SAP

United States979 reviews

Found 979 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,663 reviews
concurglobalcloudhanasoftwarebalanceculturegerman

Great Company

SAP has a great work culture with lots of opportunity. Though with a 100k+ employee company you can feel like a number at times. Managers are great but should take more ownership on developing talent. Many people have left due lack of upward mobility.

Pros

Pay, benefits, flexible work schedule

Strong company with good work-life balance

SAP allows employees to maintain a work-life balance while being able to grow and advance. Management supports employees and their desire to grow their career and listens to feedback about what areas they would like to focus on.

Cons

compensation not as high as competitors

SAP insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Employee-Friendly

SAP goes out of its way to support employees with benefits, training and other perks. The compensation is fair, but varies by location. Overall a good place for a career in IT.

Pros

Benefits, perks, training, Some very interesting topics, international company, Get to work with people from all over the globe on a daily basis.

Cons

Very bureaucratic, Large organization, hard to navigate different teams to find the information you need to do job, Can be hierarchical

SAP YPP - What a great opportunity!

Great program, divided into several parts, including soft skills and two official SAP certifications, the opportunity is not paid but the benefits and training it offers could easily replace the salary.

Great people

Good:- The people really are great, supportive, friendly- Great benefits and pay- Great growth opportunitiesThe less good:- Falling a bit behind other companies- They don't make it easy to sell to customers (training is lacking, the tools we use internally (not the ones we sell) are garbage- "Too many cooks in the kitchen" moments

German Company bent on hiring their own people in Germany

Company bent on hiring people from Germany and invented reasons to terminate their counterpart USA employees. Workday was mostly travel. I traveled 100,000 airplane miles each year especially after 911. I wrote two very successful lucrative payroll manuals and never got any recognition for it. Hardest part of the job was the travel: home on Friday evening, travel on Sunday.

Very political company and they manage from top down, period

SAP is a very political company and many decisions are based on politics, period. Do not go to HR for any concerns you have about management because they sincerely only represent management and not you the employee. It's a toxic work atmosphere. SAP goes through reorganizations every 10 months and it's chaotic as well.

Fun workplace, Its a dream company for many.

Fun workplace, Its a dream company for many.I love everyday while working for SAP.I have learnt so many thing in my entire tenure at SAP. I am so thankful to my mentors.

Pros

Great people to work with.

Good company to work for

Good company to work for with great benefits and compensation package. Good culture. Good timing. Nice overall compensation. Learning. Spending time with colleagues

Highly structured work environment,

Workday was quite flexible. Most team members were in by 9AM. Some regular members worked remotely. Remote work was discouraged for me as a contractor.

Pros

15 minutes commute from my house, flexible work hours, ample lunch breaks

Cons

Unpaid holiday and vacation

It's a behemoth company and it shows.

If you are okay with things moving at a glacial place, you'll be fine here. Leaders are promoted based on favoritism. There is zero transperancy. This is Concur specific. The integration of acquired LOBs is terrrible.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No accountability for leaders

Horrible management in china

Joined sap with hope, left because manager forced us to. Always getting bashed about what I do, manager got so mad during 121 many times. Felt extremely anxious the entire time. overtime with no compensation. I’m sure the branches in developed countries would be quite different tho

Good work culture

Enjoyed my time working here. There’s a special sense of freedom when you work here. Learning opportunities are great and self learning is also possible.

Organization politics is key to success or to get promoted

Qualifications and hard work do not matter. One with white skin gets promoted quickly. They don't recognize or consider internal employees for promotion rather they like to hire people from outside. If you want to work for rest of your life with no hikes or possibly 1% hike then join this company.

Internship was ok...

The brand name of SAP is pretty good, but the culture is rather dull. I would say it's a very work-oriented company, and my manager didn't entirely interact with me throughout the process. Additionally, during my virtual daily standups, the colleagues did not even turn on their camera, making it feel like a silo culture.

Overall good employee with good bonuses

Satisfaction depends on your team assignement how you are satisfied with workDynamic company Good bonus and competative salaryCollective is positive

IT Contractor at SAP

While it constantly amazes me the level of disorganization that exists across almost all facets of SAP (especially IT practices), it is still a great place to be and the internal employees here are all clearly pleased to be here.

Overworked. Expect to work 60 hours + per week.

Good company, but way too much work on everyone's plate. I would guess the average employee works 60+ hours per week. And expect to be emailed 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

Pros

Remote, flexible work environment, good benefits.

Cons

Long hours, very political organization-- meaning you get promoted if you're "in" with someone, not based on your work.

Great people and culture belonging in office and remote. From a contractor perspective.

I interacted with a lot of intelligent and friendly people in every department. I never saw any politics being played with to put someone down. Office has a lavish cafeteria and gym. Great management that looks out for their team.

Pros

Great office, hybrid, or remote work/life balance. Everyone wants to succeed together.

Cons

Seems to be mainly hiring from within at the moment for certain positions.

God experience overall.

Salary is lower vs most of its competitors and work live ballance not that good if you want to get involved into multiple projects so you can get continuous overtime pay each month

Pros

Good envoronment Lots of benefits Lots of trainings

Cons

Low salary vs competition Not that good work live balance

Great management, customers and co-workers. Great place to work. Clear expectations, annual feedback and reviews. Fair compensation with the ability to earn large bonuses.

Pros

international travel

Cons

international travel

Common questions about SAP

Answered by current and former employees at SAP

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

55%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss