San Mateo Union High School District Employee Reviews

Good team work
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Working together for a common goal. Excellent drop training for personnel. Good safety training. Good employee support in all areas. Improving education for the next generation.
Excellent
Associate Supt. and Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 12, 2017
San Mateo Union High School District was a support learning and positive learning environment for Staff and Students, consistently scoring in the top 5% of Public High Schools Nationwide.
Pros
Great Administration and Staff
Cons
Great Place to Work
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 11, 2017
SMUHSD is a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and they offer great heath benefits and pay. I highly recommend working for this school district.
Interactive and motivative environments
(AVID) Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 31, 2016
On a typical day, first, the tutor logs in to prove her attendance. Then go around asking questions and coaxing students to start their work instead of heated social discussions on high school drama. Quite a challenging task actually! Distribute snacks to students who are part of the program while simultaneously checking what subjects they need require help on. Usually students come on their own to ask questions, but on days when they feel shy, a tutor chooses a table and sits with a small group. If the tutor recognizes that a student is having difficulty with his/her assignment, they slowly open a conversation with said students and encourage then to talk about the problem. At the end of the day, the tutor clean up the area, ushers students out during closing time and leaves the building feeling helpful and satisfied!
Pros
Free snacks
Interesting and dynamic place to work.
Instructional Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 22, 2013
No two days are the same. My work ebbs and flows with the school year. I interact a lot with my teammates in Instructional Services, as well as parents and teachers, and sometimes the students. I have enjoyed learning about schools, and specifically curriculum and assessment as part of the high schools.
Pros
Lots of experienced people who live on the peninsula who are committed to our students, Free parking!, Working next to a high school we can walk around the track
Cons
Older building; not much room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Mateo Union High School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5