San Manuel Casino Employee Reviews

I didnt like working there
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 16, 2018
Alot of customers are rude managment doesn't care about there workers the slightest thing you do wrong and they treat you bad to the begging just do as much as you can to provide good customer service no matter how difficult it is
Pros
Just do your beat
Cons
It sucks there
No room for advancement. FAVORITISM....
Senior Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 10, 2018
No room for advancement, they choose and pick who they like regardless, they won't even give you an opportunity for an interview because they already have someone on their mind. Favoritism....
Pros
Benefits for full time employees

Comment – July 11, 2018

Some management team are incompetent, sometimes team members have better judgement and yet you don't get the respect and support you expect from them. Too much politicking and kissing up.

Good Place to Work
Data Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 5, 2018
San Manuel overall is a great place to work. It has many benefits and drawback just like any employer, but overall I have been very satisfied with my level of pay, advancement opportunities, and benefits while working at San Manuel. I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Appreciation, Pay, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Work Life Balance, Management, Internal Structure, Development
It was a great environment to work in
Housekeeping Housekeeping team member (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 25, 2018
A typical day at work would be the busy ones, such as Thursday through Sunday. I was always on my feet and constantly moving in that workplace. I learned to move fast with diligence. Management was okay could of been better with the way they handle their disciplinary actions. The hardest part had to have been the weekends, events and holidays. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and working with such a great staff!
Pros
discounts for family events, company picnics and events for employees
Cons
management skill and the rude customers I had to deal with
Fast Paced World
Lead Surveillance Technician (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 24, 2018
Very fast paced environment.
Meet new people on the daily basis.
Can be challenging at times.
Very good benefits.
Must be 21 to work here.
Always growing and fast
Fast paced competitive workplace
Cocktail Waitress / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 14, 2018
This place is ok as long as you don’t work in food and beverage. Management really sucks and there is no real room for growth or opportunity. They somewhat hold you back from leaving the department.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks stressful environment poor management
competitive but fun work environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 12, 2018
definitely a fun place to work, never a dull moment with so many people having fun on the job and in your surrounding areas. I would love it if they were to give more comfortable uniforms for the staff.
Cons
cant play at any machine or table if you work there
Fun working enviornment
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 10, 2018
Great place to work at, enjoyed the workers and supervisors. Enjoyed what i did and had fun with it, sometimes was able to take my time when the place was very slow.
Enjoyed the casino
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 7, 2018
had to clean bathrooms, mop, sweep. empty ashtrays, hold seats for customers, clean machines. over all it was a fast paste my favorite part of the day was break time. they ALWAYS have great food for lunch for a little amount of money.
fast pace exciting work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 3, 2018
i enjoy my job as a cashier
r, it’s nice meeting all types of people. co workers are at the most friendly and team players. management is good. it’s super easy to move up if your willing to work hard and grab it.
Pros
employee appreciation lunch
Cons
low pay
Fast paced and busy workplace
Facilities Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 3, 2018
job is ok wish it paid more but good benefits. management was ok , co workers are friendly. had to arrive early to park to get on shuttle bus, but good experience for entry level to gain knowledge and experience in a casino.
Pros
team dining room
Cons
shuttle bus, no parking near employee entrance
Great managers and great (night shift) co-workers
HOUSE KEEPER (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 30, 2018
Although the smoke and some guests were unbearable, the co-workers and managers made it worth while. They take care of their own and try to make your working experience as comfortable as possible. The work is hard and you may be stuck with a overload of work at times, but it's satisfying and you see the craziest things working there.
Pros
Tips and 30 minute breaks
Cons
Smoke everywhere/unpleasant patrons
there is money to be made if you can handle the abuse
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAMay 27, 2018
I worked for this company for almost 16 years. It was a family, caring company before. The company offered Christmas parties, picnics, concerts, and bonuses. The company was a great place to work before they changed to Vegas style institution. Many changes happened in the last 15 years, I needed to make a lifestyle change.
Great company but pay needs to increase.
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAMay 17, 2018
Great company to work for but you really are not appreciated at this company. They look at you like a regular employee that can be easily replaced by someone else. Pay needs improvement. They pay you min wage on the entry jobs which in California is not up to par with the living expenses. Some employees are working here full time and still pick up 2 more jobs just to support their families. They need to pay their employees more considering the amount of money they are bringing in. As far as I'm concerned, I am happy with my position since i do make tips. Most of my income comes from tips. Without the tips this job would be too stressful and demanding to keep up with.
Pros
health care benefits.
Cons
management can use some classes on how to speak to their employees.
it was a very busy shift hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAMay 16, 2018
cleaned up bathrooms in between machines mopped up bath room floors and human bodily fluids at some points had to pick up peoples trash and gum that was stuck to the carpet of the casino.. customers wouldnt use the ash trays provided for them
Pros
Cons
unorganized managers were never on the same page
do not work in housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAMay 8, 2018
I am not sure how the other departments are but the housekeeping department is horrible. There is a lot of favoritism, the pay is horrible, and the management rarely cares about what is going on in your personal life.
fast paced envirnment
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  californiaMay 7, 2018
If you are looking to work at a Casino you should already know that it is fast paced. It can also be stressful as you are facing some very unhappy patrons. But in all reality for me at least managers for the most part will stick up for you and do not mind helping you when you are in need.
Pros
good benefits if you are willing to pay for them
Cons
smoky envirnment, not long enough breaks
stable benefits and paychecks
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAApril 25, 2018
San Manuel offers a stable paycheck with great insurance and retirement. As far as working there goes its terrible and the customers are animals. The management is mostly unqualified. The pay is not great but the hours are consistent. This place does not care about you as an employee and should only be used to survive while looking for better employment. Most of the front line employees are easy to get along with, but there is drama comparable to high school.
Productive and fun workplace
Food and Beverage Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAApril 12, 2018
I've enjoyed my timework here, team work is great, supervisor very respectful, work schedule is good, work environments I great, employees are nice and helpful.
Pros
Discounted meal
Cons
Free 15 minutes break
Fun work place / meet new people every day
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 26, 2018
Its an up beat place to work for. the environment there is easy going they place music all thought out the casino so your shift goes by fast . if you work night shift you wont feel it because you lose track of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Manuel Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight