SAN JUAN CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Slave Labor
Crane Operator/Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  KwajaleinJuly 19, 2018
Over worked and under paid, no time and a half for overtime-even though a US Army Base you're outside the US, labor rules don't apply. HR is not upfront about conditions, pay or even food. No real worker wrote these high reviews. High turnover, lack of management, constant safety issues-shutdowns by the Corps= no pay.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Everything else
Excellent management and the comaraderie with fellow employees are a bonus!
Concrete Finisher/Laborer (Former Employee) –  KwajJuly 4, 2018
I enjoyed the challenges of working overseas and San Juan was a great company to work for! We gained lifelong friends from the project and became family. The management, was great at helping us resolve any problem we had on the atoll. I will/would definitely contract with San Juan again!
Pros
I had a great experience
Cons
Time away from home.
Good job
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COMarch 1, 2018
Good job, love to go back to work again. Had a great expenience. ,Met new people that was helpful and made the my experience a wonderful one. I would love the opporunity to return
able to handle every power hand tool..
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Marshall island,Maj..March 1, 2018
Well,this job kinda construction job which working with power tool.heavy equipment machine and etc...Talking bout working typical day in my life is everyday cause you use your body mind physically,mentally,and emotionally....
Pros
free drinking after work evryday..
Cons
short break and no free food
Working Conditions
Site Safety Health Officer (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAFebruary 19, 2018
Working for the company was a great experience. All personnel were very helpful and made you feel like I was part of the team. I had lost a family member during my time there and the team let me deal with all family problems with understanding.
Great Employee Centered Company
Estimator and Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Montrose, CONovember 5, 2017
Company is 100% ESOP owned. Bosses treat employees fair and with respect. Great place to work. the Average employee has been with the company for 8 years.
Interesting projects.
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Montrose, CO 81401August 19, 2017
Has been a great company to work for. Day begins at 5:45am and includes many meetings throughout the day, direction of crews, and day ends around 5:45pm
Pros
Constant 80-90 degrees, ocean recreation.
Cons
Humidity. Lack of shopping and access to food.
Foreman
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 10, 2017
Army Base construction , a lot of the work out of the country, I did not want to travel like that. Built buildings from the ground up, on military bases. long hours.
Pros
work was always a challenge
Cons
out of state and country work
rate of pay
Pile Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshall IslandsJanuary 14, 2017
Not paid enough for specialized skill. I took the job to travel and did not realize the rate of pay would be so low after all the overtime put in. 20$ an hour, really? If there are better government contractors out there to work for and travel, choose someone else.
Pros
travel
Cons
benefits, rate of pay
No complaints here
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall IslandsJanuary 9, 2017
Its a construction company if you dont go to the island to get the job done, it probably wont work out. But is you go to work hard and do your job this is a great company to work for on Kwajalein. The island itself is small but nice. I have not complaints they payed me what was promised all bones we paid in a timely manor. Not sure why everyone is hating everything I was told before heading out was as expected. I am hoping to go back in the future if projects allow.
Pros
3 meals per day, housing provided, benefits, pay
Cons
short time off but I was their to make money
overseas assignment
SSHO (Former Employee) –  NSF DIEGO GARCIA, BIOTMarch 5, 2015
If you like to work overseas this is the company that makes that possible. They have extensive background in overseas contracts.
Pros
Travel
Cons
not enough time off
Good Company to work for as a professional
Site Safety and Health Officer (Former Employee) –  Kitsap Bangor Naval BaseSeptember 3, 2014
Good company to work for--
Positive Management Team Work
Fair Salary
Good Benefits
Average work load for a Site Safety And Health Officer
Pros
good management
Cons
distance to drive too work
Very attentive Upper Management
Projecxt Controls - Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COJuly 15, 2014
While the money's not the best, the company is growing in the field of Government Contracting, knows how to 'bid to get' and manage to profitability. Excellent 'feel' for knowing when to pursue opportunities. Work/Life balance is exceptional! Quality Quality, Quality. Best part is you actually get out the door somewhere near quitting time unless you've dug yourself into a deep hole.
Pros
PTO policy superior, matching 401(k), & typical fringe benefits
Cons
middle management is improving, but still has some ground to cover.
Company has very poor values and horible managment
Assistant Superintendent / job Forman (Current Employee) –  Marshall IslandsJune 18, 2013
If looking to get a job with this company look the other way they have the worst managment I have ever delt with They have never heard of the word communitation and they work on military bases but they do not pay for military holidays
Pros
check is always there
Cons
to many to list