San Joaquin Valley College Employee Reviews

Honest and conservatively run company with the students interest always first!
Director of eLearning Operations (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 9, 2017
The Senior leadership team understands the current education environment and makes the best decisions possible to continue running a sound post-secondary school.
not very good
Assistant RN Program Director (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 8, 2017
A very oppressive work experience; I felt very micromanaged and very constrictive environment. I felt that there is no reward for good work, but hypercritical of all the accomplishments.
Online Instructor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  USAMay 28, 2017
Lots of changing every few months. Not able to truly get help from leadership when problems occur. Low salary and long hours. A successful student exists more on paper than in reality (give them them an A for their effort not for their actual work submitted). School is currently on the Federal report showing how the students are not getting jobs due to them not being employable. They want a degree but DO NOT want to work for it.
Pros
Able to gain experience
Cons
Long hours, low pay, inability to ask from help from management
A school enviornment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAMay 7, 2017
Very numbers based in admissions. Had 4 manager in 2 years . Two were awesom, the ither two weren't so great. Staff and faculty were great. Great school.
Pros
People
Cons
Corporate
Horrible
Medical Office Administration Instructor (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAApril 24, 2017
The environment is horrible to work in. There is no one you can go to when there is a problem at work. The management takes everything very personal and is a horrible at management
Fun and productive environment
Student Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAApril 3, 2017
Working at SJVC was a fun and challenging task. Because I was a student working as a Student Services Assistant I found it fun because I was providing support for my peers. Working with adults who have been out of school for a while can be challenging at times but also quite rewarding.
Pros
work with peers, accomplishing goals, teamwork
Cons
too much company gossip
Job placement for students
Career Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAMarch 7, 2017
Worked with students and assisting them finding employment in their field of study. Rewarding position!! It was hard to place the number of students that the company required.
Online SJVC
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 6, 2017
If you are not looking to grow anywhere then this is the company to work for, they do not pay or offer any type of advancement in careers. The management here has a lot of favorites and are very numbers oriented. It is very stressful here and there are no types of compensations, no team building, nothing to make you feel as if you are coming to work for a purpose.
eventful and great educational experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAFebruary 2, 2017
the marketing department plans a lot of events throughout the year that the teens are allowed to attend or work which makes it fun and exciting. As far as the educational experience, the program provides CPR classes, meetings to talk among the teens about the pros and cons. Always working as a team and building as one.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Utilizes a lot of free time.
Sjvc
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Working at SJVC has taught me a lot about the admission field. THe go through management very quickly and dont care about their employees. If you say something they don't like or speak up be prepared to have a target on your back and they will get you out of there.
Good luck
Pros
You end up being a family with the team
Cons
They dont value or care about the employees/DRAMA
Summary
General Education and Business Instructor (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 4, 2017
My typical work day begins with prepping the classroom, lecture, activities, and facilitating with students. I have day to day interaction with students as well as one on one when needed. There is quite a bit of prep work before and after each course taught.
Pros
Enjoy my relationship with students
Cons
Difficult schedules at times
Love this place!
Medical Office Administrator Instructor (Current Employee) –  Delano, CANovember 29, 2016
Prepare graduates to work in an office for a healthcare practice, healthcare facility, or insurance company. Instructing students on how assign correct ICD-10 and CPT coding, processing insurance claims, general booking, scheduling patient appointments, managing medical records. Provide students with the responsible skills needed to manage a medical office. Present well prepared, organized, and clear lectures as well as classroom activities that tie into the course syllabus. Promote students development and enforce school policies.
Love my hours and the people I work with
Pharmacy Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CANovember 21, 2016
As a mom, having a schedule that you can come home at noon is the greatest thing ever. Also the management is VERY supportive! I love the people I work with. It makes each day fly bye :)
Excellent position for a college student
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 20, 2016
Great atmosphere and good people but only part-time with low pay and no benefits. Would be an excellent position for a college student
Pros
Great people and staff
Cons
The low pay and part-time status
Diverse group of professionals
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 1, 2016
Diverse group of professionals to work with but not a lot of communication and collaboration across departments. All positions are heavily micromanaged by corporate and there is little opportunity for advancement unless you have been with the company for a long time.
Awesome Place To work
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 26, 2016
I have been with the Online Campus since January of 2016 and I have enjoyed the whole process, staff, and students. They remember you on special occasions by sending you video messages and little gifts in the mail. They are consistent and reliable.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
None at this time
Good people, not management
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 24, 2016
The people I worked with were great. Aside from that, the school is a typical for-profit college. Nothing More. Please be aware of this if going into Admissions.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Management, pay, work life balance.
I enjoy teaching students, and am only leaving to further my RRT career
Medical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Delano, CASeptember 8, 2016
I enjoy this company. I am a two time graduate and although this job is constant, many unpaid hours as an instructor prepping, it is so rewarding being able to mentor a person in my same situation many years ago.
Excellent place to work. Flexible schedules, great teamwork
Executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 21, 2016
Zero micro managing. Love the autonomy. It's a very family oriented place to work and pays well. Perks include free ballgames, concerts and other sporting events.
Pros
Perks (ballgames/concerts) and schedule flexibility
Cons
Upper management communication could be better
Love the Environment
First Contact (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 3, 2016
i truly enjoy working for this company. It is such a small campus and we are like family. I want to grown and move up from where i am as a receptionist. I have been in the front office since December of 2014. I have a degree in Business Administration and plan on furthering my education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Joaquin Valley College. Our community is ready to answer.