San Joaquin Valley College Employee Review

View all San Joaquin Valley College reviews

Respiratory Care Faculty and Students treated like Children
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rancho CordovaMarch 12, 2015
As an instructor, core management treated faculty like children, even yelling at instructors. Concern was not for improving the quality of teaching skills. Core management team backed each other up instead of hearing the complaints of students. A few of the instructors actually had excellent respiratory care experience; however, most are recently out of school or have little to no clinical (hospital experience) yet they are teaching advanced mechanical ventilation and other basic respiratory therapy concepts.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of support by the management team. The most enjoyable part was inspiring adult learners to excel.
Pros
Interaction with the students
Cons
Lack of true management support

Other San Joaquin Valley College Employee Reviews

great place to work at
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Salida, CASeptember 5, 2019
As a tutor I enjoy working here. I graduate October 18 and I will be certified as billing coder, front medical office. I am on a Federal Work Study Program here as a tutor due to my teaching experience. I was working on my credential, now I changed careers and want to do admin work or work in the front office. This job has given me this opportunity.
Pros
discounts in lunches
Cons
I wish I had more hours to work. Work study is only part time
Students made it worth it.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 5, 2019
Started off on a good note, they made me feel like on of the team then it was down hill after management changed. I was so excited to get out of there, the stress and harassment I had to go through on a daily basis was ridiculous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Joaquin Valley College. Our community is ready to answer.