San Ramon Valley Unified School District

San Ramon Valley Unified School District Employee Reviews

United States57 reviews
Good work environment.
Strong Special Ed. Team. Enjoy working in a flow through SDC program. Manage caseload of students with various needs in an elementary school setup. I am also currently supervising an SLPA.
Fulfilling and challenging
Throughout the day there was always plenty to do, and it felt good to be helping and guiding students through their days. My advice: expect the unexpected and be patient and kind. There will be days when its just pure chaos, but then there are days that are manageable and growth is tangible. I laughed a lot and struggled with them. I felt invested in these kids and I'm grateful I had the opportunity to learn from them and my helpful colleagues.
Demanding District Filled With The BEST and MOST TALENTED teachers
It is a difficult job and the stress is high but the community I work in is filled with teachers, parents and students that are very lovely and supportive so it makes everything worth it.
Pros
Awesome colleagues, supportive parent community, darling students
Cons
Demanding district
Producitve, ,fun and rewarding
such a wonderful experience working with young teens in the athletic department. After school activity that taught them discipline, time management, build skills and building friendships.
Great district to work for
Working for SRVUSD has been an overall wonderful experience. Families value education and the educators. Mhy children attend the district as well, and it is a great place to be.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
n/a
I just went to school here. I lived in Danville from birth to the age of 18. I went to San Ramon Valley High School. I did choir and had the opportunity to be an officer in choir.
Lots of turn around
This district is not very stable for the new hires, lots of turn arounds after the 6month probation. It doesn't matter how excellent of a job is being done. At the end of the day, it's about how much the district can save.
Excellent
It was great to work with different students each day . It was great learning different concepts and techniques used by all teachers . Good opportunity to teach .
Terrible compensation for the necessary hours put in
The Job itself was great but only paying coaches a $500 stipend at the end of 6 months of work is a terrible way to keep good people coaching the youth.
ok
Yes this place was ok but i don't redeemed satying unless you have a degree. The position is limited to only 20-25 hrs a week. Can't live on those wages.
Teacher collaboration was outstanding
SRVUSD is the wealthiest school district in the Bay Area, but they do not treat its teachers that way. They wanted my experience, but they paid me like a rookie. We had contentious contract negotiations throughout the school year, before setting in the spring.

Overall, I liked working with the other teachers in my department, and I received regular support from a mentor and my grade collab leader, both of whom readily shared suggestions on how to handle certain situations. They were always helpful. And the teachers around me were always friendly and ready to help.

The biggest problem was dealing with students who wanted grades they didn't earn and their "snowplow" parents who believed their children should always get A's. I can't tell you how many times I heard "My child has always been an A student. Your directions are confusing." When they didn't like my answer to come to me for help outside of class and to work harder and smarter, they would bully me by going to the administrator that oversaw my department. Most of the problem students/parents wouldn't even meet with me to try and find solutions.

The classroom problem was the same thing that most teachers say these days: students don't pay attention to oral directions, and they don't read written assignment instructions. I let students rewrite papers and retake quizzes until they pass, but only about 25 % took the opportunity to improve their scores.

Those students who came to me for help were able to build a healthy classroom relationship with me, and we had mutual respect. That's the goal. I really enjoyed
 - more...
Pros
Collaboration with other teachers
Cons
Dealing with students and their parents.
Very professional staff and teachers
Very professional teachers and staff at all the 35+ schools at which I worked. I substituted from grades K-12th grade. Always had a lesson plan left by the teacher or provided by administration or I taught as I went along through the day. Asked students what they were studying and went to next topic. Asked students who knew how to do the math problems to come up and put them on the board.
Archaic management style
The HR and management style of SRVUSD is archaic and antiquated. They use a pre 1950 management style that promotes abuse from the management to the employees. The HR department is does not have the skills to support the employees and they maintain the stance that management is always right because they hired them. Even though this is a school district it is not a learning management style. The only saving grace to the school district is that the pay and benefits are superb. That is the only reason that people want to work there. It is not a family environment.
Child Nutrition at Monta Vista High School
The supervisor does not spent time to train new employee and blamed mistakes in an unfair way. Supervisor is not organized and works are done in emergency ways. Some employees are busy all the times and some employees gets sneak rests for 30 minutes more everyday. Workplace employees are not nice to each other, ending up holding hostilities to each other.
Pros
Free lunches, Summer off
Cons
Senior employees are not nice to each other
Excellent
Good experience team work management wonderful! Very happy lot of over time good comunicación,lead custodian very good with every one.good .overall district is great.
Great People
Great place to work, a lot of great people make sure the kiddos get the best of everything - Not a lot of advancement opportunities, and the info loop is always sketchy or not shared.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No communication, or clear Dept heading
Basic office layout with varying work loads
SRVUSD is a fun place to work. If you enjoy working in the educational field then you will love working at SRVUSD! If you are able to demonstrate your skills there is always room for growth.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Heavy work load, Small staff versus large clientele
A great position for a transitional phase
Being a substitute teacher for the San Ramon Valley School District was a fantastic experience and a wonderful position, particularly if you are in a transitional phase in your life. The local community is fantastic and the teachers really care. More often than not, they would leave detailed lesson plans, even if it was play a movie for the day. Administration staff was always helpful in providing the resources one needed to perform their duties accordingly.
Great district to work for and love the community. They offer great benefits but hard for advancing if you are a classified employee. Would work there in the future.
I love working as a Special Physical Health Care Assistant. The workplace culture is exceptionally good, management is supportive. There are no hard
I love working as a Special Physical Health Care Assistant.
The workplace culture is exceptionally good, management is supportive. There are no hard parts of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the child I am taking care of.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No cons
nice place to work
Good work culture with support from teachers and other staff. Could use more hours to help teachers and students better, Students are generally well-behaved and polite
Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Ramon Valley Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.
San Ramon Valley Unified School District Reviews by Location