San Manuel Casino Employee Reviews

Love my Coworkers, Management sucks
BUSSER (Current Employee) –  Highland, CANovember 12, 2018
I didn't even apply for the venue I am currently working at. I was basically intercepted by the hiring manager because they needed bussers. My coworkers are the one good thing about this job. They keep me sane. The casino and management in the buffet do not treat us well or pay us nearly enough for all the bs we have to deal with. All they care about is the numbers. There is little to no communication between the managers and workers. I'm not sure how anything gets done most of the time.

Another department or venue may be better to work in, but save yourself the trouble and don't work for the buffet.
Pros
Coworkers, cheap lunch
Cons
lack of strong management, miserable working environment, points system, smoke
Better Than Other Local Casinos (for now)
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAOctober 30, 2018
Salary and benefits are great for supervisor and above. Min wage tipping positions can be lucrative. Non-tipping hourly positions aren't worth it (sadly, Wal-Mart pays more). If you can obtain a supervisor or above position with a decent salary, the company has a lot to offer. Currently undergoing massive changes and it is not clear if current benefits and bonus options will remain over the coming years.
Pros
Annual bonus, Mgmt benefits.
Cons
Smoke, low pay for entry level hourly positions relative to other local businesses.
November 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are working hard to ensure we stay the best casino especially for our team members.

Cook 1= Line Cook / Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAOctober 24, 2018
Chef are eager to teach if needed, a lot of the workers apply a lot of team work. We have all the equipment and food needed to do the job well. I love working there.
Ok place benefits are great
Busser / lead steward / Steward Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Highland caOctober 5, 2018
Great benefits some management are rude don't know how to be management they have a point system for your attandence if you have a family.say goodbye to spending time with them
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Point system managment needs improving
Good palce to work.
DIRECTOR OF RESTAURANTS AND CULINARY OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 17, 2018
Good, growing company... lots of room for growth. Flexibility in schedules and work-life balance. Very focused on training and customer service. Good company to work for.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Very busy
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad you enjoy working in the Food & Beverage department. It is definitely fast-paced and your hard work does not go unappreciated.

Thank you!

Poor management
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 17, 2018
I worked in the f&b department and what a joke. Favoritism at its finest. Unless you want to work yourself to death with little to no reward then San Manuel Casino is for you. Managers could care less about you or your issues, all they care about is treating the ghetto and disrespectful customers right. Unless your sleeping with or kissing a managers butt you won’t get far. Tip factor is a joke, you basically get taxed waaaay more than you’ll ever make and there is no “solution” to fixing it without bringing in the irs...joke. Personal hygiene only apply’s to certain employees so becareful who you take drinks from.
Benefits
Cons
Management, customers
September 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We will be sharing this feedback with our Food & Beverage leadership team. This concern will be taken seriously as we do not tolerate favoritism or sexual harassment.

Thank you and good luck on your future endeavors!

It is a cool place to work if you don’t mind drunk people
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 7, 2018
Very interesting place to work. A lot of different cars a lot of people. Never really a slow day. They have a lot of people who like to run and tell about every little mistake you make.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
A lot of snitching
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience in working with patrons under the influence of alcohol. We do appreciate your kindness and patience in working with guests at the casino.

Guest Services
Guest Service Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 6, 2018
Great company overall. However, I highly dislike the guest services department. It is filled with drama, gossip, managers who can careless about their employees, especially graveyard shift managers. The supervisors and managers play SUPER favoritism, the supervisors do less work than the managers and the admired half of the employees are sitting in the office most of the time making derogatory comments and remarks about the guest and other employees. Pay is really low, less than fast food and warehouse. It is highly suggested to get friendly and close to managers in each department if you want to transfer. I find that unethical. As it should be based on performance, attendance, customer service, professionalism and not personal engagement.
Pros
Free Lunch, Benefits, Overtime
Cons
Pay, Management, Organization, fairness, employee equality
September 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns. While we don't condone that type of behavior among team members, we have forwarded your review to the appropriate department leader. Improving our work environment and culture is our top priority and your review helps us become a better workplace.

great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 3, 2018
this place is very fast pace gotta be on your feet all day its very time demanding if working full time you gotta work all holidays and mostly every weekend
September 4, 2018

Thank you for your awesome review! We appreciate our hardworking employees for often having to sacrifice their holidays and weekends.

Your hard work does not go unnoticed!

Very stressful environment
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAAugust 25, 2018
Good place to work, however is was quick paced and stressful. Typical day of work was fast moving from the time I stepped in the door til the time I left except for break.
Pros
Hour long break, benefits
Cons
over stressful

Want to know more about San Manuel Casino?

Ask a question
Terrible place to work, unfair managers. Rude coworker's that have senority.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  CaAugust 19, 2018
Horrible place to work, rude customers, uppity manager. Graveyard shift employees sleep in team dining for hrs at a time. Employees sick from old food.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate team and will look into these concerns.

Your honest feedback helps us make San Manuel a better place to work.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

Horrible communication
Buffet server (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAAugust 18, 2018
Communcation and teamwork is horrible. The supervisors have favorites and don’t acknowledge the rest of their team members. My employees are rude and push you around. My paychecks are cut in half because of “tip factor” which no one will ever understand. Do we even get that back during tax season? What if we don’t even make that much tips a day? It’s totally unfair. For the work that the servers do especially on lobster nights.. it’s not worth it. The supervisors aren’t very good at communicating with their employees unless they really like them. They don’t say hi to you, they don’t help you set up the tables sometimes, they just stand there. I was never trained correctly when I first started. They just expected me to know what to do like my side jobs or closing side jobs. Honestly communcation and teamwork kind of suck here and something needs to be changed.
Benefits
Cons
Supervisors, communcation, teamwork
August 20, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate that you took the time to thoughtfully share how you feel.

We will be sure to share this feedback with department leadership. This is how we can move forward to ensuring San Manuel is a great place to work.

Thank you!

VIP Representative (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAAugust 13, 2018
Love working for San Manuel, but because it is a casino and they run 24/7 working a normal m-f 8-5 is not something that is really given. It does make having a family going to school and working a tad bit hard
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 9, 2018
I loved working at san manuel... Got to meet alot of diffrent people and everyday was something diffrent.. every hour we rotated locations from diffrent areas of the property
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
kinda strict
Honestly
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAAugust 6, 2018
I hate the food and beverage department because they seemed so unprofessional for a multimillion dollar company, and the culture here is terrible because it's based of seniority if that sometimes favoritism. They garnish your checks by taking tip averages and deducting them from your actual checks! It was like being in high school because all they do is hire young people due to their employing high turn over rate.
August 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At San Manuel, we are committed to creating a professional and collaborative work environment. We apologize for the experience you had during your time at San Manuel.

The Food & Beverage team has many job opportunities that attract young talent, especially with part time jobs being available in the department. The goal is to grow these team members, so they can build a career here at San Manuel.

Again, thank you for your feedback, it helps us make San Manuel a better place to work and best of luck in your future endeavors!

Many changes , up beat place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAAugust 3, 2018
very exciting at first after a month or two work kicks in a lot of changes made constantly. Dealing with customers. enjoyable and stressful all at once.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
management, miscommunication
Great experience
Utility worker (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 29, 2018
You have a huge opportunity for growth! Management does their best to help accommodate for anything needed. Many great people to meet. Company picnics each year to take your family too.
Fun & learning workplace
LINE CASHIER - CAGE OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 23, 2018
If I didn't have a struggle with balancing school with this job, I probably would have stayed, but because I would rather focus on school and stay on top of it I resigned. This job is a really fun place to work at; everyone is friendly and they will help you whenever you have any questions to ask to make sure you are doing your job right. The benefits and compensation is great! I worked in Cage Operations and it was a fast-paced working environment, but having great customer service and knowing how to talk to someone can make your work fun and go by fast. Although working/training were long hours and what you wouldn't expect, I believe it is worth it, the problem is just re-adjusting your sleep schedule to your work schedule. If anyone would want or questions about working in any casino, I would recommend San Manuel being it is the #1 casino to be at with the great benefits and friendly people you meet!
Pros
Paid meal break, great benefits, special events, compensation
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your awesome feedback! We are so glad you love to work at San Manuel. Keep up the amazing work!

I didnt like working there
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 16, 2018
Alot of customers are rude managment doesn't care about there workers the slightest thing you do wrong and they treat you bad to the begging just do as much as you can to provide good customer service no matter how difficult it is
Pros
Just do your beat
Cons
It sucks there
August 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Being in the customer service industry can be tough, but we thank you for your time working at San Manuel and we hope you find another great opportunity.

Best of luck in your future endeavors!

No room for advancement. FAVORITISM....
Senior Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 10, 2018
No room for advancement, they choose and pick who they like regardless, they won't even give you an opportunity for an interview because they already have someone on their mind. Favoritism....
Pros
Benefits for full time employees

Comment – July 11, 2018

Some management team are incompetent, sometimes team members have better judgement and yet you don't get the respect and support you expect from them. Too much politicking and kissing up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Manuel Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight