San Joaquin County Employee Reviews

Hsa
Eligibility Worker II (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 16, 2018
I enjoy working for HSA because I am able to make a positive difference in some many people lives. I also have enjoyed each of my manages and the people I work with are very supportive. When I became ill, everyone rallied behind me and made the stress level less. When I came back to work, management and my co-workers made my environment without the stress.
If you live to serve others this is the job for you.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 6, 2018
I have always been a very emphathetic person and have always enjoy helping others in their time of need. I love my job and my clients but I have three teenage boys and I have to work a second job just to keep up with the bills and there are a lot of county employees in the same situation that I am. I need more time for my family and my money to do things with them.
Pros
Paid time off, job security, bettering the community
Cons
Heavy workloads, expensive medical insurance, very little increase in pay
Slow progress
Highway Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 12, 2018
If you have no drive to promote and move up with in a company and are fine with waiting your turn behind people that are not qualified to do the job than this is the place for you. if you enjoy gosiping like a group of old woman, this is the spot, and if you like losing over 40% of you pay to things like union dues (for what i'm not sure cuz they always do terrible deals) and benefits which some of the most i have ever paid for, a retirement plan with no op-out option, and of course taxes than hay this is a dream job.
Pros
almost impossibly to be fired after probation period, lots of down time.
Cons
Low pay, Pay raises not enough, expensive benefits
San Joaquin County Eligibility
Eligibility Worker I (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 12, 2018
I do not agree with the county's policy on letting new employees go during training. The case loads are crazy, over 500+ cases per worker.
County requires you to be in their Union, but the union won't do anything for you if you are let go.
It is home health aid work.
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 18, 2017
I work in people homes. Doing meal prep house cleaning health care, shopping and taking to doctor visits. For my customers in there homes. the weather in CA. was great.
Poor Management. Awful Culture
Auditor-Appraiser II (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 25, 2017
As an auditor, it's difficult to see such poorly managed public resources. Innovation and technology (in my office) are non-existent. Efficiency is ignored. The head boss man himself has zero experience in running this type of operation. Higher pay still does not make it worth staying.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
micro managing
Productive and timemanagement
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 6, 2017
This job was taking care of my grandfather through a home health care program. It was very rewarding and it taught me a lot about others feelings and needs.
Employment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Child Protective Services.February 15, 2017
I received valuable training and received my Bachelor Degree while employed. I worked independently and when my work was completed, I would assist some of my coworkers. My supervisor would give me extra responsibilities.
Pros
Great co-workers, supervisors..
Cons
Not enough time or workers.
fun workplace
Information Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I interact with the public daily. I greet and direct them to various departments and training rooms in the building. That is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Rewarding, and humbling experiance
Instuctional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJanuary 16, 2017
My day was spent assisting methodically disables evidentiary of the day in a regular classroom with local students and a small part of the day in the special ed classroom. I also assisted my student with personal needs. ie, restroom cafeteria recess the hardest part of my job was when my student graduated and moved on to another campus. The best part of my job was watching my student achieve his goals and move up to another campus. I guess you could say that I was proud of every accomplishment my student achieved. I enjoyed my work and cared deeply for my student. We became very close
Pros
Watching my Student succeed
Cons
Watching my student move on in his education at another campus
Good job,. Job security. Good Benefits.
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Joaquin County, CADecember 8, 2016
I have never "hated" my job however at times it can be stressful. I do feel that employees are required to go beyond what their job requires of them. Also sometimes the job feels a little political when it comes to decisions made by certain people.
Pros
Benefits, Steady job, room to advance.
Cons
The reputation is bad as in people tend to refer to us "typical county employees" Not in a good way.
Fun way to be involved with the election
Poll Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CADecember 1, 2016
Great way to meet people in your neighborhood and a great way to be involved with the elections of your town and the states. Also there is always great food and its a all around fun day.
Pros
always food
Cons
long day
No comment
Eligibility Worker I (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 30, 2016
I do not like to review my previous employers because everyone has a different experience and I would not like to be bias.
great place to work
Inhome Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 7, 2016
Working with the elderly was very rewarding and improved so much of my related skills. company was okay to work for but benefits package wasn't good.
Productive environment and plenty of knowlege growth
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 15, 2016
I liked working for the County, able to work independently, and you have the full support of staff members. The opportunity for growth is bountiful, the medical benefits are wonderful. Always room for advancement and transfer to other departments.
Pros
Medical benefits, growth, great salary
Cons
As usual employees who do not pull their own weight, milking their positions.
Well paying work
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Enjoyed the work itself. Did not like the favoritism.
Co workers helpful, assisted when you needed help on an assignment.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
favortism
Decent
Park Maintenance Aide (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Regular full-time schedule, friendly and helpful coworkers.
The only problem was the layoffs with only a few hours notice.

If it was a permanent position it would have been great.
Pros
regular full time hours, ok pay, room to grow
Cons
layoffs
Care Giver
care giver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I took care of a patient who was total care. This Job was split shift and seven days a week. I worked approximately 52 hours a week. never received my W-2 forms. found it extremely hard to even get through to them for proper reporting forms. The process of even reporting my hours was paper and pay was always late. I did not receive over-time nor any days off. the company could not provide me any one to cover my shifts. Over all I was extremely tired all the time and very unsatisfied with the company. But the gentleman that I took care of was very appreciative of my hard work. Which made it some what easier to go back to work every day.
good
social service (Current Employee) –  stocktonAugust 11, 2015
good great company. Love working with diverse people. Great opportunities to grow within the company. People are very friendly and help each other out. They are also very kind.
easy way to make money
Poll Inspecotor (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 25, 2015
its a one day job i have done every time they ask me to. Its easy way to earn extra money. its a long day but its not really busy and you spend most of the time sitting waiting for voters