SAP Employee Reviews

Found 633 reviews matching the search See all 1,866 reviews
Inconsistent, but great potential
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 31, 2018
The quality of an engineering experience at SAP is entirely dependent on board-level politics, and SAP's executive board is chaotic at best. When things are going right, a good team has more opportunities to do challenging, interesting, and novel work than at any other large company I've worked at. The downside is, a board-level coup could happen at any time, and all of your hard work might be abruptly thrown away.

Work-life balance is unusually good, and while the perks aren't quite at the Google level, they're pretty good. There are internal labs where you can get involved in cutting edge research, and they're generally open to anyone who shows both interest and aptitude. None of this highly-publicized 20% that doesn't really exist; this is straight up fit-it-in-where-you-can blue sky stuff.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to do interesting things
Cons
Chaotic, not great compensation
Outstanding Company to work for
Director (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PANovember 26, 2018
I spent 10 years there. I enjoyed every day and I would love to go back and work for them again.

I was hired before I graduated college. I started at the bottom and worked my way up. I started out running a New Jersey office and then took on additional responsibilities of running a New York office. After 4 years of doing that I then moved to the HDQ and took on more responsibilities. Overall it's a great work experience, great company and I would recommend anyone looking for tech job to look at them first.
Pros
Fun, Challenging, great benefits
Cons
Great perks, excellent pay & benefits, mgmt could be better
Executive Assistant / Contractor (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMay 29, 2018
I love, loved, loved working at SAP! The senior Administrative Assistant that was there to help train me was so supportive and patient. My co-workers were a joy, as well. The work-life balance and the salary are also excellent. Plenty of flexibility if overtime is needed.

However, one of the executives I supported was very unyielding and extremely hard to communicate with, which had a decisive impact upon success within the role and chances for advancement within the corporation. That is the ONLY negative thing I can say about this fantastic company!
Pros
Free soda, snacks, 5 star cafe services, /cuisine
Cons
Beware the female executives trying to compete with the "boys"
SAP has great benefits, modern facility, enviromentally friendly and managers are hands on
Travel and Services Lead Analyst- Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 13, 2018
I was impressed with working at SAP as a Team Lead for Travel and Expense AP. I has supportive management who allowed me to learn and perform management functions. I was responsible for weekly payment runs and reports, accruals, and training new temporary contractors. After almost two years, and learning that the AP and T&E departments were going global, I was saddened to hear that many jobs were being relocated in Argentina. I then applied for several other positions to retain my status at SAP in Newtown Square. Eventually, after training the employees in Argentina on procedures and policies for T&E expense reports, many of us were laid off.
Pros
Beautiful building and location, weekly perks(free lunch), abundant training, excellent benefits, good leadership teams
Cons
High expectations to be perfect, big on metrics reports
Great place to work and advance in the tech world
Bilingual Client Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 10, 2018
A modern environment with plenty opportunities to learn. The management could improvement, especially regarding communication between departments.

That's all
Pros
Unlimited sick days, advancement opportunities, work from home option
Cons
Entry level is boring, stuffy corporate culture at times
Top people to work and learn from
Senior Industry Account Executive, Public Services (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2019
SAP has been an excellent company to work for over the past 5 years. My peers and executives are sharp and have raised my business acumen. I enjoy working for SAP.
A very structured organization, with a highly politicized culture.
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 13, 2018
I think that SAP has a very strong brand in the ERP marketplace, but they have been slow in change, and thus they no longer hold the dominant market position that they once did. As with any large organization, there are some outstanding people working there, and there are others that are just OK - but I think that this is fairly typical for large organizations. Unfortunately, good talent is often lost because of it. The fact that this is a German company, but that its largest market is the US also creates a very interesting dynamic, particularly when you have to interface with the German people for anything. I have enjoyed working here, but I am now ready to move on to some new challenges.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
No benefits
Productive and Fun
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAFebruary 13, 2019
Great work environment , every day was a learning experience, the culture is fantastic and the commute for me was accurate. The management life cycle was productive and efficient, it also gave me the opportunity to meet new people and discover more possibilities for me within the organization
Nice place to work with lot of learning opportunities , they care about their people
SAP Support Consultant COE (Former Employee) –  Mexico City and Latin AmericaSeptember 5, 2018
As CoE support consultant you work with people from around the world to solve clients issues. You have to travel a lot to deliver services to different customers.
You have a lot of online resources to learn, sky is the limit. Online library, online courses, Best practice communities and SAP Support portal to resolve issues , easy contact with experts.
Pros
workplace culture and learning opportunities, also great benefits
Cons
lots of travel hours during weekends
Overdeployment is the standard
Account Executive, SAP SuccessFactors (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 7, 2018
SAP's culture is odd for sales people looking for success. SAP has 2-2.5 times the number of sales people compared to the competition. This creates smaller territories with the same quota expectations.

Comp plans are standard 50/50 salary to commission but payout structure is extremely limited (below industry norm) below 50% obtainment.... basically reps don't see any tangible pay until their over 50% later in the year.
Pros
Company brand
Cons
Overdeployed sales force and below average commission structure
SAP word culture
Technology Licensing Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 10, 2018
SAP is a very risk adverse culture. This means everyone needs to follow the procedures established by corporate.

A typical work day in America-- starts very early to catch the home office in Germany.

Management does everything "by the book".

The hardest part of the job is conducting business the SAP way -- which is very different than looser American companies.
Great organization to work for
Procurement Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 29, 2018
Great overall morale and culture with organization. Constant career mapping and development opportunities. No micromanaging, management trusts and backs stuff.
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 27, 2018
SAP Concur has a great culture and provides a great compensation package. It has a pretty good vacation and benefit packages(401K and health insurance). Great opportunities in Career advance ment.
Challenging/Rewarding Work, But No Job Security
Executive Director, U.S. Government Relations (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2018
Enjoyed working with this global software company. Work as an internal lobbyist specializing in tax, trade, immigration, and workforce policy issues.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Flexible Work Environment
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Great Place to work
TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS SERVICES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2018
I enjoy the company work culture. The management is approachable and willing to listen. The employees are eager to help and willing to learn. I enjoy working at the company.
Not a bad company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 13, 2018
Not bad company to work for but can easily get lost waiting on management decisions. good work life balance but poor in advancement unless you worked in an office
Good Experience
Business Operation Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2018
A day at work was meaningful and challenging.
I learned how to communicate with different people.
Management was nice.
Workplace culture was great.
Great Place to Work
Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 7, 2018
SAP is a great company, the culture is amazing as well as the management team. I highly recommend the company - I believe the compensation could be better however, overall the company is great.
Career
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2018
Work Life balance is okay. Career advancement is a challenge.
That's all I choose to provide at this time. There should not be a minimum length to this review.
Pros
Wfh, Lunch
Cons
career advancement
Good for life, bad for advancement
User Experience Designer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 10, 2018
SAP being a 60k+ employee company is huge. It means 2 thing:
- You will get paid what the corporate say you get paid. And it's not market rate.
- You will not get ahead no matter how much impact you make at work. It's about who you know to get ahead.

I think SAP is great for people who wants work-life balance (maybe you have a family to take care of). People stay there for 10+ years, that speak volume to how good the benefits are. However, I found that I can get paid much more if I left, and will get on faster career track than to stay at SAP.
Pros
Good benefits, relaxed culture, nice people
Cons
Highly political, Lower pay, Virtually no promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss