San Jose Police Department

San Jose Police Department Employee Reviews

United States13 reviews
When I turned eighteen I used to be a spoiled military brat • The Past EIGHTEEN YEARS WAS NOTHING BUT DRILLS DRILLS DRILLS • Making me into a RealMAN!
San Jose was a great place for me to work. I had many different opportunities to expand my interests and desires. There is something for everybody once you finish with your probation period. The sky is the limit with a large department.
Pros
A great place to make a difference in some ones life.
Cons
Public service is a difficult job now these day.
I receive training and supply by the school safety program from the SJPD.I been working for 16 years. I work different school and I love my job.you. don't get pay for holidays or summer vacation.
Hardest part of the job is making sure the information you give to police officers over the phone is 100% accurate because one wrong piece of information could cost them their life. (Records Department)
Cons
stressful
The training staff there will help you pass the course, its up to you to do the rest. The experience I had while working there will be something I will keep with me as I move on, I learned a lot about myself, the community and law enforcement family.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I received a good hourly pay rate and I had an excellent supervisor. Job was only ten hours a week though. Job could be stressful due to having to control traffic and pedestrian flow. Parents were appreciative and children were enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Not enough hours
There really isn't much that can be said for working for them. It pretty much is what the title says, it's a police department and nothing more.
There are several units that are available to officers. From flying a helicopter to investigating homicides. There is also room for promotions as the department expands.
Great place to work and make a difference in peoples lives. Interpret and enforce laws. Protect the innocent and save lives. Great coworkers likeminded.
Pros
Rewarding.
Cons
Stressfull
Productive and fun workplace, nice co workers, great experience. My supervisor is very nice and supportive, I had the opportunity to learn from different departments.
Learned how to quickly react under stress while making informed decisions with proper education about my environment.
The department was once the best in the nation. It needs to get back to that status.
Pros
Working with good people.
Cons
New benefits and retirement system
I enjoyed working for this company, the only reason I chose to leave this company was I had my second child, my daughter and I ended up moving with my immediate family (husband, son daugthter) to Michigan from California to pursue a career advancement for my husband's job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Jose Police Department. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4