SAS Retail Services Employee Reviews

Lack of quality management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 20, 2018
The managers are related. There is no opportunity for advancement. They offer no raises. And there is no guarantee on how many hours you will get a week.
Fast paced and fun
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 20, 2018
I enjoyed the variety of different places and projects
I worked independently for the most part
It was fast paced
There was no room for advancement.
Management was terrible
No PTO or raises
Lots of unpaid, unreimbursed driving
Pros
Every day was different
Cons
Low pay, poor management, too much driving at my own expense
Productive and fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAJuly 20, 2018
It was nice working here. But there is a lot of things that i don't like. One day i ask my superviser which benefits they have she said nothing it's Partime job. So just work hard for money with no benefits is like discouraged sometimes...
Pros
There's no free lunch
Terrible company
Retailer (Former Employee) –  MontanaJuly 20, 2018
I was hired for 32 hours a week and not told I would need to travel. They pay a whopping 30 cents a mile after the first 30 miles. Not worth it. Look elsewhere.
Cons
They want you to work hard for a little bit of money
Inventory Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2018
I'm never working here again, you do all this work for a little bit of money or travel so far. the money that you make can't even pay none of your bills or try to get your apartment on anyting. I loved it at the beginning but then it went downhill I was with SAS for 3 years, just sad I had to go.
Don't bother with this outfit
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 18, 2018
Some days the reset or cut ins will take 4 or 5 hrs (fine) Other days it could be 10 + hrs. It depends on how busy SAS is and how many employees show up on any given day. So if 5 show up instead of a full crew of 10 the # resets for that day stays the same and your there until your are all done ( 10 hrs).
Pros
like the work
Cons
Bad Bad Management
Run-don't walk.
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 13, 2018
If you are working on a Walmart team you will be expected to meet sales requirements that don't align with Walmart's policies. There's a good chance you will be hired as a merchandiserr but expected to do sales work for the same pay.

Lots of issues with chain of command and expectations between what SAS trains to do and what the client wants you to do-so you will constantly be fighting to figure out what the priorities are.

Basically expect to make less then the federal minimum wage once you factor in the excessive commute of 1 hour each way without pay and very very low mileage reimbursement program.

There is a good chance you will be expected to accomplish 6 hours of work in 3 hours....so be prepared to have to skip tasks or kill yourself to get all of the work done.

Team leads (client) will never properly communicate and you will always be the last to know and the first one to be held accountable.

Some managers will go above and beyond to do what they can to help you with the very limited amount of ability they have. Some will throw you to the lions every chance they get.

Expect to never get a raise and new hires to make more money then you do....

If you are a woman expect to be paid even less....(yes I did)

Expect to drive over 30,000 miles a year and spend half of your paycheck on gas/maintenance/repairs.

Expect to use your home as a storage facility and your car as well,

And expect to do all of this on your own dime because the company just wont pay....
Pros
Vacation
Cons
everything else
Hard working? Great job to move up in!
Rise Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 13, 2018
Job required a lot of focus and shift begins at 5am, Mon-Fri. I started as a regular crew member, organizing shelves and helping customers. Then i got moved up to Rise Team Lead, and became in charge of delegating daily task for my crew regularly every work morning.
I Love Merchandising it's one of my favorites
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 10, 2018
Merchandising involves traveling city to cities and states to states ,working fun projects,while making great money ,meeting new people across the world is what I love the most about merchandising.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hour breaks
Never got paid
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New castle paJuly 9, 2018
This company is a joke management contradicts what they say they paid 30 cents a mile way below what it’s gonna cost u on wear and tear on a vehicle I worked this job for two weeks and realized something wasn’t quite right ..... so I quit...... it’s been a month they won’t return my call and I have yet to get paid for all that gas I put in my car the miles that I built up on it .... let alone the time I actually worked stay away from this place if they call run!!!
Pros
They just give u a iPad and u go on your own
Cons
Fast paced, a little strenuous
Sas Retail Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 5, 2018
Fast paced, strenuous work, but fair. Tools maybe required for the job, it’s best to have a pen, tape measure, and scraper. Cleaning, restocking, and lifting is necessary as well
Pros
Travel, laid back
Cons
Long hours possibly
Very nice company to work for
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Levelland, TXJuly 2, 2018
A typical day at work would begin at 7 in the morning and last until my team was done with that days set. The hours are not guaranteed which is not ideal but with the people and environment I worked with it is an overall great work day. The hardest part of the job is moving shelves to meet standards of planagrams. Sometimes things do not look like theyre suppose to and make work a little more difficult.
Pros
Lovely people to work with
Cons
Things have to be done in a certain time limit or management complains.
good
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  northeast USJune 25, 2018
good company to work for if you don't mind being away from home during the week. most of the work is night shift when stores are closed so remodel can take place.
fast past
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 24, 2018
Sas retail services merchandising is long hours, two days home out of the week. As well as a lot of manual labor. you live out of a suitcase and in and out of hotels.
Pros
vacation, pay
Cons
long hours, hardly home
Great job if your able to work early morning
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 23, 2018
It was a great job, i would definitely recommend to a friend. you would be working with a crew and team captain and you would ave a section to complete sometimes with a partner and you would have a piece of mind and be able to get the job done sometimes with no help at all
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
n/a
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 19, 2018
not a happy company raises are few and far between and very low fifteen to twenty five cents at a time. change the rules constantly one day this is ok next week its not
Pros
Cons
low pay
Never work here.
SAS Retail Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 18, 2018
I had the worst experience with this company. They're unreliable and offer u advancements and don't tell u if u are getting the position or is someone else got it over you. Talk about a self esteem dropper!
Traveling Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  PAJune 18, 2018
Just no. Was recommended this job by friends and called the number they gave me. I was hired within maybe 15 minutes. Set up a time and day to meet to take care of paperwork. No drug test. I don’t even know if they do a background check. I mainly worked days but there were the occasional over nights. Training is “let’s send you some where and have you learn as you work by yourself and oh yeah you have a time restriction so don’t take too long trying to figure what you’re doing even though you have no idea what you’re doing.” Work is easy once you know what you’re doing but they are always throwing curveballs and have you doing something new. Co workers are unreliable. Management is unreliable. Work is unreliable and inconsistent. Get your work schedule on saturday afternoon or sometimes sunday and then you have to leave that same sunday and drive to wherever to check into the hotel. Mileage compensation is not enough. You’re away from home Sunday afternoon - Friday night so it’s rough if you have a family. Hard to take only a couple days off without having to take the whole week off if you’re a traveling merchandiser. Good luck getting a raise. I could go on. I really could. The only reason i gave that extra star is because sometimes they send you somewhere cool. Honestly though I have a headache just thinking about this job.
Work at various supermarkets like Stop and Shop on Staten Island
Manager (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 12, 2018
Good job, not always full-time, advanced to higher positions along with being recruited back to previous employer's at higher positions after leaving. Most important to me is full-time employment in a challenging friendly environment, with medical benefits. Hard working, personable individual, that get's along with co-worker's. Problem solving manager, hardest part of job is the physical labor. Work day's are leading a team to their assignments and following up on team's progress. Learned how to lead people to complete their tasks without yelling or demeaning manor's. Upper management I have found does not lay down correct daily mission's that I have to take upon myself to fill the void. People are enjoyable but there is no challenge for me.

Pros
Cons
not always full time, off holiday's for week at a time
job is ok
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  AllentownJune 10, 2018
over all, an ok job. pay is definitely to low for the work you do. its a very physical position. hours are too early in the morning way too many miles driven with little compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAS Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

1.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight