SAP

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

SAP Employee Reviews

Found 661 reviews matching the search See all 1,930 reviews
Friendly co-workers very willing to work with interns
Development and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 20, 2019
Interned with the Startup Focus team. They were great to work with, always friendly and willing to work with and communicate with interns. There was also always work for us to do, never had to sit around waiting for something to do. We worked closely with startup clients and communicated with them on behalf of the team. We (interns) were also given our own company-wide project to work on during the last month or so of the internship, which was very engaging.
Acquired Company
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 18, 2019
SAP acquired out company 10 or 11 years ago. We were slowly assimilated into their culture. They pretty much left us alone to continue to function as we had done prior to the acquisition.

Overall it was a decent experience.
Pros
Subsidized lunches. Autonomous work environment.
Cons
Becoming like any other global corporate software vendor
Global Vice President ERP and Finance Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2019
Meetings are taking over your day, as you always need alignment with many stakeholders
There is a ton of "learning" material available, but totally unstructured, so you should take good care of your career yourself
management is seemingly lost and over their head. A clear vision beyond "CNBC videos" from the CEO (which are outstanding) is not existing. Communication internally is a disaster.
Working in teams is great, as people are awesome. When it then comes to management you better be careful.
SAP used to be a "German work ethics" company, but culture is changing and the perks of the founder being still with the company (and related culture) is slowly vanishing
Pros
flex work, remote work, good social benefits
Cons
corporate, cumbersome, poor senior management
Nice place to work. Quality of perks depends on where you work
Lead Architect (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 11, 2019
SAP is a nice place to work. They prioritize work life balance. They promote flexible hours and working from home. However you are expected to take calls outside of work hours especially if you are not working in Europe.

They offer good benefits and stock options. Perks depends on where you work. Palo Alto and Waldorf have good perks.
Pros
Allowance for lunch, free soda/tea/coffee, 5 personal days
Evolving
Data Privacy Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 10, 2019
SAP is undergoing a restructuring which puts the current state in question. As a large organization it takes time to learn the different functioning units and principals engaged. Great place to work for the right person
Great Pay & Benefits but Dysfunctional Working Groups
Pre-Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2019
I was hired in 2017 and never did the job I was hired to do. Management and Working Groups were dysfunctional in the way business was done.

Pay and benefits can't compare to any other company - truly the best. I just wish internally management gets their act together.
Great place to work - Team work at it's best
Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 7, 2019
Very fast pace from the moment I get in.
Review builds and automated tests for 7 code lines for up to 7 platforms.
Create Cr's as needed and follow up with developers emails and phone calls.
Check for any environment anomalies with any Development, QA,
Build and Infrastructure machines and work with IT on resolutions.
Setup up of any new machines if required.
If builds and automated tests are of acceptable quality push required component to staging areas and execute installer builds and when completed send out status report.

Help Developers with various needs such as setup a customer environments as to assist the developer in resolving a bug resolution.
Pros
I feel that I have helped the team be successful each day.
Cons
Hard to say when enough is enough. Always more to do.
turning to an ERP sweatshop
Sr. Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 7, 2019
Run by sales & marketing folks. Lesser importance to products and innovation.

Toxic culture with no transparency, trust and respect for leadership. Many layers of incompetent leadership is replicating itself.
CAMS - Sofware Developer
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Home- Carlsbad officeApril 3, 2019
As a team player for the CAMS-SFM system and original developer it was a pleasure to solve issues for our Aerospace and Defense Customers on a daily basis and help them out to produce great products.
Pros
Great company enviroment
Cons
SAP is a nice place to work
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 1, 2019
Working as SAP was an exciting time in my career. I worked for a small subsidiary and we were allowed the autonomy necessary to solve our own problems without too much oversight. I enjoyed working for SAP and learning to become a project manager.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Nothing I can think of...
Fortune Best Company to Work For
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 1, 2019
SAP has been named the Best Company to Work for the last three years is a true statement. They provide employees a healthy work life balance in order to perform your best at work. There are opportunities within the company to help you thrive professionally which include learning a new skill for the workplaces or for pure curiosity.
Good Place to Work
Senior Director of Sales Enablement (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2019
Generally good work life balance. Compensation and bonus is fair. As a big company it is not as agile as other smaller companies who do not have as many processes, policies, and procedures in place that tend to slow down progress and effieiency in getting work/projects completed.
Fast Paced
Senior Controller (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMarch 25, 2019
Fast-paced culture at a large software company trying to migrate as quickly as possible to cloud products.

Change is the only constant at SAP and the direction and composition of leadership evolve very quickly.
Working Remotely
Finance Associate - 3rd Party Team (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 20, 2019
Working remotely at SAP is a huge plus as long as you are a focused individual with a good work ethic as I am. Remote work lessens our carbon footprint and promotes flexibility.
Pros
$5 toward lunch when in the office
My experience is great
Sr. Director of Storage Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2019
SAP has been a great place to work, they really care about the company culture and employees. They make significant investments in training, office space is very nice, benefits are really competitive compared to other places I have worked.
Lots of meetings
Senior Software Architect (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 18, 2019
Typical day would start with a 10:30am stand up "scrum" meeting, night time meetings with India development team.

Management says most growth in the future will be in the India office, limiting growth in Silicon Valley.

I had 6 managers in 18 months. The amount of crazy reorgs, etc is insane.
Pros
Good emphasis on sustainability and workplace diversity
Cons
Constant night-time meetings with India
Collaborative workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMarch 13, 2019
At SAP I feel appreciated for the work I do. A company that is filled with collaborative, intelligent employees. It is an excellent place to work at and to work for.
Great Company but quick layoff
Software Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 12, 2019
SAP was a great company to work for. Great benefits, able to work from home if need and great pay. After working for a year the entire engineering department was laid off,
SAP is a Great Place to work!
DIRECTOR OF PARTNERS AND ALLIANCES, SAP (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2019
SAP is a great place to work. I have been impressed over my years hear how SAP has evolved. The company sees value in employees volunteering and giving back to our community. We are all about the business but the people rank pretty high as well.
Typical Corporate Environment
Senior Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMarch 12, 2019
There are people that play politics and if you are in that group, it's hard to get out of it or win without knowing the right people.

Else there is tons to learn if you are willing to take the initiative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight