San Ysidro Health Employee Reviews

Hectic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San YsidroFebruary 11, 2018
Busy , unorganized. Favoritism is very evident. If you are liked its probably a great place to work if not it is not. Poor management and organization
February 19, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is unfortunate that your experience was not optimal. The organization has not hired Administrative Assistants in quite some time, so you may have been employed with us during the period where we doubled in size in just a few years. Times like those are certainly challenging and we rely on those who can be flexible and wear a lot of hats. Thank you again for your feedback and for your commitment to San Ysidro Health.

the most enjoyable part of the job
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Going home with the satisfaction that you have help so many people that come to the clinic when they feel sick. Knowing that you help put a smile on a patients face even though they feel sick or they received bad news.
Fast Paced
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92154January 11, 2018
Typical Day at San Ysidro Health would be set up vaccines needed for the day at the site i would be located, make sure to have all documents needed for the day.
Pros
great hours
Cons
poor staff communicaion
Mission Oriented
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2017
No organization is perfect. That said, this organization is wonderful. Staying true to a mission for 50 years is impressive. Building from one tiny clinic to 14 clinics and dozens of program sites is very impressive. Like most organizations, San Ysidro Health has had its ups and downs over the years, but has never experienced one major layoff. Not even during the severe down economic times.

Current leadership is focused on expanding our reach, expanding our services, and making work life great for all employees. There are dozens of personal training classes I can take (paid) for free each year to improve my work skills and my life skills.
Pros
Medical Benefit Plan better than anything I've ever seen.
Cons
Slow to make changes in a rapidly changing field
Need to improve asap
Pace CNA (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAOctober 24, 2017
I work at the san ysidro adult day care center and it needs improvement. Manager needs to do some micromanagement on employees & some employees need to communicate & work as a team. Manager also needs to get assignments & cna schedules organized & in order. Too much work & stressful & not enough staffing to cover all the work. Manager expects a person to be in 3 places at the same time when completing assignments & cnas are not able to concentrate on whats more important...the participants & thier care.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough staff or too much work on one person. Not enough time to take care of patients
November 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. Our PACE center is an exciting and relatively new concept that is revolutionizing care to our elderly population. It is certainly a challenge at times to coordinate complex care for over 200 participants. We’ve recently developed a staffing plan that allows for earlier recruitment and hiring for PACE. Please know that your time and work is valued, and we’re taking steps to ensure quality employees to assist with the workload.

Very Stressfull Place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 17, 2017
Never going Back. it was a really bad place to work everyone always making fun of you and no training. I will not return and if any one wants to apply think it over before you do.
Pros
Very stressfull and alot of Bulling and management did nothing
Cons
Medical Insurance
November 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We’re sorry that you experienced this. HR takes all bullying charges very seriously and we encourage our employees to report any uncomfortable situation to our department directly. We do not tolerate this behavior. We actively promote our Core Values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity, and Empowerment. We provide Diversity & Inclusion training to all employees and an advanced Diversity & Inclusion training to all Managers and Supervisors. We recently promoted several PARs to PAR Leads and promoted several PAR Leads to PAR Supervisors. Our Medical Insurance provides a $20/month plan for our employees where no copay or costs for any prescriptions are necessary.

Needs improvement
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAAugust 24, 2017
Could be an exciting place to work at if you were able to move up. Company had potential but does not train or take care of of its employees the way they should be taken care of. Need to show more appreciation
August 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns in this review. Please also respond to our quarterly Employee Engagement surveys. We listen!

We have an upcoming Employee Appreciation Bowling Night scheduled in a couple of weeks. I hope you attend so that you can network with other employees in our large organization. San Ysidro Health Center has been promoting many employees including four Newly Created PAR Supervisor positions just last month. We’ve also just promoted two internal employees to Clinic Site Management positions.

not a work appropriate environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 21, 2017
Hardest part of working for San Ysidro Health Center is not feeling in a relaxed working environment. I believe that the key for a great work to be take place is to have great communication between your coworkers and to keep the work as professional as possible. I have been working her for now 1 year a half & feel that there is still a long way to go for this organization to have the best costumer service needed and for supervisors and managers to put into work of having employees be as professional & dedicated to there duties the best possible.
Pros
Monday to Friday Schedule
Cons
Short Staff all the time.
August 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you’re still a current employee, we encourage you to respond to our quarterly Employee Engagement surveys. We listen!

If I understand your concern correctly, you want managers and supervisors trained how to effectively lead. We want that as well and are working hard to empower our leaders with several mandatory trainings and dozens of suggested optional training sessions. These trainings are in-house and are offered free to our employees. All of our managers are required to attend two Manager Seminar Series trainings which are full-days of hands on training that include, leadership, customer service, promoting cultural diversity, and much more. San Ysidro Health Center has doubled in size over the past 6 years, it’s understandable that we are experiencing some growing pains, but we’re dedicated to living our Core Values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity, and Empowerment for our patients, employees, and the community we serve.

Poor management
Medical Assistant/ QA autoclave specialist (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAAugust 3, 2017
I was lucky enough to work with a group of people that made me comfortable and enjoy my work. However, I heard in many cases that this does not always happen in this company. Many issues with back office staff and the management is terrible for anybody that is in the nursing staff. Terrible decisions are made when it comes to coverage when needed. Pay is good and overall not too busy, but the work culture is not that great.
August 28, 2017

We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review with both your positive and less than positive experiences with SYHC. Our organization’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of our community’s traditionally under-served and culturally diverse people. We have doubled in size over the past 6 years. Last year, we serviced over 92,000 people, and unfortunately, that growth sometimes means that coverage can be a little challenging. We are working hard to ensure that every employee has a pleasant experience working in a group where they can enjoy their contributions to the mission. As an organization we will continue to strive to serve not only our patients but our employees with our four core values; respect, excellence, integrity and empowerment.

fun place to work
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJuly 16, 2017
The only opportunity to grow and advance is the high turn over in the career. I worked for one practice for seven years and I loved it. very nice co- workers and supervisors
Pros
shared with diferent cultures
Cons
short lunch
I wished it would had worked out
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2017
I liked this position. It was a bad area of my life and I left on a family emergency to Seattle. They held my job for a while and compensated me as a perk they offer. When I was offered the job I had qualified for 3 positions and they gave me a choice on where to go. I was sad to leave. I would apply here again.
Productive work place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2017
Productive work place, management can do better ( have a better attitude) , it needs to have more lunch time and 15 min breaks. That way we can go back to work without stressing out that much.
Cons
Short lunch
San Ysidro Health Center
Medical Assistant/Case Manager (Pediatrics) (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJune 8, 2017
San Ysidro Health Center is an improving company it has been focusing and stressing the importance of quality with its Power of Health Care. Management and Team Leads have been really engaged in making a better Health Care place.
Pros
I worked with nice people who seemed motivated to do a good job
Cons
Somewhat stressful when short on staff
Good to get experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 13, 2017
SYHC is a good place to start your career as a Medical Assistant.
They give you the opportunity to learn in a fast pace and fun environment.
Benefits are good.
Yearly they evaluate your work and give you a raise.
So far, I like working with SYHC.
Management is ok, they can make better decisions but overall SYHC is agood place to start but not to stay in the long term.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Can't take your break, raise is only 3% of your salary.
April 18, 2017

Thanks for starting your career with us and for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. First, all employees of SYHC are entitled to their breaks. If you are not being allowed a break, please contact SYHC HR Manager. In terms of raises, 3.5 is the baseline merit increase this year for work that meets expectations. SYHC is placing some initiatives in place this year that will reward high-performing MA’s and positioned them on career tracks that will escalate their pay to keep up with market levels.

Great Benefits
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2017
I received wonderful health and dental benefits. Each day there are always opportunities to learn something new. There is not much diversity throughout the company, however it seems that efforts will be made more intentionally to do so in the future.
Mission driven people and purpose!
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2017
This mission-driven organization provides many opportunities for their employees to learn and grow personally and professionally. Very smart and talented people, who will make you feel like a part of the family.
Productive and potential for career advancements
Eligibility Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Work environment is pleasant, tasks are always changing-which helps keep the work challenging. There is always new things to learn and do.
Pros
Short commute, flexible schedule
Friendly work place, welcomes all cultures.
Credential Clerk/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2016
Its a nice place to work, friendly and clean. The management listens to your needs and concern's. They have fun employee events for you and your family.
Passionate people with a Mission to Serve the Commuinty
SYHC employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 19, 2016
SYHC, Inc. provides many important services tot he community. The people in the organization at all levels are passionate and committed about the work they do. Working at this organization is like being a part of a family, and the employees truly support one another fully.
Productive,diversity great place for life experiences
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  chc ocean viewSeptember 28, 2016
very busy on daily basis, fast pace at all times with very minimal or no supervision. friendly environment overall a great place to work.
Pros
always work friendly environment
Cons
under payed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Ysidro Health. Our community is ready to answer.