SAS Retail Services Employee Reviews

Best part of job is the people I work with,
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Shift starts at 5:00 am and ends at 1:30. The job is not hard at all. The most difficult part of the job is having to be up so early to be at work at 5.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
No full time positions
Love the enviroment.
ASSISTANT TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Salem, orJanuary 16, 2019
I love my team and I'm very good at what I do, but the management is terrible. If this company would pay the people the deserved amount, the employees would care more about actually showing up for the job and be more reliable. It's also a very tedious job so they'd actually do their job alot better if they get better pay.
Worst Job That I Had
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 14, 2019
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. They treat you poorly when you don't have enough experience with the job. The lead in the North Seattle area just stands around on her phone being hypocritical. They tell you that you can move on but then talks bad about you behind your back. toid them I had mental health problems and they didn't want to accommodate and try to make up another than listening to the fact that I have mental health problems and try to accommodate. They won't take formal complaints about anyone. Don't train people right or tells instructions minutes after you to put things back together or to re-stock shelves. No chance in advancement, no chances at raises. They keep people at (in Seattle) 15.45 an hr. even when you have worked with them for over a year. They just don't treat you fairly or accommodate to your disabilities or needs to abetter Job at the work space.
Pros
loved the general idea of the job
Cons
Don't like how people talk about you behind your back, not enough pay to deal with being treated like a slave and a low-class citizen, not accommodating to one's mental disabilities.
Absolutely sucks
Forget y’all (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2019
This company is horrible, they lack pay, they never get back to you when your trying to let them know of your delayed pay. They never respond to anything as a matter of fact .. This company sucks and honestly i see it not only the Milwaukee area!
Pros
Cons
Zero
No Good Experience wit this job at all
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2019
It Wasn’t That Bad The Pay Was Horrible And We Travel To Different place an sometimes they location be really far.i Usually Had Good Days Though.But I’m Resdy To Quit.
Pros
Off the job Lunch break and I use to get off early alot
Cons
The managers so rude .Too much flirting
Don't go to work for these people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 6, 2019
I wrote a bad review before and I was hoping maybe something would change but they are still advertising the same way so I expect they are still working the same way.

The pay is awful as you have to drive long distances and get less than 7 cents a mile for it and as to them saying you get paid for your drive time, that is not true. You only get $20 a day for food and you can't even eat fast food for that amount.

The hotel you get is awful and you have to share a room. You are not told anything about this until you get to the hotel and find out. Some people have to share a room with a person of the opposite sex that is a complete stranger to them.

You are not given any instructions when you start work and you are not told who you will be meeting with when you get to the place you're working and not told where to meet the person. Even after asking these questions, they were not answered for me. As a matter of fact, I got no communication with anyone until about two days before my work was to begin.

If this is not enough to make you run the other way, just go to work for them for just one night and you will see drunks and drug addicts cussing in front of customers and no one knowing what they are doing. This will do the trick if you are any kind of normal worker at all.
Pros
Cons
Numerous
work life
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ennice, NCJanuary 5, 2019
We started at 8 and got off depending on the sets we had to get done. so the faster we worked the earlier we got off. It was a laid back job and we rarely had a boss on duty.
Details on SAS
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Working with SAS Retail Services allows me to be productive social with my co workers. While working, we are assigned with a planograms to either rearrange inventory or move a section of the store to a different location. Each assessment can vary depending on the project. If it is a Reset project, it is usually done within the day. If it is a Remodel project it can take up to weeks or months depending on the store. The management also varies on who it at the store at the time. We are assigned a schedule for which Giant Food Store we have to go to via text messages.
Everything changed once the company was bought out.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Everything about why I loved working for the company in the first place is gone. There used to be a lot of opportunity to travel, see new places and meet new people while also working. Now the new owners are penny pinching so hard they dont want anyone traveling too far because they no longer want to pay for hotels or rentals or plane tickets... Not to mention NO benefits. Been working for them for a very long time and I cant even get dental to get my teeth fixed? Ridiculous... You'd be better off just applying to work for Budweiser or something... Merchandising companies dont care enough about their employees...
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
easy pase job friendly people to work for and with
reseter (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 4, 2019
SAS was a great place to work and excellent people to work with the job required for us to travel from state to state and reset them and my truck needed to be placed in a repair shop

Want to know more about SAS Retail Services?

Ask a question
Great Company Depending on your Client
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 4, 2019
Daymon SAS is a good company to work for but the demands and culture depend on your client. Some Clients are very demanding while others just expect the work to be done to expectation with little interaction.
Pros
Work from Home, Room to move around in the company network
Cons
Client demands, pay is OK
Productive fast paced working environment
Lead retail merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I love merchandising, I enjoyed merchandising in the grocery industry.
We had a core team of 11 but during resets we would have a team of 23 to 25.
You get to travel and SAS covers the hotel room. You get paid mileage, and perdium.
Most of the hotels have indoor pools Wich is very nice and a hot tub with is an absolute must after resetting grocery.
Benefits
Cons
3rd shift
Organizational Fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Allendale, MIJanuary 2, 2019
The team I had would equally spread out our work load for the week so we would work around the same hours every day.
You would get several planograms done in one day .
Company wasnt so bad but management was terrible and no caring
merchandisr (Former Employee) –  north carolina- Sanford, Spring lake, etcJanuary 2, 2019
I was working for SAS in the cary raleigh area. I liked the job ok but the manager that I had was awful. She didnt and doesnt care about her employees. One example is that I had to have emergency surgery on nov 13 and today is Jan 2 and to this day she has yet to ask how i am doing, if im alive or dead. I messaged her yesterday saying that im ready to go back to work and she said i have your stores covered. Shes a no caring person.
No Personal Time
Retail Auditor (Former Employee) –  WasingtonJanuary 1, 2019
SAS Retail offers No Paid Vactation Time, no Personal Days & only 24 Hours of Sick Leave per year.

Had I not beeb Terminated right before Christmas I would have put in Notice 1st of the year.
Pros
Job
Cons
No Vaction time
Worst company ever..
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaliforniaDecember 31, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for before!!! Run and run fast...dont stop and apply for a job with this company.. To say there is a lack of communication and absolutely no Professionalism is to say the least....What a JOKE
I personally loved it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 31, 2018
I wouldve wanted to work there as long as possible with hopes of advancement as long as i had my own vehicle!! As soon as i get a car of my own, i would LOVE to apply again!
Like Job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 26, 2018
Need Benefits, Seems no advancement, much Favortism...Like various duties and various locations.
Need to give parttimers paid vacation and sick time of some kind
Pros
Flexible
Benefits
Not a challenging position
Retail Project Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2018
nothing to challenge for anyone that has high degree of pride and drive. Good for people that want to show up and not utilize all their potential. No compensation raises in 4 years and under pay for mileage for use of your personal vehicle.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay, no challenge, no incentives
Great job if you like to travel
Elite Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 17, 2018
If you are single and love to travel, this would be a job for you.
Management is not bad, and there is plenty of room to grow in this company.
Hardest part of this job is being away for 5-6 days out of the week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAS Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight