San Jose Police Department

Working at San Jose Police Department: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Sjpd

When I turned eighteen I used to be a spoiled military brat • The Past EIGHTEEN YEARS WAS NOTHING BUT DRILLS DRILLS DRILLS • Making me into a RealMAN!

Get out

If you really must take a job here, just do what everyone does and put in your two years or however long a legitimate agency requires and get out. The entire city is understaffed, overworked, and underpaid.

Pros

Days off

San Jose Police Department insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

good place to work

Good place and excellent benefits. crazy amount of overtime to your hearts desire, can make good money with pay jobs. supervisors and senior officers sometimes get into your business. overall good place to work for.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

A great place to work with many options.

San Jose was a great place for me to work. I had many different opportunities to expand my interests and desires. There is something for everybody once you finish with your probation period. The sky is the limit with a large department.

Pros

A great place to make a difference in some ones life.

Cons

Public service is a difficult job now these day.

Training

I receive training and supply by the school safety program from the SJPD.I been working for 16 years. I work different school and I love my job.you. don't get pay for holidays or summer vacation.

Great place but stressful

Hardest part of the job is making sure the information you give to police officers over the phone is 100% accurate because one wrong piece of information could cost them their life. (Records Department)

Cons

stressful

They only take the best

The training staff there will help you pass the course, its up to you to do the rest. The experience I had while working there will be something I will keep with me as I move on, I learned a lot about myself, the community and law enforcement family.

Good hourly rate and supervisor

I received a good hourly pay rate and I had an excellent supervisor. Job was only ten hours a week though. Job could be stressful due to having to control traffic and pedestrian flow. Parents were appreciative and children were enjoyable to work with.

Pros

Lots of time off

Cons

Not enough hours

Personal and Private

There really isn't much that can be said for working for them. It pretty much is what the title says, it's a police department and nothing more. Thank you,

Rarely gets boring and plenty of assignments to work.

There are several units that are available to officers. From flying a helicopter to investigating homicides. There is also room for promotions as the department expands.

Productive and exciting place to work.

Great place to work and make a difference in peoples lives. Interpret and enforce laws. Protect the innocent and save lives. Great coworkers likeminded.

Pros

Rewarding.

Cons

Stressfull

Supportive management

Productive and fun workplace, nice co workers, great experience. My supervisor is very nice and supportive, I had the opportunity to learn from different departments.

Productive and challenging work place

Learned how to quickly react under stress while making informed decisions with proper education about my environment.

Struggling department due to pay and benefit structure

The department was once the best in the nation. It needs to get back to that status.

Pros

Working with good people.

Cons

New benefits and retirement system

above average place to work

I enjoyed working for this company, the only reason I chose to leave this company was I had my second child, my daughter and I ended up moving with my immediate family (husband, son daugthter) to Michigan from California to pursue a career advancement for my husband's job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Jose Police Department. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits