San Francisco Unified School District Employee Reviews for Special Education Teacher

3.3Job Security & Advancement
an okay place to work
Special Education Paraprofessional- All (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2018
San Francisco unified school district has a lot of good and bad, it really changes from school to school as far as teachers, co-workers and materials. Great Speech therapist art Lowell High School
Low Pay High Demand
Certified Credentialed Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 28, 2017
Teachers make no money and bend over backwards to provide instruction to students. It is even harder for special education teachers. They are being pulled in many directions, teaching multiple classes, case managing students who are not in their classes, holding legal meetings beyond their "contracted hours", never enough time to plan instructional material, being asked to use more government based programs. There is literally not enough time in a day to do this job and the demands are high. I worked from 7am until 8 pm almost every day during the school year and I always felt there was way more to be done. I always felt I had to work that long if I was able to properly teach my classes and case manage students, paperwork wise and instructionally.
Interesting and fun place to work
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2013
Fun, interesting, and challenging place to work. Fun because you get to work with kids. Interesting because you get see how child learn. Challenging because no two students are the same.
Pros
working with kids, pay, health benifits
Cons
management
Hard working intern working with kids with special needs
Intern-Special Education (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2012
I was an intern for a local high school in the San Francisco Unified School District in a special education class. I have always had a passion and interest in working with students with special needs and disabilities.

I worked with teachers side by side in creating curriculum and multiple subjects we would teach the students. Served as a liason between the parents and faculty to promote all the learning objectives of the students.
Pros
got to work and help students with special needs
Cons
wish the internship would of led to a permanent position