SAS Retail Services logo

2.5Pay & Benefits

Found 502 reviews matching the search.See all 1,397 reviews

SAS Retail Services insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Easy job just a lot of mess

Job was fun and easy. Just have to travel long distance. Mamagers are lame and most of the time they do not have a clue what they are doing. Some times you will have altercations with other employees

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Managers

Good environment, level headed associates

It was a good job with fair pay. Team Lead was an excellent leader, and fair. Management above him, not so much. Company pays for mileage, but only over a certain amount.

Pros

Pay rate, meet interesting people, never stay in one store.

Cons

Mileage pay, pay increases

The higher ups have no clue what’s going on

It’s hard to get a response from my supervisor until 2-3 days after I call him. He is overworked and can’t manage all of the stores and employees he has. The work is monotonous and compensation is minimal for driving.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Not enough compensation for travel

You are always moving

SAS is a great place to work. I you like to be on the move and always doing different things every week. If you like to work hours you are ok with working for 12.00 an hour it's for you.

Pros

Paid travel.

Cons

Long days.

Good place with flexible schedule

Decent pay and work life balance. Isn't a fulltime job but it has some potential as some extra cash on the side. If you're looking for part time, then this is the job.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

No raise,

This company doesn’t care about thereEmployees, work during the Covid and no bonuses. Worked a year had an Evaluation this company gives evaluations and no raise. No Bonuses. They hire new employees for more then what current employees are getting. We are pay less.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No raise and no Bonuses.

Independence. Flexibility to work around your personal schedule.

Love working this type of job. Flexibility working around my personal schedule like with kids and pick up drop offs and appointments. Paid between stores for travel. I like working independently.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Could be paid more for labor intensive type of job it is.

Not a bad job

First I love this job. Pay could be way better due to the amount of driving done and the bad compensation you get for mileage. But the actual work is fun. The management i had with the team i was on was AMAZING. The Monday thru Thursday 7 to 2 schedule was amazing as a parent because that gave my more time with my kids. If gas prices weren't so high and pay was better I would still be working for them.

Pros

Work is fun, schedule

Cons

Pay, mileage pay

Amazing place to work. Highly recommend

I loved my time here at SAS. It was short lived but the company and all team members had values that I appreciated and cherished. We never actually really worked with anyone but when being on the phone for meetings the team was amazing. Management cares. They give generous pto after 90 days. Hours are eight hours everyday as long as you choose that. It’s nice easy steady income

If you enjoy setting things up for people to destroy, this is for you.

Covid has influenced this review. I had aalready been warned when I applied that there is no real pathway to advancement. Of course there isn't, you just take stuff off a shelf and put it back, but when SAS froze wages at the start of covid it was an incredible way for those at the top to earn more. SAS did not shut down or even slow down, shifts actually became longer, as long as they didn't get you over time, they were happy. In my state, minimum wage went up as scheduled, 3 months into the pandemic and 3 months from now it will increase another $0.75. That will be $1.50/hr increase while SAS employees do not even receive a cost of living increase. I was well over minimum wage on my first day with SAS but soon, I will make $0.25/hr over minimum wage. The increases in costs related to the minimum wage increase from last year, the other price increases related to a Democrat presidential win (always happens and never helps anyone in the world, just creates warm fuzzy happy feelings as people starve), have hurt most of us SAS employees who continue to keep shelves stocked during the pandemic and are shown absolutely no appreciation or support. Yay, can't afford health insurance, company insurance is a joke and costs too much, food is getting expensive, gas to work is a lot more expensive, everything costs more and only the management is comfortable.

Jobs at SAS Retail Services

See more jobs
Merchandisers Needed! Start Immediately!
Hanover, MD
1 day ago
Ready to apply? Get help updating your resume through Indeed

Great Easy, Light, Fun Work!

SAS is a great easy, light and fun place to work.The schedules are morning/ day shift and are perfect for balancing family and work life.Salary could be better, and will improve within the next few years. The benefits system is needing a drastic upgrade, imo.Everyone I’ve ever worked with on every team I’ve have been on have been amazing and I have made a lot of good friends.Working in a family environment every morning, then going home to your actual family later on in the afternoon is such a positive experience!

Pros

Workload, coworkers, environment

Cons

Benefits need a boost, salary could be better

Terrible Management team and HR department was even worse

Management does not communicate with the accounts, so that merchandisers are left to put out fires, for pennies in compensation. You are required to travel hundreds of miles a week, and they pay you $0.15/ mile. I was paid late, not given a pay stub, not paid, and waited 2 months for approval of the raise I was promised, all in the 10 weeks that I worked for SAS. Their lack of communication and nonpayment eventually forced me to resign (which might have been what they wanted)... Steer clear!

Not great

You're not trained very well, lots of traveling with no reimbursement for gas, you work alone. Managers aren't very helpful. All communications are sent via email.Training videos, 2 days of in-person training, and documents aren't helpful. I feel like we should get much more thorough training for the work we're expected to do.

It’s okay

I took this job so I had weekends off, it’s not bad hours or pay. Full time associates get paid holidays plus for Christmas you get 2 weeks off, thanksgiving you get 1 week and Easter you get a week off.

Nothing good

Poor Management in office , associates are not paid any where near their value, they claim lots of room for growth yet their field management team "re-news" yearly and more times than not if you care about people this is where your career ends. A lot of hens in the hen house cackling

Cons

Low pay mostly part time no benefits

Pretty much what you would expect out of these types of jobs

Job can be quite challenging buy yet super boring at time,since the pandemic,having to wear a mask and not being to wear shorts during the summer time,due to the nasty weather here in Florida,has made the job even more annoying.having to zone each category you scan and having rude customers unravel the zoning you just spent 1/2 hour of your time,is not life rewarding.overall,you can say,it’s just a job.

Pros

Benefits are reasonable.limited supervision, which is great, pto very generous but restricted

Cons

Having to wait biweekly to get paid, repetitive work, traffic killing time, company doesn’t ask for employee I put just loves delegating

Not recommended employer. See review for full details.

They do not want you to do the work that their customers are paying us to do, but to unofficially of course fake much of it and to fake it quickly to minimize employee paid time. I was literally told I was doing too much work by actually doing what SAS customers were paying us to do in my assigned locations. SAS would prefer to pay me 3 hours less daily and hope their customers don't know weren't not doing the job properly. There is a real disconnect between what their customers expect and what employees are told to do.A full time job with not full time hours and only .15¢ mileage reimbursement for only a small portion of traveling effectly reduces pay by several dollars an hour and the wear and tear on our vehicles is excessive.

Pros

Within reason can work around necessary appointments.

Cons

See review. I would not recommend this employer.

Very flexible schedule

This is my retirement job and I love it. I chose to work one day a week and I chose the time. My manager is very supportive and responsive. I love working in the different stores in my area.

Pros

flexible

Cons

minimum wage

Don’t waste your time working for them it’s not worth it.

My supervisor was horrible towards scheduling me for different locations to work at, before I took the job they asked me if I could to nearby locations based on where I live but that changed as soon as I took the job. Don’t waste your time working for them it’s not worth it.

The work is not stable. It is pretty much impossible to make a living when you never know what hours you will be working from day to day.

It is very easy to get a job with this company but, there is no predictability from day to day hours wise. Casual attire. Requires good organizational skills and attention to detail. Can be some pretty heavy lifting & often, there is freezer work with no advanced warning.

Pros

No weekends, no micromanaging, casual attire.

Cons

Again, no predictability. If you just need a little extra cash, it’s fine. Low wage. No benefits.

Depends on your supervisor

Nice job for younger folk as a stepping stone but it depends on your boss some are helpful and personable others aren't professional its a risk as well to your vehicle they have you cover a lot of different states

Pros

Reliable checks

Cons

Not enough pay for mileage and gas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAS Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SAS Retail Services.
Powered byComparably