San Joaquin Valley College Employee Review

View all San Joaquin Valley College reviews

A bit of bad with the good
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousSeptember 17, 2018
SJVC is a great place to be when things are going well. But if there aren't enough students coming through the door the tension can be cut with a knife. The wholesome family-owned private JC that cares branding is at odds with the "butts in the seat" meet your budget or else culture. SJVC may be a big fish in Visalia but not in SoCal. Definitely not when competing with multi-million dollar marketing budget heavy hitters. That said the school has a unique market positioning and a lot to offer its students. The programs are outstanding in quality and most importantly, regionally accredited.
Pros
accreditation, staff, programs, students
Cons
stress culture

Other San Joaquin Valley College Employee Reviews

Great work environment!
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atascadero, CAJuly 21, 2019
I love my coworkers and students! Everyone is very helpful, supportive and encouraging! Our fully stocked lab with everything we could ever use, need or want is absolutely amazing!
The name is deceptive
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 17, 2019
Anyone applying for this job needs to know this is the failed Carrington College. It was sold last year at a huge loss but all the same problems exist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Joaquin Valley College. Our community is ready to answer.