SAS Retail Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It’s a cool nice place to work
SAS Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orange, CA 92867May 14, 2018
This company hire what ever color u are no racism everybody get along great people to work with.nice Smooth job management is ok it’s no big u can move up fast in this company fast what u put in is what u get out off it it’s what u make it.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short break sometime
Worst
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 10, 2018
management is the worst. They, lie, gossip, manipulate and conspire. Work is easy. The management and the way they treat people is not right. Worst place. No benefits or system in place to advance
Cons
sorry management
Great Company...I miss working there
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2018
I am a college student and began working for SAS the summer before my sophomore year began. For a struggling college student, the pay is amazing! I easily saved a thousand. It is very easy to work two jobs if youre working for SAS because you are not working all day, but all morning. I managed to work two jobs and not be too tired to get up in the morning and do it all over again. I loved my job. Unfortunately, after I went back to school, I was unable to return as my position was filled. I'm sad. I enjoyed the work, it was difficult learning but once I got everything down, I had a blast being assigned to a certain section and getting to reset it all by myself. Thanks SAS.
Fast paced job in Growing Company
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  RetailMay 5, 2018
Challenging and rewarding job. Company has lots of work and needs more people. The growth they have experienced over the last ten years has been amazing. Sometimes stressful, but what job isn't.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
long days sometimes
prductive and fast paced
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 3, 2018
The co workers and manager/lead employees are very rude and not helpful at all. The job itself is very easy but the hours are not guaranteed. Always having to travel.
Pros
fast paced and easy work
Cons
rude and disrespectful co workers and management
Poverty income level, NO RAISES GIVEN!
RSM (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2018
Excellent benefits, mgmt receptive and positive.
Unrealistic workload expectations
Unrealistic miles expected to drive using personal vehicle and paid far below federal mileage reimbursement
Working in field on your own is a positive
Fairly low pressure however client (Walmart) is horrible environment, unprofessional mgmt
Benefits
Cons
Pay, mileage
Sas
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 2, 2018
The company is good to work for. I work independently, with email and monthly conference calls. Flexibility in the job is a great benefit. Just let the supervisor know what is going on.
Pros
Flexibility, bennifits, and hours worked.
Cons
The amount of driving, and lack of coworkers.
Self Managed
Account Executive / Sales Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 1, 2018
If you enjoy meeting people and are outgoing, you will succeed.
You have to be a go-getter and cannot wait for things to happen - YOU make them happen.
SAS is outstanding company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 29, 2018
I Love working for SAS because they care about there employees. It's a friendly type atmosphere. They have a good open door policy should you ever have a issue you need addressed.
Team lead was completely unprofessional
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 25, 2018
Our team lead was completely unprofessional. He had no issue screaming at the team on a daily basis and treating them like dirt. He caused scenes in the stores in front of customers and Giant Eagle staff. He was an embarrassment to have as a lead. Condensending, rude, vile. He was a poor reflection of any lead and the sole reason I walked off the job.
Pros
It was nice to see the difference you could make in the store
Cons
Leadership sucks
fast paced
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 16, 2018
Constant changing of policies. A lot of favoritism that goes on within the company. No advancement opportunities and no pay increase. At least in the 3 years i worked for the company.
Was a job, not a life job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PAApril 10, 2018
I liked the job, I moved up three times in the company to a Salary manager, when I was an hourly associate I traveled a lot and got to see a lot of different states are cities. After getting promoted to Supervisor the hours began to become too much, associates calling all hours of the day and night, and upper management always funneling things down to be done. Just never seemed to be able to get ahead, I felt like I was only working, and would eventually just turn my phone off to get away from it all for a little while.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
constant change of plans
It's a Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 8, 2018
Typical day is to gather, planograms. Go off and do the resets and record time and data about the reset. Than move on to the next reset. Bosses are good enough, some employees can be hard to work with.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's just a job
N/a
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Perryton, TXApril 7, 2018
This was not a good company to work for. I stayed for twenty-three months due to not having much of any other option to get a better job. I started at $10.50/hr, which wasn't bad. But I only got one $0.50 raise out of 23 months of staying with the company. I had little to no training until I was with them for a full month. Stores were mad with the beginning services offered. Management always changed work policy and how things should be done by merchandiser reps, team leads had too much on their shoulders to deal with on a daily basis. Not enough hours, and not enough pay from this company. If you want something temporary and don't mind kissing butt, then go for it. Otherwise this job will not get you far in life. Many people quit within two weeks to a month.
Pros
Cons
Nobody knows what's going on or what should be done.
very nice company to work for
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2018
very productive and comfortable place to work.
i liked working as part of a team, to get our work done.
in my opinion S.A.S is a great company to work for, the supervisor was always available to answer any questions we might have even when our schedule was very demanding, we worked from 2 am to 10:30 am.
we build a nice rapport with the store managers
Do Not Work For SAS
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 6, 2018
I would not go to work for this company. Management is disorganized, unprofessional, and could care less about their employees. Supervisor would never return phone calls.
Left stranded for 61/2 hours in a Walmart parking lot, on the clock, because supervisor had not made any hotel reservations.
Paid out of pocket for hotel rooms for my traveling part time workers because the supervisor did not bother to make any hotel reservations.
Good job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Haleyville, ALApril 4, 2018
Good job if you like the retail aspect. Hours aren't guaranteed. For instance, your days last as long as you want them to or when you get the work done.
Pros
At your own pace. Slow work. Not stressful on the body.
Cons
Short hours. Part-time. Mental stress.
A lot of fun
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2018
This place is a blast to work at. You're stocking shelves and your bank account at the same time. The teams are fun and the staff parties are wild! Definitely recommend
Great team work and benefits.
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 30, 2018
Early mornings starting at 5 am to make it to work on time. Focused, we split into teams wear we successfully completed the task of the day. The hardest part about the job was being away from home for such a long time.
Worst place ever
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZMarch 28, 2018
Here in arizona they dont care if you have a family or another job. They stack on the work and is unorganized to complete their task. Leads are lazy and power hungry, work your tail off for low pay.. Never work for them, all lies they tell you at the interview
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Short breaks, lack of team work. Work enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAS Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight