SRA International Employee Reviews

SRA had a coordinated work team
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day involved reviewing the error logs with the DBA and learning what was involved in the day to day activities.
I learned the DBA role had many different facets to it and it was very interesting to me.
The workplace culture was good and the environment was productive.
The hardest part was trying to learn all the DBA activities that were not familiar to me but were still challenging.
The most enjoyable part was getting to watch pilots/planes practice for air shows,
Pros
Able to leave for lunch
Company good, management sucked
Desktop Support / PC Technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 31, 2017
Management was all about politics and favorites.
SRA itself was a decent company for benefits but they had no control over its managers in the field.
Excellent Workplace Culture
IT Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 21, 2017
I worked for SRA over 30 years. One of the reasons I stayted with the company so long is because of all the opportunities afforded to me to advance in the Information Technology field.

They provided excellent benefits and the corporate culture was outstanding as the corporate motto at the time I worked there was Honesty and Service.

My experience at the company on the many projects I worked and the various managers demonstrated the the company culture was indeed exhibited by both executive, program, and project management.
Pros
Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
N/a
relaxed job environment
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2017
Worked an 8 hour day analyzing data for the CDC. I learned further clerical and records management skills. The environment was relaxed . The job was very customer service based. i loved everyday of it.
Pros
appreciationI
Cons
short breaks
Personable employees with ample work opportunities
IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 22, 2017
SRA is a highly competitive company that seeks qualified personnel. Management positions are strongly vetted and assistance is readily available. The workplace environment varies from location to location. However, the constant is great employee attitudes.
Fun place to work
Administrative Support Sp (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2017
Team work was a plus. The ability to talk to superiors was accessible which made coming to work a great place. Your ideas and suggestion were highly valued.
Pros
Having managers who cared.
comfortable environment
Cyber Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJune 15, 2017
overall great company. spent 5 years with them with no disappointments. Provided plenty of training opportunities for growth. Allowed for internal movement for growth.
How I considered my position
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 7, 2017
I really enjoyed my job. I had the opportunity to meet people on all levels of law enforcement and I also travelled instructing these law enforcement officers how to use various software.
I was a little disappointed when I left my position, but I understand the corporate world.
I would recommend SRA as a good place for employment, maybe not just were I was. There are many other job opportunities within the company.
Pros
Employees and given the opportunty to learn
Cons
It's a Government Contractual job.
great place to work very diverse population of
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2017
Good place to work. Good pay and management was supportive of staff. Its great place to work very diverse population of staff and clients. enjoyed working there.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
part time job.
Enrollment Specialist
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits, great people. Flexible schedule.
This happy environment helped us workers to better assist our clients.
SRA takes care of it's employees.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Inexperienced Managers
Enjoyed working here
Unix Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 17, 2017
Good Benefits, management, however they needed more ability to move people around internally. Overall a good company to work for. I would work for them again.
Professional company with excellent reputation
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 14, 2017
CSRA is a reputable company with a excellent supervisory staff committed to customer service and satisfaction. Excellent benefits and Human Resources team. Supervisory staff is motivated and committed to maintaining goals and well being of employees.
Deployed Regularly
CALEB / IWA (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 7, 2017
Money is good if you like being deployed to hostile locations for 4-6 months or more at a time. Work/life balance is not actually there due to the limited personnel actually able or willing to deploy.
Slow decline
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 4, 2017
Company merged two years ago, since then - no pay raises, benefits have been slashed yet advertising has increased. Priorities are all wrong here. Used to offer frequent in person training sessions - no more.
Affordable Care Act Rep
Federally Certified In-Person Assistor for US HHS (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 30, 2017
Feels truly awesome to be able to assist people acquire badly needed Health care coverage for badly needed services and rates they can afford. The training program prepared me to handle everything I have come in contact with.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
seasonal work
SRA provides its employees the opportunity to grow.
Principal ESM Architect (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 22, 2017
SRA provides its employees the opportunity to grow, recognizes employee contributions, and appropriately rewards its employees. The work environment puts emphasis on teamwork.
flexible working environment
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 20, 2017
flexible working environment
typical day starts with meetings with stake holders. Gathering requirements. Data modeling, mock up user interface. Get user feed back
Leading IT service provider to US government entities.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 15, 2017
Built a culture of accountability and strong desire to win in the markets that firm targeted. SRA provided an industry leading on-boarding program that put employees of all disciplines in a position to win.
Pros
Defined business processes & autonomy to succeed in role.
Cons
Contract-based employees on all levels.
A typical day at work
Vietnamese Bilingual Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 12, 2017
It took me around 50 minutes to drive from my house to the working place. The calling center located in the building of SRA company in Durham, NC . It was equipped with desks, telephones, computers ... Each of us had a small booth with a computer screen and a telephone with microphone. First we logged in our account and punch time then we began to call people in a provided list, They are fishers, working people, local people ...living in the states closed to the Gulf of Mexico such as Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. There were formatted questions and answers mostly regarding health problems. We just read all of them and clicked on the number or letter according to the answer of the interviewee. Every week we had a quick meeting with the case manager or the onsite manager right in the calling center. He would inform the progress of the project, praise some interviewer having the high number of call during the week. My name was often raised because I completed many interviews. We work around 6 to 8 hours per day. It depended on the availability of the interviewees and the demand of the managers. We clocked out after our shift done . The work was a bit similar everyday, but I had a chance to communicate with different people.
Pros
Communication Skill
Cons
Working environment
Great work environment and fun place to work
Database Administrator Sr (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 6, 2017
SRA now CSRA provides a great work environment for her employees where they can effectively grow and develop their skills while making great contributions to the company and their clients