San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Not Happy
In Pt. Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 5, 2018
Was suppose to be trained for two weeks on days but they only trained me 1 week then put on nights, trained only 1 night, next night no one showed up had to work alone. Did my job well but wasn't given chance to expand.
Cons
Don't train well.
Training
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 30, 2018
This was one of the facilities I interned to get my certification.
They worked with me to insure I was comfortable drawing blood.Due to this training, I am a Phlebotomist.
Pros
Hours worked for ne
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAFebruary 2, 2018
nothing good to say about this sorry company. Treated unfairly unless your a favorite. No job security with this company. I wouldn't take my enemy to this place.
Small Hospital in Rural Setting
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAOctober 2, 2017
San Gorgonio is a small rural hospital located in Banning, California. I work on the critical care unit and I really enjoy the small unit setting. The organization has a lot of potential for growth and development, but it does have a long way to go. The pay is average, although many nurses say that the pay rate is low compared to surrounding hospitals. We need stronger management personnel and leaders, but the ones we have work very hard and truly care about patients and the community. The work environment is toxic, but I do not let the environment define me or my performance as a professional. Employee morale is low because of the issues with scheduling, communication, lack of clarity regarding training and policies/procedures, etc. The hardest part of the job for me is the shift that I work and being placed on call very often due to low patient census. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing good care to patients and families.
Pros
two fifteen minute breaks plus a lunch break, small work environment
Cons
nepotism, favorism of employees by management, lack of support for nurses
good work environment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 14, 2017
The Hospital offers good benefits. The people are nice to work with and everyone worked together as a team. The hospital treats their employees well and offers good training.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Cons
inside all day
Many great things were accomplished in 5 years!
Chief of Support Services/Executive Director HR (Former Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 8, 2017
It was a wonderful 5 years and many good things were accomplished. Pride in 60 years of existance and the build-out of a 2 story ED/ICU which added 30 new employees. As I was leaving Loma Linda University Medical Center was working on taking over or becoming a partner.
Pros
Great employees, super BOD and Physicians worked hard.
Cons
slow to change
Excellent
Director, Medical Staff Services (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAAugust 22, 2017
A bit of a distance if you live in Los Angeles, but excellent place to work! I would recommend working at San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital, highly. Nice community too.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
Too far from the city
nice place to work
Registration Clerk/ PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAAugust 12, 2017
I am very happy here I just would like to make more money. In my current role I am not paid very well. The environment is very pleasant. I love my co-workers.
Overall OK, Could be better
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJuly 14, 2017
Company is small, so has a family feel to it. Which can be good or bad, depending on your outlook on life. Disciplinary actions are one-sided and unfair, and there is no nursing union, so it's your word against theirs. Your PTO accrual is about 6 hours every 2 weeks (for new hire nurses), but they use your PTO account to pay for holidays. You don't start accruing until 90 days, so good luck if you get hired in the summer, because what you eventually accrue gets taken for the holiday season.

Very strong doctor-nurse old-fashioned hierarchy. Difficult to practice as an autonomous nurse. Minimal opportunity to advance due to the small size and the fact that managers have been there for 15-20 years or more.

Overall, low stress and I made good friends. But it wouldn't be my first choice on a list of jobs.
Pros
Family atmosphere, fun fundraising events, chances to win stuff throughout the year
Cons
PTO accrual, flexed a lot with low census, doctor-nurse culture
Self rewarding
Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAMay 23, 2017
I was able to spend extra time with a neighbor I knew for many years, helping take care of all her needs. The best part of my day was seeing her smile. The hardest part was when her time was up.
Pros
Got paid to make a neighbor and friends mom a little happier and more comfortable.
Cons
She was on hospice, time was limited.
fast paced
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAMay 18, 2017
like any hospital for an intern student, it is fast paced. my favorite thing was the patients. The hardest part of the job was when the patient died. I learned valuable information.
Loved the nurses
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Patients care was what it is all about. Maintain clean environment and proper sanitizing of hospital equipment. Working with chemicals and knowing what proper cleaning techniques will kill illnesses.
It was just OK
RN (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJanuary 29, 2017
My coworkers were friendly, the hospital itself needs to make staff more of a priority. It is a place to work, no encouragement for growth or educating staff.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Pay not competitive, no education reimbursement, no opportunity for growth
I love this place.
Cardiac heart monitor technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I have been at San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital for almost 20 years now. I have seen a lot of changes that have happened along with seeing many people come and go. I love working here. The staff I are the best of the best. I consider this place my home away from home and my second family:
Very family oriented. A great place to work.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAJanuary 6, 2017
I have loved working at San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital, but unfortunately things have changed in my life and I am needing to move on. It is a small hospital filled with kind emloyees who treat you like family. Most of us have known each other for years. It is in a small town full of family values. Great for families.
okay place to work. float pool manager is outstanding
RN Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Banning, CANovember 11, 2016
okay place to work. not diverse staff. lots of extra shifts if that's what you like. uses lots of registry and lots of LVN's. Has a staffing mix where RN has up to 8 patients on med/surg unit with LVN often from Registry that does not do assessments or care plans. often unsafe to manage high acuity patients
Pros
lots of shifts
Cons
staff is not diverse culture
Not worth it
Associate (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAJune 8, 2016
Not a family atmosphere, unless you're part of the cliques or related to someone. Management is terrible, quality of people hired are terrible, facilities are terrible. Pay and benefits are surprisingly good, but it's not worth the stress of the job. Never have i worked with such petty people.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
employees, management, facilities, location
Wonderful Hospital to work at
SGMH Associate (Current Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 22, 2015
This lovely little hospital has come a LONG way in the 7 years that I have been here. When I started there was no money but that has all changed. I am not saying that there is money to burn as they are mindful of expenses as any good business, but the perks have really improved as well as the salary rates. The benefits are great, very reasonably priced and the current match on the 403B Retirement plan is awesome! The staff has always been very friendly and supportive and they really care about what they are doing to support the patients in this community.
Pros
Awesome Holiday Party
Have to be friends with the right people!!
Collector (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 19, 2015
Some of the people are a real joy to work while others are not so much. You definitely have to be friends with the right people or kiss the right behind to be treated fairly. Be careful what you say and how you say and who you say it to because it will be twisted and used against you. There is a great deal of favoritism that goes on in every department. The business office is one of the worst places they do anything they want. There is so much drama I'm not sure if I am at work or back in high school most days. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I get to leave.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad directors, drama, bad coworkers
great place to work. Good doctors, great nurses. rewarding at times.
Unit Secretary, LVN Medical (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 7, 2015
Great experience, enjoyed most co-workers and doctors, Very stressful at tiimes, very high demanding, but for the most part it was very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location