefits does San Francisco State University offer?3 people answered
- How are the working hours at San Francisco State University?3 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at San Francisco State University?3 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at San Francisco State University?3 people answered
- How often do raises occur at San Francisco State University?2 people answered
- What is the vacation policy like at San Francisco State University? How many vacation days do you ge…2 people answered
See all questions and answers
San Francisco State University Reviews by Job Title