San Joaquin Valley College Employee Review

View all San Joaquin Valley College reviews

39% employee turnover and lack of management leadership
Admissions (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 18, 2015
Lack of leadership has led the organization to experience major lay offs of teachers, staff and admissions team. The management does not provide teachers, staff and admissions team with the proper tools to ensure student success. The hardest part of the work is to follow antiquated business strategies and the clear lack of innovation. The marketing department does a poor job at advertising and promoting the school including social media. Overall is a good this is a good work environment only if the managers are your friends, as nepotism is highly implemented. Students are considered "butts in seats" and meeting budget is the most important thing and not the quality of the curriculum. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students and some staff.

Other San Joaquin Valley College Employee Reviews

great place to work at
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Salida, CASeptember 5, 2019
As a tutor I enjoy working here. I graduate October 18 and I will be certified as billing coder, front medical office. I am on a Federal Work Study Program here as a tutor due to my teaching experience. I was working on my credential, now I changed careers and want to do admin work or work in the front office. This job has given me this opportunity.
Pros
discounts in lunches
Cons
I wish I had more hours to work. Work study is only part time
Students made it worth it.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 5, 2019
Started off on a good note, they made me feel like on of the team then it was down hill after management changed. I was so excited to get out of there, the stress and harassment I had to go through on a daily basis was ridiculous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Joaquin Valley College. Our community is ready to answer.