San Joaquin County Office of Education Employee Reviews

The hardest part of the day
Substitute Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 6, 2018
The hardest part of the day is everyday you need to move on to a class that you need to learn. Learn a kid or class, behaviors language per the class. Other than that it is really a great job to work at.
Pros
You can go somewhere new everyday if you want
Cons
Every day you need to learn a new school and classroom
I've worked here for 14 years. I like my job
Instructional assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 15, 2018
I would encourage anyone looking work to to work for the county. There is chance for advancement. I enjoy working in preschool autism. We have a lot of fun .
Pros
Holidays, benefeits
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Rewarding experience
Instructional Assistant for Special Education (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 17, 2018
Overall I love working for San Joaquin County. I feel appreciated for my work. This job is not for just anyone, you must be patient to work with students. It can be extremely stressful, but it is rewarding!
Pros
good pay
Cons
you will be stressed mentally
Sjcoe Bus Monitor
Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 27, 2018
Typical workday is very laid back. The only downsides of the job is having to deal with bad behavioral problems on the bus and the split shift. Great job otherwise.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 26, 2018
Its a good place to work, managing, phones, mail and directing, vendors, dealing with maintenance issues. Providing support to the Executive staff.
The culture is diverse. The most enjoyable was the many people you had the opportunity to meet.
Pros
good location
Cons
can be slow paced
Good place to wirk
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SticktonMarch 24, 2018
I appreciated experience and the management team. They were supportive encouraging able to give direction. They were also appreciative And supporting the entire staff
Pros
They were supporting of the entire staff
Cons
No advancement
The schedule is greaat when you have kids in school
Special Education Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 20, 2018
I love working with the kids. I have had many of them touch my heart over the years. The hours are great and you get all the holidays off. It's a perfect schedule for any mother.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
As a sub you dont get paid holidays or pto
Great staff
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linden, CAApril 21, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of group work with students during summer school. I learned about behavioral strategies. The hardest part of the job was reinforcing behavior.
Excellent County Office of Education
Human Resource Technician II (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 14, 2018
Great Staff, great benefits, and great environment to work for. If you are a good worker there is job security. It is hard for advancements since the people stay and not leave until retirement.
Productive and collaborative
Migrant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 18, 2017
Make phone calls to parents and child to schedule meeting/tutoring times.

Served as a resource for the parents; if the parents needed food, clothing, dental or medical services I would refer them to the necessary people/ places.

Made lesson plans for students.

Tutored K-12 I students in Language Arts

Corrected and recorded information.

As a speech and debate teacher I coached students with speech and debate.

Scheduled and conducted staff meetings.

Contacted parents
Pros
Fun and Enjoyable environment and great staff and supervisor
Cons
Not a full time position
Great place to work at.
Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Stockton caFebruary 28, 2018
Work for 15 years with a devirse of people awesome Departments. Managements is very supportive they support staff and provide great trainings to continue learning.
Pros
Close to freeway
Cons
Non
I like working with families and educating them about there children and the way program set up too.
Parent Educator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 17, 2017
day starts with drive over many hours every day. after checking in with my supervisor then off to go to my Home Visits. I learn that I am on my own and there is no help or assists me on my job. the Management are there not to encourage you at the time of need. In this work place there is no room to grow for other culture , and grow is for certain culture not all. hart pert of job is no one is unbiased to talk to or confined it with. So far losing so many staffs because of this conditions
Pros
work shops
Cons
compounded work schedule
Relaxed easy going environment. Great co workers and great management.
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 2, 2017
I recommend any position open for San Joaquin County Office of Education. Friendly people and everyone is so loving and easy going. Best company to work for.
Friendly Special Education Department
Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 11, 2017
Position was quite demanding and there were other departments that had incredible amounts of down-time, while others were staying late and working over time in order to meet deadlines and complete tasks. Management was not very understanding of new employees needing time to learn and improve under such grueling deadlines.
Productive and good working atmosphere.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 5, 2017
SJCOE provides a very positive work environment for their employees. The amazing personalities from the kids make work enjoyable and the talented staff has the credibility to overcome any tasks.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off
Cons
Unpaid vacations, no benefits
Never boring
Special Education Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 7, 2017
I had a great time working for SJCOE. I had the best team anybody could have asked for and the kids were a lot of fun. The only thing they need to really fix is their benefits.
Pros
Great pay, fast-paced, paid vacation
Benefits
fast pace
ERSEA Technician (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 31, 2017
daily data entry and monitoring data reports. I learn daily an effective way of presenting to managers. The most enjoyable part about my job I enjoy working with numbers and developing reports daily.
Pros
long term
Cons
a large amount out of check from county
Great job.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Redwood Special Ed Campus in Stockton, CAMarch 31, 2013
A typical day at work was very busy. I learned quite a bit of time management. The supervising staff was very supportive. I really enjoyed the team work atmosphere and cohesiveness with fellow employees. The most difficult part of the job was occassionally dealing with terminal students and their parents. Very sad to see children nearing the end of their life. The best part of my job was working with children. It was very rewarding to feel like you really help or make a difference in someones day.
Pros
working atmosphere with children.
Cons
year round school.
Productive and fun workplace.
Intern/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 22, 2015
A typical day at work with the SJCOE was in the preschool and first grade classrooms where I had the opportunity to work with children diagnosed with ASD. My learning experiences were endless. I gained knowledge about how children were effected by ASD and how to overcome the obstacles that are accompanied with this disorder. I considered this position less as a job and more as a blessed vocation because the most enjoyable part of this experience is to observe the mental growth of child with disabilities influenced by me.
Rewarding, productive and fun
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 15, 2015
I work with students who are diagnosed with autism. A typical day at work consist of a structured schedule for the students. I work with an excellent team. We all trust each other and always support each other. Keeping up the students is the most challenging part of my day. They are so active and have so much energy. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that I am making a difference in my students lives.