San Luis Coastal Unified School District Employee Reviews

Nice workplace
Special Education Para-Educator (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo County, CAMarch 6, 2018
My job had a lot of pros and cons. I loved my job and working with the students was wonderful and rewarding, but very draining and stressful. Working with special needs children was great experience and gave me a lot of insight of being a special education teacher.
Great Work Moral
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Morro Bay, CASeptember 8, 2017
I loved working for San Luis Coastal Unified School District. I learned a lot while helping students with special needs and while I worked as a substitute teacher. I left because I had to relocate.
Pros
Weekends Off
Cons
Summer with no work meant no money.
Enjoyed working there.
Intervention Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAApril 12, 2017
Enjoyed working there. No chance to get a full time position because of budget cuts. Many long time teachers in this district. Good principal at my school. I only worked part time.
Great district
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMarch 15, 2017
Fun place to work at; many different schools and helpful admin and staff. HR is very fluid and school site Principals were all very welcoming and helpful.
Dedicated people
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAFebruary 28, 2017
School bus driving is a unique position. You must enjoy being with children, and be able to balance friendliness with authority. It's very important to be a good role model. You also need to have good time management and organizational skills to drive school bus. It is also important to follow all safety and traffic laws while driving children. It is a big responsibility and there is no room for error.
Great employer
Preschool Instructional Aid (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMarch 17, 2013
I've really enjoyed working for SLCUSD. The personnel is helpful and interested in your work experiences and provided me with an equally as rewarding job placement in a great local school.
Pros
wonderful support system
Cons
not very many local opportunities for me to advance my career