San Joaquin Valley College Employee Reviews in Fresno, CA

Really cool job
FINANCIAL AID OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 26, 2019
The job itself is very demanding, there is always something to do. You must be organized. Overal I enjoyed going to work. It is great work experience.
I liked Instructing here
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 26, 2018
Overall, the hours were great and worked for me as I had another career position during the day. I taught evening classes here. We were paid for prep time above and beyond the 5 hour evening class.
Work environment is great. Management was excellent.
poor leadership, great mission
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 27, 2018
I was fired for surfing the internet when I had nothing else to do. My ideas for generating new leads on students were poorly received. I was let go regardless of the fact that I was one of the highest producing recruiters and got along well with the rest of the team.
Sjvc
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 11, 2015
Employees are great to work with. However the work load is extremely demanding for the pay rate. I would not recommend this Location unless you are ready to work more than what you are expecting.
Making a difference
Lead Medical Assisting & Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fresno, californiaJune 10, 2015
I love the students here. I truly make a difference and the students appreciate it. Small school big impact in the community.
Great place, good structure
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fresno caMay 28, 2015
The students are wonderful. The program is very up to date.
the students get a realistic overview or training for their future
High stress and low pay. Was not happy working there let alone helping students finance going there
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 24, 2015
Very low job satisfaction. Poor management and training. Organization and student account management is far outdated and causes delinquent data reporting
Pros
loved working with students
Simple Truth
Instructor (Former Employee) –  FresnoMarch 13, 2015
The truth about working at SJVC is simple enough to determine. Look at the want ads, they are always hiring for the same jobs over and over again. You will be hard pressed to fin a teacher or a program director that has more than 2-3 years. If it is such a great and wonderful place to work, then the question would be, why are they losing so many employees? Do not let them tell you its because they are expanding the school, the attendance at this school is in a free fall, the family has exploited the workers, fired them with little cause, made outrageous demands of them for Walmart like pay. Teachers with master degrees command about 22.00 dollars an hour. If you are lucky enough to get full time (which is actually worst) they make you sign a paper that in the event you discover or invent something while working for them (they own it) so make sure you don't do any side work to better yourself. I worked for them in hopes of adding to my resume, but it was a mistake, after a year and half, I realized it hurt my resume, and i have spent the last year cleaning it up. If your hope is to work at a good honest community college someday, be warned (WORKING HERE WILL HURT NOT HELP YOUR CHANCES) they fired about one employee a month (or more) while a I worked at Fresno, Ca. So stay clear, get a good job like shelf stacking at Walmart, a good work history is better than having this monkey on your back. They are concerned about the Kids (biggest lie at the campus) they are concerned about the kids money (period). If the kid missis a payment (out) if not enough students for the class (self  more... study). Money is first all else is unimportant. The Fresno campus last Program Director for CJ, was fired from his previous two jobs, harassed the female students, didn't even have an AA degree (oh he was working on an SJVC AA degree online) he had taught there years before with a paper only fake degree. So be warned, do not work for this college, stay away, do something else!  less
Pros
Good people work there
Cons
Pay, Loyalty, Turnover, and Lies
Life experiences everyday when a new student enrolls to continue their education
Receptionist/Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 27, 2013
Preparing students financial aid
The greatest pleasure is seeing an individual changes their lives right in front of me by taking that next step in continuing their education.
Pros
changing a life everyday
Cons
possible lay offs
Tutoring
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 9, 2012
I would tutor people with their Math and English. I would just walk around and help one to one with students. I would also help decorate the office.