San Joaquin Valley College Employee Review

View all San Joaquin Valley College reviews

Loved My Students
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 18, 2016
SJVC provided me with an excellent experience of professional development, awesome dedicated coworkers, and an awesome group of diverse students who wanted to learn!
Management was a little to conservative and didn't take the real time to learn what "We" as instructors really did in the classroom! Credit was never given when should of. Fortunately, my students learning and advancements acknowledged that I taught them well!
Hardest part of the job: having to work with a young manager with no people skills.
Most enjoyable part of the job: my students faces when they had that "aha" moment! Best thing ever!

Other San Joaquin Valley College Employee Reviews

great place to work at
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Salida, CASeptember 5, 2019
As a tutor I enjoy working here. I graduate October 18 and I will be certified as billing coder, front medical office. I am on a Federal Work Study Program here as a tutor due to my teaching experience. I was working on my credential, now I changed careers and want to do admin work or work in the front office. This job has given me this opportunity.
Pros
discounts in lunches
Cons
I wish I had more hours to work. Work study is only part time
Students made it worth it.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 5, 2019
Started off on a good note, they made me feel like on of the team then it was down hill after management changed. I was so excited to get out of there, the stress and harassment I had to go through on a daily basis was ridiculous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Joaquin Valley College. Our community is ready to answer.