San Ramon Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lack of qualified well rounded managers , poor pay.
RN (Current Employee) –  TELEAugust 3, 2018
Old equipment , leaking roofs , dirty carpet , poor pay , at best average benefits. A once great place ( 20 years ago) is slowly dying, falling behind. Constant cancellation due to low census. A drama filled hospital with more problems than much larger facilities. Management tries to scam employees of call time , cuts to bare minimum , and does not follow CNA regarding breaks , missed meal pay. Old school draconian style management that would never be able to work any where else - meaning their behavior as a manager would not be tolerated at any other facility.
Please stay away -
Pros
Cons
See report
A wonderful place to work
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 4, 2018
Nice working environment.. A great place to begin a career and learn great techniques for your future job. The staffs are great and very helpful too. They go above and beyond, to put a smile on their patients face.
Fast pace with lots of help
RN Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 3, 2018
It was a very nice experience to practice there as a student nurse. While staying at that hospital I learned a lot that I couldn't learn from my work place.
Productive fun place to work
Courier (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work, staff is very professional. Doctors are incredibly hands on with patients, Management is one of the best parts of working for the hospital.
workplace
Respiratory Therapist Supervisor, RRT (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 27, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at San Ramon. It's not a perfect place to work, there are issues as with any place. My manager, is supportive of me and my co-workers.
A typical day at work can be a mixed bag. We are a small hospital, about 132. Staffing in our dept. is based on the census and how many Ventilators, and treatments there are for the shift. If we are staffed for the minimum and extra things come up like new intubations, bronchoscopies, etc, it really throws staffing off. Because we are a small dept., our therapists are highly trained and independent.
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with patients, and staff. I love to provide education for my patients and their families.
Cons
Often I don't get a lunch break or a break
Outstanding facility
PACU RN (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 6, 2018
No better place to work in the Bay Area. However, you better have a positive attitude, smile a lot, be friendly toward everyone or you will find yourself on the unemployment line.
Wonderful employees, management heavy
Sr. Ultrasonographer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Employees at SRRMC are a great group of very caring people. I would love to see the facility make improvements that draw Dr. and Pt back to the center.
Pros
Clients, flexibility, non-chaotic working environment.
Cons
Irregular hours, job security.
Low risk FBC
Staff Nurse - LDRP (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 21, 2017
This is a low risk, usually relaxed place to work. Labor patients are usually 1:1, postpartum mom/baby couplets usually 2-3:1. Like any FBC, there are busy days and slow days. Management would help with patient care on busy days when needed.
terrible place to work
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 16, 2017
My Sister got seriously ill, and I needed time off and the boss was angry about it, then when I got hurt later on, she quit calling me for any per-diem work
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else
Its a good place to work
Phlebotomist Obtained (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 25, 2017
I enjoy working within San Ramon's
environment . I enjoy the daily challenges that sometimes unexpectedly come up in working in a acute care facility.
Pros
co workers
Cons
I have been waiting for a full time position for Seven Years

Want to know more about San Ramon Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Great place to work. Supportive management team.
supervisor, Patient Access, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CA 94583May 12, 2017
Close team environment. Goal driven. Management takes time to train and encourage the team's success. Great benefits and pay. Only criticism is the facility needs to invest more in updated office equipment.
Training available in all stations
Nutrition aide and cook (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 5, 2017
Able to work all stations at any time of the day. Little supervision needed. Trained to be a diet clerk but no advancement. Lots of staff meet great people and patients
Pros
free meals
Cons
productive and great teaching hospital
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 23, 2016
I learned what it took to be a great ICU nurse.. a typical day at work was multi-tasking, makiing the nursing assignments, working the floors with the nurses, problem solving, getting to know and developing rapports with the doctors and being involved with different organaziotins and commities. the hardest part of the job was being young and proving myself as a knowlegable nurse who could be there for staff and be a team player. that all fell into place soon enough and that was the best part of the job.
Pros
I was happy with my career choice
Cons
commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Ramon Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

San Ramon Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location