San Ramon Valley Unified School District Employee Reviews

Basic office layout with varying work loads
Computer Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 20, 2019
SRVUSD is a fun place to work. If you enjoy working in the educational field then you will love working at SRVUSD! If you are able to demonstrate your skills there is always room for growth.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Heavy work load, Small staff versus large clientele
A great position for a transitional phase
Resident Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Being a substitute teacher for the San Ramon Valley School District was a fantastic experience and a wonderful position, particularly if you are in a transitional phase in your life. The local community is fantastic and the teachers really care. More often than not, they would leave detailed lesson plans, even if it was play a movie for the day. Administration staff was always helpful in providing the resources one needed to perform their duties accordingly.
Counselor Tech/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Danville, CADecember 8, 2018
Great district to work for and love the community. They offer great benefits but hard for advancing if you are a classified employee. Would work there in the future.
I love working as a Special Physical Health Care Assistant. The workplace culture is exceptionally good, management is supportive. There are no hard
Special Physical Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 8, 2018
I love working as a Special Physical Health Care Assistant.
The workplace culture is exceptionally good, management is supportive. There are no hard parts of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the child I am taking care of.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No cons
nice place to work
Classroom Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAMay 20, 2018
Good work culture with support from teachers and other staff. Could use more hours to help teachers and students better, Students are generally well-behaved and polite
Worst environment
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 15, 2018
The teacher was very old fashion and did not like having a young mind in the classroom and my union rep didnt help me when I needed it. I would not work here again unless I had to.
Great environment
Science Teacher - Forensics & Life Science) (Former Employee) –  Alamo, CAMay 4, 2018
Staff and administrators work collaboratively to maintain high standards.

Professional development is provided regularly.

The work culture is positive and engaging.

Many fun days and fun moments.
Relaxed and repetitive work, that allowed for routines.
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAMay 3, 2018
Working at the San Ramon Valley Unified School District allowed me as a Substitute Custodian to meet and work with a large cast of people. The work is relatively easy once you understand the routine.
No new hired orientation
Health Care Specialist assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAApril 29, 2018
No former orientation for new employee, you have to figured things out on your own. Have no clue if they are paying you accurately because no one to orient you to anything. I had to learn things for myself and they owed me back pay because my hours worked did not add up with the hours I actually was hired to worked. Pay close attention to your hours hired and the actual hours worked.
Pros
Holidays off, summer off.
Cons
6 hr work days, not a lot of support or extra training, supervisor are generally none nurses etc; principles.
Great School district
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAApril 29, 2018
SRVUSD is a great place to work and learn. I grew up in the district and got an excellent education. Furthermore, I now work in the district The teachers and staff are very well educated and care about students.
Collaborative, supportive and rigorous
Resource Specialist and Curricular Leader (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAMarch 22, 2018
Collaborative, supportive and rigorous is how would rank SRVHS

Students at SRVHS are why I have been teaching for so many years.

Our principal and leadership team is extremely supportive and motivating

My co-workers are exceptional
Loved the teachers and facility
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 19, 2018
The students are why teachers do what they do and they are the most important priority in the district. Communication can sometimes be lacking but ultimately good schools to substitute in.
opportunities, recognition, growth potential, mentorship is all here...
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAJanuary 3, 2018
My experience with SRVUSD have been positive. I have had many opportunities working with individuals who've offered encouragement, respect, patience, and guidance in many different areas of not only my immediate job duties, but encouragement to grow, learn, and seek the many opportunities the district has to offer. I feel they truly invest in their employees who choose to take the initiative. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that my work makes it easier for students to do theirs. The most challenging part was the fast pace of the physical work, and without the cooperation of my team would have felt insurmountable to complete.
Pros
mentorship, recognition, growth, teamwork.
Cons
fast pace, physically challenging
Wonderful place to work
Special Education Para-Professional (Current Employee) –  Danville, CADecember 27, 2017
I love working at Montair Elementary as a Paraprofessional. I enjoy working with the students and assisting them in class. I also enjoy working with the teachers and other paraprofessionals. Montair is a lovely school and has a warm, friendly atmosphere. The administration is extremely supportive and kind.
productive work environment
Behavioral Therapist-Special Ed (Former Employee) –  Danville, CADecember 6, 2017
professionals, good co workers, and overall a pretty healthy environment to work in. Good communication between professionals within the classroom and outside of the classroom
Pros
co workers
Cons
not paid enough
healthy work enviornment
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Danville, CANovember 17, 2017
great place to work and very professional. Work environment very clean and well kept. Principle at my school was very easy to work with and so were the other administration.
Pros
professional
Cons
need to pay employee's more
Student focused
School Tech Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 3, 2017
SRVUSD is focused on student achievement. Administrators, faculty and staff work well together. As with any job there are some politics, but overall there seemed to be few tensions between coworkers. Working with students could be stressful at times, but that's to be expected working in the education industry. My chief complaint, if I had any, would be that as a non-credentialed educator, I spent as much time (if not more) in the classroom and on prep for only a fraction of the salary. Dedication alone was not enough to pay my rent and when the opportunity came to relocate I jumped at the chance.
Pros
Great support from the principal and vice principal, chance to work with children
Cons
Low pay, lack of benefits
I like cooking and prep work. 3.5 hours works well for me and there is many days of vacation and days off
Child Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 8, 2017
A very enjoyable work place. Staff and management are great. My job is not stressful and very rewarding. I like my co workers and the school where I cook
Pros
Weekends and several school breaks
Cons
Non that I can think of
SRVUSD is too large and out of touch
Autism Specialist Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAJuly 14, 2017
The school district has become very bureaucratic so if you're good at "playing the game," or making sure you meet the right people to have your needs met, then you might do well. But if you are in the classroom to help the kids and you have no interest in the political stuff, this is a miserable place to be.

And I feel that way as a parent with students in this district AND an employee.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
not having a voice; the pay is lower than every district in the area
Excellent district with upstanding schools, staff, and administration.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 13, 2017
I've guest taught all around the district from elementary through high school and have never had a bad experience on the admin side of things. Teachers typically leave solid lesson plans with clear direction. The only downside I've found is the challenge to establish work relationships with other teachers since guest teachers are always bouncing around from school to school, however it is a two-way street. Overall, SRVUSD is a great district to work in.