San Francisco Symphony Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Very fast paced work environment with lots of departments cooperating to put on concerts 11 months a year!
Artistic Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 20, 2017
I loved working at the San Francisco Symphony because I love classical music and I was intimately involved in the selection of repertoire and guest artists. It was fast paced work which I loved and lots of evening time at concerts and meeting up with guest artists and taking them out for entertainment. I found my colleagues to all be completely professional and we are known as one of the finest symphony orchestra is in this country if not the world. It was of course based on the finest quality of our musicians, but also that was in the administration who made sure everything happened and concerts took place nearly every night of the year.
Pros
Free attendance to concerts.
Cons
Long but eventually rewarding work hours.
Wonderful arts organization
Executive Assistant to Director of Development (Former Employee) –  SantFrancisco, CAApril 27, 2017
The San Francisco Symphony is a dynamic arts organization and an exciting place to work. SFS is a good employer and considers its employees and attempts to include them in the work and performances of the Symphony. I experienced a very collegial atmosphere and other staff members were very helpful and welcoming to me. I was in a contract position and had there been another opening would have liked to stay.
Pros
Dynamic arts organization with many concerts and events.
Cons
Not very transparent in the hiring process.
Fun work environment
Telefund Sales Representative/Part-Time (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 15, 2017
a typical work day consist of contacting patrons regarding donating to the Symphony. The most enjoyable part is getting comp tickets to the performances.
Pros
comp tickets
Cons
late hours
Call Center of SF Symphony is a nightmare
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2014
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED cold calling. I found it exhilarating to make a sale, and liked the hours.

But the pay is awful, your first portion of your commission goes to making up their sub-minimum wage pay. Then the commission is capped. So even if you're killing it, like REALLY killing it, top caller, you're making max $17/hour. And that's only for a month or so.

Call center manager is really an emotional wreck and verbally abusive. I hope he finds happiness.
Pros
Sales experience