San Ysidro Health Employee Reviews

Good place to learn
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
You learn alot to become a better person ypu get aot of help fromt the RN’s and doctors to be able to get the correct answers in which your having issues with
Good
Cons
Short breaks
Environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2018
Hardest part of the job when patient sometime are not notify appointment has been cancelled. Try to reschedule an appointment there so far out. (enjoyable part of the job meeting coworker)
Cons
Lunch Hours, Breaks
Good company
Referral Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAAugust 9, 2018
Very busy a lot of patients
learned a lot from the company
management was great
multicultural
it was easy job
was working with very great people that had a lot of patience in teaching the new hires
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
na
Advancement through sitting around.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAAugust 3, 2018
This could be a great health center because of the mission, location and challenging patient population. Most of the staff however do not hold a bachelors, masters or doctorate degrees. There is a lot of disdain for people with advanced degrees and vast healthcare experience. Most people advance by sitting around at this organization and do not attain advanced education. Very few clinical managers have an MBA or MPH and have little respect or appreciation for employees with academic training/healthcare experience. If you are liked by the "powers that be" you do not have to develop any level of serious skills to advance within this organization. Being bilingual is an asset and a must with this organization because of the patient population. The average professional career at this health center is about 5-6 years and then most of the medical, Dental and talented administrative staff leave or end up being fired for upsetting the administration. This organization is large, formidable and comparable to any HMO or PPO but the interpersonal dynamics are very "meet me in the play ground after school"
Pros
Travel to most clinics and administrative offices is against traffic.
Cons
Disdain and disrespect for educated individuals.
Good for experience
Phlebotomist Intern (Current Employee) –  National City, CAJune 23, 2018
SYH is a good place to start and get your experience, the pay is not great but they do offer benefits for full time employment there are always openings.
Cons
Low pay management needs improvements
The perfect place to work
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJune 11, 2018
When i was working for SYH I grew as a person and they thought me a lot about my job and my community to be of better service. Its a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility
July 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your positive experience!

Hectic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San YsidroFebruary 11, 2018
Busy , unorganized. Favoritism is very evident. If you are liked its probably a great place to work if not it is not. Poor management and organization
February 19, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is unfortunate that your experience was not optimal. The organization has not hired Administrative Assistants in quite some time, so you may have been employed with us during the period where we doubled in size in just a few years. Times like those are certainly challenging and we rely on those who can be flexible and wear a lot of hats. Thank you again for your feedback and for your commitment to San Ysidro Health.

the most enjoyable part of the job
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Going home with the satisfaction that you have help so many people that come to the clinic when they feel sick. Knowing that you help put a smile on a patients face even though they feel sick or they received bad news.
July 11, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and share your positive experience with us. All the best!

Fast Paced
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92154January 11, 2018
Typical Day at San Ysidro Health would be set up vaccines needed for the day at the site i would be located, make sure to have all documents needed for the day.
Pros
great hours
Cons
poor staff communicaion
Mission Oriented
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2017
No organization is perfect. That said, this organization is wonderful. Staying true to a mission for 50 years is impressive. Building from one tiny clinic to 14 clinics and dozens of program sites is very impressive. Like most organizations, San Ysidro Health has had its ups and downs over the years, but has never experienced one major layoff. Not even during the severe down economic times.

Current leadership is focused on expanding our reach, expanding our services, and making work life great for all employees. There are dozens of personal training classes I can take (paid) for free each year to improve my work skills and my life skills.
Pros
Medical Benefit Plan better than anything I've ever seen.
Cons
Slow to make changes in a rapidly changing field
Excellent medical care provided to our patients
STAFF PHYSICIAN (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CANovember 8, 2017
Excellent place for working and providing care. The medical staff is dedicated. The administrative staff strives to assure quality care provided to our patients.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Emr/next gen subpar
February 19, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's nice to know that our Physicians see that the administrative staff cares about our patients too! Keep up the great work!

Need to improve asap
Pace CNA (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAOctober 24, 2017
I work at the san ysidro adult day care center and it needs improvement. Manager needs to do some micromanagement on employees & some employees need to communicate & work as a team. Manager also needs to get assignments & cna schedules organized & in order. Too much work & stressful & not enough staffing to cover all the work. Manager expects a person to be in 3 places at the same time when completing assignments & cnas are not able to concentrate on whats more important...the participants & thier care.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough staff or too much work on one person. Not enough time to take care of patients
November 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. Our PACE center is an exciting and relatively new concept that is revolutionizing care to our elderly population. It is certainly a challenge at times to coordinate complex care for over 200 participants. We’ve recently developed a staffing plan that allows for earlier recruitment and hiring for PACE. Please know that your time and work is valued, and we’re taking steps to ensure quality employees to assist with the workload.

Very Stressfull Place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 17, 2017
Never going Back. it was a really bad place to work everyone always making fun of you and no training. I will not return and if any one wants to apply think it over before you do.
Pros
Very stressfull and alot of Bulling and management did nothing
Cons
Medical Insurance
November 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We’re sorry that you experienced this. HR takes all bullying charges very seriously and we encourage our employees to report any uncomfortable situation to our department directly. We do not tolerate this behavior. We actively promote our Core Values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity, and Empowerment. We provide Diversity & Inclusion training to all employees and an advanced Diversity & Inclusion training to all Managers and Supervisors. We recently promoted several PARs to PAR Leads and promoted several PAR Leads to PAR Supervisors. Our Medical Insurance provides a $20/month plan for our employees where no copay or costs for any prescriptions are necessary.

Needs improvement
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAAugust 24, 2017
Could be an exciting place to work at if you were able to move up. Company had potential but does not train or take care of of its employees the way they should be taken care of. Need to show more appreciation
August 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns in this review. Please also respond to our quarterly Employee Engagement surveys. We listen!

We have an upcoming Employee Appreciation Bowling Night scheduled in a couple of weeks. I hope you attend so that you can network with other employees in our large organization. San Ysidro Health Center has been promoting many employees including four Newly Created PAR Supervisor positions just last month. We’ve also just promoted two internal employees to Clinic Site Management positions.

not a work appropriate environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 21, 2017
Hardest part of working for San Ysidro Health Center is not feeling in a relaxed working environment. I believe that the key for a great work to be take place is to have great communication between your coworkers and to keep the work as professional as possible. I have been working her for now 1 year a half & feel that there is still a long way to go for this organization to have the best costumer service needed and for supervisors and managers to put into work of having employees be as professional & dedicated to there duties the best possible.
Pros
Monday to Friday Schedule
Cons
Short Staff all the time.
August 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you’re still a current employee, we encourage you to respond to our quarterly Employee Engagement surveys. We listen!

If I understand your concern correctly, you want managers and supervisors trained how to effectively lead. We want that as well and are working hard to empower our leaders with several mandatory trainings and dozens of suggested optional training sessions. These trainings are in-house and are offered free to our employees. All of our managers are required to attend two Manager Seminar Series trainings which are full-days of hands on training that include, leadership, customer service, promoting cultural diversity, and much more. San Ysidro Health Center has doubled in size over the past 6 years, it’s understandable that we are experiencing some growing pains, but we’re dedicated to living our Core Values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity, and Empowerment for our patients, employees, and the community we serve.

Poor management
Medical Assistant/ QA autoclave specialist (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAAugust 3, 2017
I was lucky enough to work with a group of people that made me comfortable and enjoy my work. However, I heard in many cases that this does not always happen in this company. Many issues with back office staff and the management is terrible for anybody that is in the nursing staff. Terrible decisions are made when it comes to coverage when needed. Pay is good and overall not too busy, but the work culture is not that great.
August 28, 2017

We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review with both your positive and less than positive experiences with SYHC. Our organization’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of our community’s traditionally under-served and culturally diverse people. We have doubled in size over the past 6 years. Last year, we serviced over 92,000 people, and unfortunately, that growth sometimes means that coverage can be a little challenging. We are working hard to ensure that every employee has a pleasant experience working in a group where they can enjoy their contributions to the mission. As an organization we will continue to strive to serve not only our patients but our employees with our four core values; respect, excellence, integrity and empowerment.

fun place to work
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJuly 16, 2017
The only opportunity to grow and advance is the high turn over in the career. I worked for one practice for seven years and I loved it. very nice co- workers and supervisors
Pros
shared with diferent cultures
Cons
short lunch
I wished it would had worked out
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2017
I liked this position. It was a bad area of my life and I left on a family emergency to Seattle. They held my job for a while and compensated me as a perk they offer. When I was offered the job I had qualified for 3 positions and they gave me a choice on where to go. I was sad to leave. I would apply here again.
Productive work place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2017
Productive work place, management can do better ( have a better attitude) , it needs to have more lunch time and 15 min breaks. That way we can go back to work without stressing out that much.
Cons
Short lunch
San Ysidro Health Center
Medical Assistant/Case Manager (Pediatrics) (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJune 8, 2017
San Ysidro Health Center is an improving company it has been focusing and stressing the importance of quality with its Power of Health Care. Management and Team Leads have been really engaged in making a better Health Care place.
Pros
I worked with nice people who seemed motivated to do a good job
Cons
Somewhat stressful when short on staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Ysidro Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about