SAS Retail Services Employee Reviews

Great job for OCD people
Trainer/Floater/Team Lead Merchandiser / Part Time (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Gravy job, easy hours, OCD /Organizational skills are a plus to this job, weekends off, rare long days depending on team members and reset size, transportation reimbursement after 30 miles or 30 minutes drive to job site, great supervisors with positive support ethics.
Pros
Weekends off Always
Cons
Not guaranteed 40 hours
Work here only if you only have to!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2018
I'm going to keep this short and simple. Management sucks. Work is easy. Pay could be better.Most have a second job. Can't live off of SAS checks. Some teams are perfect to work with. Others will make things complicated. My team... Bunch of old grumpy, talk behind everybody back jerks. Good bye SAS!
Pros
Off super early, easy work
Cons
Poor management, worthless team captains, no advancing
It's a nice company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
It's a nice a friendly place to work at I just need a job I can work more hours I love the time I start I wish they offer full time hours and vacation
Joke management and company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque New MexicoSeptember 17, 2018
Cool people but it's a click , management lies and got caught so I'm not on the schedule. Seen supervisor in a store said if I was available.. crickets I work for 3 other reset teams as a independent contractor no problems with those . Seems management that management also has the Jim crow mentally in the NM location. When you are ready to work know your job but if you are not in the club . Your not in the schedule, upper management pretty much doesn't know what the right hand and left hand is Doing. It's a click and can be proven especially in the Albuquerque area . The ones not in the click once again dosent get put on the schedule. If you have another part time job and are told they take it personally. A clown show in the new Mexico area
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced and stressful at times
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wichita,KsSeptember 17, 2018
I really enjoyed this job. It was fast paced with a go get thrive. Always trying to improve how to beat the clock on set times. Challenging and gave opportunity to meet and provide customer service for the general consumer.
Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2018
I liked this job because I was able to work on my own and develop relationships with multiple store managers. I made my store displays look presentable.
SAS Retail Services
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 13, 2018
SAS Retail Services is a comfortable job for me at least i enjoyed the work and enjoyed my partner i worked with building the sets in several stop and shops
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
It takes patience
Job was alright, management was a joke
Local Fool, Because I Took This Stupid Job (Former Employee) –  Killme, PleaseSeptember 13, 2018
The job itself is just fine. It's all the fun of stocking shelves without really having to deal with customers (unless they mistake you for a store employee). The core of why I'm giving a 1-star review lies with management. I've worked several jobs in the past 10 years, and I have never in my life seen managers that were as incompetent as the ones working for SAS Retail Services.

Constant mistakes on the shelf plans and a completely imbalanced workload ensured that we would be working much longer hours than necessary. It's no wonder my co-workers were so stressed and frustrated all the time. I'm pretty sure a brick could do a better job than the mouth-breathing morons currently running the show. I dreaded coming into work after less than 2 WEEKS on the job, which is exactly when I put my nametag on the shelf and walked away for good.

Avoid this job at all costs, unless you like dealing with higher-ups who can't do their jobs
Quit Before It Began
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 12, 2018
Should have heeded the other warnings. Went through the onboarding process easily until the I-9 section. They did not do as described in the instructions and delayed my completing all the tasks required!

Called the help desk, they transfered me to the SAS department and just got an answering machine. They ended up solving my problem but no one called me back. I completed everything perfectly and I could have gotten it done over the weekend. Had to email them often to send the link until it was too late. It finally came on the due date but only after getting them to do their job and sending it in the first place.

Decided, it was not worth getting tangled up with this company. All because they didn't call me back, not having a working automated system for sending emails(hence having to tell them to do it, and taking their sweet ol time doing it), and if YOU delayed me completing it by the due date at least extend it!

Seemed like an interesting job, but it's been headache trying to complete the last part.

Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Acceptance Letter Came Quickly
Cons
Read this review
Run away and don't look back!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2018
Job was bad really bad. I wanted to cry most of the time. The route was so big doing about 2000 miles a month in your own car. Mileage was a joke wasn't enough for what you were doing to your car. Manager never wanted to come on the route with you, but would always complain about the numbers. Only take the job if you really need it.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Everything else
Work is easy
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOSeptember 9, 2018
You need to be in stores between 5:00 AM and 8:00 AM to start they day. You follow a plan on how to walk the store for the call you are on checking products and stocking items. you work with store managers to correct issues you find and to sale in promotions. They have been jumping the routes you do all over and also the amount of time you are required to be in each store.
Pros
easy work generally you can set your schedule to go to store on days you prefer
Cons
day to day changes in routes and hours have become a problem
Good so far
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 6, 2018
I really enjoy this job, I just wish it were closer to home. That’s the only reason I’d quit because the driving is a big rough some days. I think doing planograms all day is actually a good job fit for me.
Pros
Paid drive time, always have weekends off
Cons
Driving far distances
Full Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 6, 2018
Good Management. Great Benefits. Good pay for travel & mileage reimbursement. Decent pay. Great team members to work with. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Stay Away
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2018
Management does not care about you or your safety. You drive at least 400 miles a week and they want you to do more with very little mileage pay. If your car breaks down, you lose your job. Management at the stores you visit are very rude and try to tell you what to do. No lunch break.
Great Place for Advancement!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 4, 2018
I started off as a Merchandiser with SAS and worked my way up through the company ladder. SAS promotes within the company prior to outsourcing. Plenty of growth opportunities if you are driven!
Company support and benefits are available!
Analyst work with room to grow
Space Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 2, 2018
A great job to learn about all the categories of the grocery industry. You will learn new software programs like space and floor planning, activity tracker, and item lookup. Advance usage of excel is required for this job as well. Requires critical thinking, teamwork, and cooperation among multiple parties and job titles in the building.
Pros
Growth of skills
Cons
Repetitive and tedious at times
Prodictive fast moving job loved it
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYAugust 30, 2018
I loved working for sas an experience to remember
The manager and co-workers are very easy to get along with everyone does there job and is finished in a timely fashion
Pros
2 15 min break
Cons
Travel
The job is good. Its the people and supervisor thats hateful!
Retail merchandiser- (Former Employee) –  Houston, texasAugust 30, 2018
Full time is ok, but they want to hire you at part time where they don't have to pay benefits. The supervisor is not the most nicest and understanding person at all. If the supervisor don't like You- (dont even have a reason why) it is miserable and stressful. You hurry and do your work, then walk around for 4 hrs sometimes and find something to do. If you dont find something to do, your in trouble. I have been with other companies and they are not stressful. This is the most stressful job ever.. i wouldnt recommend this company!
Cons
Pay, health coverage- expensive
Worst job experience
Retail Convergence Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 29, 2018
I came to SAS as a recommendation from a team member. If I had known the management style of the Unit Manager I would not have taken the job. You feel threatened with your job.
Hours very limites
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2018
Most to this type of companies have limited hours to offer, some time you can work 25 hours a week, and some other just a few, talking with other people working in same type of role is about the same.
Pros
get off ealy some times
Cons
Many of the people in Miami area do not speak al most english

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAS Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight