San Manuel Casino Employee Reviews

Not a place for true professionals
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 3, 2019
I needed a job so desperately I accepted the low level position I was baited with. The management told me I would never actually be in that position but they needed to process me immediately to retain me then I would meet with the director to discuss a more suitable position. I was basically scammed by every manager I worked with made to do a manager's job every single day consistently dealing with things that were above my pay level and never receiving any sort of recognition or advancement as a result I finally left when I was told that our department would be working every station within a restaurant during the holiday but nobody would be included in tips we're Union and its very clear what our job responsibilities included and by having us work in tipped positions we were entitled to tips when I spoke up about it I was told if I said anything else or spoke to any other staff members I would be fired and walked off of the property when as a union worker we have the right to assemble it was dirty politics and when I finally left I asked them to use my vacation and sick pay so I didn't have to come in the final few days they did not use it they never paid me for the days that I called off and when I did finally come in I was treated very disrespectfully I would never suggest a true professional waste their time with this organization. They are truly disorganized with no idea what they're doing and it seems as though because of their financial backing they continue to get away with whatever bad business they conduct. Lastly they don't abide by the health department laws they  more... hire internal Consultants and I would never suggest eating there if you value your health.  less
Benefits
Cons
unethical
February 11, 2019

Hello! We apologize that your experience at San Manuel has not been a pleasant one. We have elevated these concerns to the appropriate leadership team member to ensure they are aware. We wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors.

Fun
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Fun atmosphere, but health issues are always a concern due to smoke inhalation. The management team is awesome as to only a few acceptations. They offer great benefits and truly care for their staff.
The culture at SMC (Mafia Style Hiring)
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAFebruary 11, 2019
I WOULD NOT recommend San Manuel to anybody, the entire staff has a "put their knee in your back to climb over you to advance type mentality"! I was hired into management from outside SMC, and the frontline staff and other managers absolutely hated me for that. Another person in my department made a complaint the first week claiming I was intimidating and I didn't even know her name at that point (meaning I'd never met her) There's a lot of immature that goes on there, The pay and the benefits are the only good thing about the job! From day 1 the term "TEAM" is used constantly but Upper level management and commissions take the attitude that you should be happy to have a job. If you're hired, just go to work, make no friends until you find something else.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
the entire place stinks
Good Place to Work
Data Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 5, 2018
San Manuel overall is a great place to work. It has many benefits and drawback just like any employer, but overall I have been very satisfied with my level of pay, advancement opportunities, and benefits while working at San Manuel. I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Appreciation, Pay, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Work Life Balance, Management, Internal Structure, Development
Ok place benefits are great
Busser / lead steward / Steward Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Highland caOctober 5, 2018
Great benefits some management are rude don't know how to be management they have a point system for your attandence if you have a family.say goodbye to spending time with them
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Point system managment needs improving
Poor management
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 17, 2018
I worked in the f&b department and what a joke. Favoritism at its finest. Unless you want to work yourself to death with little to no reward then San Manuel Casino is for you. Managers could care less about you or your issues, all they care about is treating the ghetto and disrespectful customers right. Unless your sleeping with or kissing a managers butt you won’t get far. Tip factor is a joke, you basically get taxed waaaay more than you’ll ever make and there is no “solution” to fixing it without bringing in the irs...joke. Personal hygiene only apply’s to certain employees so becareful who you take drinks from.
Benefits
Cons
Management, customers
September 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We will be sharing this feedback with our Food & Beverage leadership team. This concern will be taken seriously as we do not tolerate favoritism or sexual harassment.

Thank you and good luck on your future endeavors!

Guest Services
Guest Service Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 6, 2018
Great company overall. However, I highly dislike the guest services department. It is filled with drama, gossip, managers who can careless about their employees, especially graveyard shift managers. The supervisors and managers play SUPER favoritism, the supervisors do less work than the managers and the admired half of the employees are sitting in the office most of the time making derogatory comments and remarks about the guest and other employees. Pay is really low, less than fast food and warehouse. It is highly suggested to get friendly and close to managers in each department if you want to transfer. I find that unethical. As it should be based on performance, attendance, customer service, professionalism and not personal engagement.
Pros
Free Lunch, Benefits, Overtime
Cons
Pay, Management, Organization, fairness, employee equality
September 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns. While we don't condone that type of behavior among team members, we have forwarded your review to the appropriate department leader. Improving our work environment and culture is our top priority and your review helps us become a better workplace.

Incompetent Leadership
Crowd Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJanuary 1, 2019
Supervisors, Managers, and Directors all claim to have knowledge of "gaming violations" and use the term readily, but never offered any text or other factual documents to prove their statements. Front-line staff are all disgruntled and bring their personal problems to work, creating a very hostile and unhealthy working atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Incompetence, hostile work environment, smoke
horrible company
Senior Guest Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland, CANovember 28, 2018
Don't work there. It 's a bad company to for. They don't offer any advancement. The supervisors play favor to their employees and treat everyone like dumb children.
December 3, 2018

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. We have forwarded your review to the appropriate team leaders. At San Manuel, it is a priority to develop our team members and give them opportunities to learn and grow in their roles. We apologize you did not feel there were any growth opportunities and wish you luck on your future endeavors!

Fun & learning workplace
LINE CASHIER - CAGE OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 23, 2018
If I didn't have a struggle with balancing school with this job, I probably would have stayed, but because I would rather focus on school and stay on top of it I resigned. This job is a really fun place to work at; everyone is friendly and they will help you whenever you have any questions to ask to make sure you are doing your job right. The benefits and compensation is great! I worked in Cage Operations and it was a fast-paced working environment, but having great customer service and knowing how to talk to someone can make your work fun and go by fast. Although working/training were long hours and what you wouldn't expect, I believe it is worth it, the problem is just re-adjusting your sleep schedule to your work schedule. If anyone would want or questions about working in any casino, I would recommend San Manuel being it is the #1 casino to be at with the great benefits and friendly people you meet!
Pros
Paid meal break, great benefits, special events, compensation
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your awesome feedback! We are so glad you love to work at San Manuel. Keep up the amazing work!

Ok
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Had to leave for health reason / smoking environment . Good company . Company helps you if you want to advance your career with College programs and in house training .
No room for advancement. FAVORITISM....
Senior Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 10, 2018
No room for advancement, they choose and pick who they like regardless, they won't even give you an opportunity for an interview because they already have someone on their mind. Favoritism....
Pros
Benefits for full time employees

Comment – July 11, 2018

Some management team are incompetent, sometimes team members have better judgement and yet you don't get the respect and support you expect from them. Too much politicking and kissing up.

Good palce to work.
DIRECTOR OF RESTAURANTS AND CULINARY OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 17, 2018
Good, growing company... lots of room for growth. Flexibility in schedules and work-life balance. Very focused on training and customer service. Good company to work for.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Very busy
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad you enjoy working in the Food & Beverage department. It is definitely fast-paced and your hard work does not go unappreciated.

Thank you!

managemnet poor in buffet
BUFFET SERVER (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 11, 2019
managers do not seem to know how to relieve workers timely for breaks and lunches
workers feel free to override each others breaks and lunches
some staff in buffet are very immature and insecure

other workers are helpful and tend to help each other
overall this is a great company
Upper management needs to pay attention to supervision skills of buffet managers

breaks and lunches are skipped often
days without breaks and lunch

have gone to supervisors regarding others behavior and staff were not addressed
seems to be a bit of favoritism
Pros
great tips
Cons
breaks and lunches were not taken due other workers taking theirs late
glad Im. gone
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJanuary 6, 2019
I will never work here again , management is horrible and they don't care about their employees at all . they could be sick and throwing up and wed still have to work like that
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
January 14, 2019

Hello! Thank you for your review. We have robust benefits plans in place for our team members to ensure they have sick time and personal days. However, a team member must give a sufficient amount of time to let their management know they are sick, which is why open communication is vital to managing a successful team. We truly care about the health of our team members and do not recommend sick team members come into work as they could get the rest of the workforce and guests sick too.

fast pace work environment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 15, 2018
San Manuel is a fast paced work environment that offers an exciting busy work environment that offers new challenges daily. I have been able to improve my management and problem solving skills. Management needs improvement, some managers lack education and/or experience. The hardest part of my duties is addressing intoxicated guest. Working with the employees that I oversee is my favorite part of my job.
Pros
Lots of different job opportunities.
Cons
intoxicated guest
Dont work for this company
Lead Baker (Current Employee) –  Highland, CADecember 4, 2018
They only care for themselves (management) . you are treated like the help. If you call in sick, go to the hospital or a family emergency you'll receive a point. Even if you have a doctor's note it doesn't matter. They pay you minimum wage then hire new people 1 and $2 more than the old employees. You work 6,7,8,9,10 days at a time. With 2 or 3 or 4 hours over time. You get sick every time you eat in TDR. Staff dining room. They don't do nothing about it. They waste so much food it's sad.
Pros
Cons
They dont care
December 5, 2018

Thank you for your review and time at San Manuel. All team members are responsible for managing their paid sick time throughout the year. Team members must communicate with their manager to ensure their is sufficient coverage when other team members are sick. Additionally, the TDR staff works hard to ensure it is a clean and healthy environment. As always, we encourage current team members like yourself to share feedback with their managers to help us make San Manuel a great place to work!

Better Than Other Local Casinos (for now)
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAOctober 30, 2018
Salary and benefits are great for supervisor and above. Min wage tipping positions can be lucrative. Non-tipping hourly positions aren't worth it (sadly, Wal-Mart pays more). If you can obtain a supervisor or above position with a decent salary, the company has a lot to offer. Currently undergoing massive changes and it is not clear if current benefits and bonus options will remain over the coming years.
Pros
Annual bonus, Mgmt benefits.
Cons
Smoke, low pay for entry level hourly positions relative to other local businesses.
November 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are working hard to ensure we stay the best casino especially for our team members.

Love my Coworkers, Management sucks
BUSSER (Current Employee) –  Highland, CANovember 12, 2018
I didn't even apply for the venue I am currently working at. I was basically intercepted by the hiring manager because they needed bussers. My coworkers are the one good thing about this job. They keep me sane. The casino and management in the buffet do not treat us well or pay us nearly enough for all the bs we have to deal with. All they care about is the numbers. There is little to no communication between the managers and workers. I'm not sure how anything gets done most of the time.

Another department or venue may be better to work in, but save yourself the trouble and don't work for the buffet.
Pros
Coworkers, cheap lunch
Cons
lack of strong management, miserable working environment, points system, smoke
November 21, 2018

We appreciate your honest feedback and apologize that the position you applied for is not the position you are in now. We have forwarded your review to appropriate team members to ensure this concern is looked into further.

Thank you!

Fast paced competitive workplace
Cocktail Waitress / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 14, 2018
This place is ok as long as you don’t work in food and beverage. Management really sucks and there is no real room for growth or opportunity. They somewhat hold you back from leaving the department.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks stressful environment poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Manuel Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight