SAS Retail Services Employee Reviews

Part time
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 14, 2018
Sas retail is a great company to work for and sometimes there is no work in our home area so we would have to travel to help in other areas, so understand depending on the area you live in, here in las vegas there is not much work
North Carolina.. part time. Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 13, 2018
Management is horrible, when I was hired they told me things like. Paid holidays. Overnight travel pay , all sorts of things in which weren't true. And the pay wow..several of us didnt get paid until 2 months of being there. And some still havent.. I would never recommend anyone to work for this company. Too much chiefs and not enough Indians.. I have worked for several other retail companies, and this by far is the worst..
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Pay, poor management
Fun to work at
SAS Retail Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 13, 2018
Great place to work, I have learn to read the plan-o-gram and fast pace. The lead I work with gas showed me and teach me what I needed to do without missing up.
Productive fun work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
Train the new employees better instead of over the phone and tech the team leads to talk to people like they want to be talked to and not to play favorites
It's a very good rep job.
DRT Merchandiser, Central and Sourthern NH (Current Employee) –  Central and Southern NHNovember 11, 2018
SAS has decent wages for the type of work. You have to use your own car, and you will put a lot of miles on it. Their payback for car and gas is low. The stress level on the job, generally is low. Once you have your accounts set up, its pretty easy, with the exclusion of projects. They don't seem to give you enough time on projects to get them done. This is normal again, for this kind of job. But you should have time to hit your main goals if you work smart and are organized over the course of your cycle and your year.
Pros
Nice people, job is straight forward
Cons
wear and tear on cars
Terrible
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2018
Bad experience, I have been doing this for 10 yrs and don't need 4 days a month w/ someone tagging along throughout my day, very distracting. I do not recommend for merchandisers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Someone works w/ you 4 days out of the month distracting.
Would not recommend this place of employment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 8, 2018
Well I Would not recommend sas to anyone.... Bad management . Very unprofessional Over all Bad experience . I can go on but I'm gonna simply leave it at this if you're thinking about applying don't do it. total waste of unprofessional Disrespectful Races amount of time Good riddance SAS retelling.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
To much to write on the cons... Apply at your own risk
Very funny and i love the work rnvironment
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MONovember 2, 2018
You'll spend the entire day restocking a few aisles in a grocery store. You can use the restroom and take short minute break as needed, just let a co-worker know ahead of time.
Pros
Free breakfast donuts and lunch.
Cons
The dairy section is freezing cold, literally.
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 2, 2018
My supervisor is amazing and completely understands what life throws at you sometimes. The hours sometimes are not great but for the most part everybody is really nice.
Overall a good place to work
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 31, 2018
Enjoyed the work but they frequently travel out of town for weeks at a time; mileage and driving time reimbursement is minimal; management is thoughtful and not overbearing
Pros
Casual atmosphere
Cons
No benefits for part-timers
I enjoyed working there and the hours were ok
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 24, 2018
I enjoyed working there and the hours were ok however I was missing pay from two separate checks which I was willing to overlook their unprofessional behavior about the matter. However, when Hurricane Florence came and I evacuated the state to New York with no way to return to work they were not so willing to forgive. When I have proof my manager was kept in touch with the whole time that I was missing work. They also do not pay enough for your gas/mileage or wear and tear on your vehicle.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Liable not to get paid
Ok place to work
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 22, 2018
To many changes to much travel compensation sucks to much driving not enough in store time upper management does not care about quality they care about quantity
Pros
Cons
To much travel
It is physical and early mornings
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2018
The job was ok. Just couldn't find help with my kids that early in the Am. The control power trip was amazing to deal with. Liked the stores and interaction with them.
Fun job, relaxed environment, low compensation
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  PA / NYOctober 13, 2018
I currently work for SAS Retail Services as a Team Leader. I've been with the company for about five months, now, and started as a Merchandiser. I've worked in retail in the past as a sales associate but this was my first job pertaining to merchandise resets. My team services six stores in the PA and NY area.

As a Merchandiser, you typically start the day by grabbing a Plan-O-Gram from the Team Lead, head to the back of the store to grab a u-boat/trolley and some milk crates, and then go to the section you're resetting. Resetting is easy work; you just pull discontinued, expired, B-item, Unallocated, and Not-On-Planogram items from the shelf and place them into the milk crates, labeling the crates separately. You then pull products off the shelves, one shelf at a time, and clean the shelf before placing the correct products back on in the order that the Plan-O-Gram designates (while also rotating dates when appropriate). After the section is completely reset, you then take the milk crates to the backroom of the store and leave them where the Receiver wants them.

As a Team Lead, you start the day off by making sure the POGs for that day's resets match the sections they're designed for, assigning POGs to team members, operating the SAS software app on your assigned tablet, checking E-Mails, and printing out any necessary documents for the day. The SAS app is simple to use and lets you clock your team members in/out, assign them to specific resets, record the time they spent on the reset, take before/after pictures of the resets, and record your New Item and Void Item bulletins.
  more... The bulletins are done at each store and simply require you to makes space for New Items and place price tags for them on the shelf, or check if an item on the Void Item bulletin is on the shelf and make room for it if it is not.

There's a few more little things that you have to do here and there, such as bi-weekly conference calls, pulling new items from the backroom and placing them on the shelves, printing tags, etc. but nothing is difficult to learn or do. Speaking of learning, thanks to this job I've learned how resets work, how to read a Plan-O-Gram, how to balance a workload between multiple team members, how to operate a retail inventory system to print price tags, and a lot of little things you don't realize are being done behind the scenes in a retail environment.

Management in my area has been exceptionally great; when my team needed help my supervisor was quick to respond. When I have to call an analyst due to a problem with a POG or item that's not on the POG, I always get a quick, helpful response. I've yet to have any issues of any kind with management.

The job itself is very relaxed, slow-paced, and laid-back most of the time. Sometimes we do get a heavier workload that requires to the team to move at a fast pace to get everything done in time but for the most part, everyone can take their time to make sure the job is done neatly and correctly. My team has been very pleasant to work with, though we've had a bit of a high turnover (I'll touch on that later), and we try to maintain a friendly and professional environment.

The most difficult part of the job, and the reason for the high turnover of employees, is by-far the travel. I travel over 1,000 miles per month at the expense of about $175 in gas but am only reimbursed about $43 for mileage per month. One of the stores my team services requires me to travel for approximately 3-4 hours that day. I've been told by every employee who has left the team that traveling to that single store has been the main reason they've quit. Frankly, the cost of gas, travel time, and wear-and-tear on my personal vehicle do have me questioning how much longer I will stay with SAS. I'll be changing my car's oil every 3 months with how many miles I'm putting on it monthly.

In contrast, the most enjoyable part of the job for me is the hours. I work mainly as a freelance programmer, YouTuber, and server administrator for an online multiplayer game server and working for SAS helps fill the gap between my meager self-employment and my living expenses. I feel lucky to have a job that requires me to work only 5-7 hours per day, four days per week, leaving me with enough time to do the things that I enjoy doing. As I stated before, the job is very relaxed and laid-back which is great for me as I tend to get stressed easily.
Pros
Relaxed laid-back environment, good part-time hours, friendly co-workers, great management
Cons
Travel time, mileage compensation
Eh.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 13, 2018
It's fine if you're only looking for part-time work. The hours are inconsistent. I was hired for 6am to 3pm, Monday thru Thursday. 36 hours is fine, if the hours were actually there. Since I've started in January, (now being October) there was only one week where we worked 36 hours. If the work load for week is done, and you onlu worked 10 hours, then you only get 10 hours.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks, unreliable hours.
Not the dream job I thought
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 7, 2018
The only real problem was traveling. Which is a main requirement to work. I traveled almost 4 hours from home. I just think some of the locations are just too far.
Pros
free hotel stay weekly
Cons
your never home
I only recommend if you want a temporary job until you find something better.
Merchandiser and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, OHOctober 5, 2018
I don't hate the work itself, I actually enjoy it.
That being said, the company does NOT give regular pay raises to their merchandiser employees. I can not speak for management on that.
Also our employees were banned from sitting in the stores cafe for our lunch breaks, even if we are buying our food from the store and are not on the clock!

A typical day is getting a planogram, staying organized throughout the process while pulling discontinued and NOP items, resetting products, replacing price tags, processing discontinued and Not-on-plan products.

Our team is relaxed but we all work together to get what needs done in a timely manner.

Personally the hardest part of the job is the physical part, due to past injury.
For me the best part of the job is the hours i work. 7am-2:30pm. Mon-Thurs.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Banning us from eating our lunches in store. No pay raises. No paid holidays, sick days, PTO. The company does not work from Thanksgiving through the first week of January.
SAS was not concerned about hours needed by employees.
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 1, 2018
The management is very critical and dont care when life happens to their employees. They hire alot of people on work release. They have employees on night crew going out to parking lot for their breaks and doing drugs/drinking alcohol.
Pros
Off early in afternoons. Which is nice.
Cons
low pay. Possibility of working with others on drugs and alcohol.
horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 1, 2018
hours suck! they expect you to travel then work thirty minutes in a store then travel back with no compensation. management is all family so favoritism runs rampant.
Pros
Cons
low hours, no travel comp
Sas sucks!
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
If you work for SAS, be prepared to eventually hate the company. The leadership is terrible. They hire supervisors that don’t know their left from their right. On top of that, it takes forever for a raise to be put into effect. Work there at your own risk. I only Gave 1 star because I couldn’t post without at least 1 star. They don’t deserve any stars.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAS Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight