STG International Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Meeting Coordinator/Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 28, 2018
My typical day started with meetings and offering assistance from Metro fare cards to reserving conference rooms. On an average day I would see 50 to 100 people per day (face to face or conversations over the phone). Each day was different due to the large population in the building. Persons that I interacted with had various questions and concerns.

Conference rooms were secured for a day or several days. The client needed support with video conferencing, room set up/breakdown or catering, etc.

Employees came daily and weekly for their monthly Metro fare cards.Daily I would service 100 or more person within in a 4 hour period with collection and distribution of fare cards.

This job kept me very busy which is what I like doing.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Lacking in a few areas
RN (Current Employee) –  CalifornaSeptember 1, 2018
Communication from company is not good, had to get multiple things clarified throughout the hiring process. Getting in touch with someone for questions or concerns is always difficult. The pay is not very good and is not comparable to the average in the area. The benefits are expensive. The hours are good, the job is decent, just wish there was more incentive for employees, but it appears the high turnover due to lower pay and no alternative incentives does not matter. Most gov't contract companies pay very well, this company underpays by almost $10/hr. And the "tuition assistance" they advertise does not even cover 1 class.
Pros
Hours, job, co-workers are great
Cons
Pay is low, benefits are expensive, no other incentives for employees
Stinky Garbage
Cyber Center Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 21, 2018
Work for a place employing high school drop outs that still live in their parents basement high on a power trip. This is a failure in leadership at its finest the Military should've never hired this company.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
Managment, leadership, training
Great management, horrible co-worker
Security Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZOctober 24, 2018
The management is awesome. They can give you chances to get better. However the co-workers act like high schoolers. They complain about everything and they try to get you fired.
Multi-tasked & High Production
Federal Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 12, 2018
High volume of work - Management was in close communication of employees - workplace culture was extremely pleasant - fast-paced environment where I was commended on continually accomplishing goals and deadlines. Enjoy every aspect of this job.
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 17, 2018
Great colleagues and a nice environment. A few lead folks could use some updating and we could move away from some of the virtualization but still a good place to work.
Leaders without leadership skills training
Early Childhood Specialist for Head (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Poor choices made by corporate for coordinators. However, there was respect from the CEO and the corporate managers. The freedom to create your own schedule and connect with directors of head start programs.
The hardest part of the job was the micro managing of the direct manager and coordinator who spoke very little english.
Job was boring and need better management
Lead Senior System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAFebruary 28, 2018
Typical day at work was imaging and conducting IA briefing's. Management made decision's without feedback from working source. The hardiest part was moving computers to different locations.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of working communication
Great place to work.
Grantee Performance Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I worked from a home office and traveled to provide training and technical assistance to Head Start Programs in Texas. STG provided all of the necessary training and materials to do a good job.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
A lot of travel.
Overview
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Lumpkin, GAJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day at work is a busy productive day but interesting. The workplace culture is diverse which provides a good learning atmosphere for individuals who would like learn another language.
Pros
Various cultures
Cons
Long commute
fun workpalce
NMCSD Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2017
fun place to work for and get to meet new people all the time because your working with the military. Management is great. It's time hard to get into due to background check. So it can take as little as 2 weeks up to months.
Government environment
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 14, 2017
Company specializes in government contracts. Company offered training. Typical workday was very structured. Staff is very helpful. I learned a lot about the government hiring process.
Pros
Conpetetive
Cons
Contract Employment
Great recruiting
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 22, 2017
STG International did a wonderful job recruiting me, their staff was very well informed and helped me to get hired as a contractor within 2-3 weeks. Great company!!
Knowledgeable work area
Personnel Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2017
My first day working with the current client has enhance my ability to deductive reasoning. Everyday is a challenge that I do not mind taking on, this is a great environment.
Pros
My coworkers, the client, and the atmosphere of job location.
Love my job
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 21, 2017
During the 20 years I have been working here at the Naval Branch Health Clinic Mid-South I have learn so much and been able to work with military staff and helping them get their dental work done so that they can be deployable. For the last 4 years I am the manager for all the referrals that go out to the civilian doctors that a patient needs some dental work done.
Pros
working with military
Cons
Seeing them transfer
Government contract work.
Senior Technical Trainer/Writer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 30, 2017
Government contract work. Wrote and edited multiple documents. Workplace was pleasant. People were enjoyable to work with. Management was fair and easy to work for. Low stress.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Government contract work
Great people in charge of our contract
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 6, 2017
I had a great experience working for STGi. I found the company to be very fair to their employees. We worked hard but also got compensated well. I was always treated with respect by management...They always responded to any questions and/or concerns in a timely manner. They offered me a good benefit package. Unfortunately, I moved away and had to leave the company. I would totally work for them again and would definitely recommend them.
Good company to work, stable income
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2017
This is a solid company with several years of experience in the market offering qualified work force for the federal Government, the compensation is good and stable, the environment is nice.
Pros
All year holidays paid
Cons
Just 10 days of vacation yearly.
Unhappy place
Senior Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 31, 2017
Back when i worked there there was much dissatisfaction with Senior Management. This resulted in almost a coup-like culture - but there never was a coup.
Excellent
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 3, 2017
STG International is the best place to work. The Information Technology department was not able to expand to keep us after the contract expired. The was a new opening.