Saalex Solutions

Saalex Solutions Employee Reviews

United States31 reviews
Saalex
Good company to work with. I only worked with four months because I was picked up by the Army. I am am Administrative Assistant. The company really cares for their employees
Not a Bad Job
It was just that. Not a bad job. It was easy work for decent pay, not for the area though. People who have been there can be entitled/annoying. But overall not a completely bad place. Easy to get complacent.
Basic Administrative Work
You are administrative support to the government employees. Basic administrative skills are utilized. As a contractor though it takes weeks to get your computer access. The base shuts down every year for one week at Christmas time.
Very productive working environment
Great transition into the Civilian work force. Great way to learn the different roles of Gov contracting, while working alongside with Gov personnel. Allowed for smooth transition into Gov. Civil Service.
Excellent company to work for
Excellent company to work for. Employee owned company! Paid time off, federal holidays, tuition reimbursement, travel, corporate events, advancement opportunities, 401k matching.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Leave a review. Help people like you.
A decent foot in the door for the defense industry
A Typical work day; With the position I had a t the time it varied it depended on the needs of the program manager I was supporting. Hours often varied and often exceeded 40 hours a week.

What I learned: Consistent communication with customers is very important in preventing misunderstandings. The importance with meeting with customers multiple times throughout the week to address upcoming issues and addressing them prior to them becoming issues. For conflict resolution it is best to focus on resolving the issue than placing blame on others.

Management: Management was very laid back and would rarely yell at employees if errors occurred with work. When issues arouse employees were not thrown under the bus management focused on addressing the issues rather than pointing the finger.

Work place culture: The culture was fairly competitive among coworkers as opportunities for advancement were limited.

Hardest part of the Job: The pay was very low relative to other jobs on base making less than $50,000 a year in Hawaii is very difficult to live off of let alone less than $40,000.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job: Seeing how management worked with employees on addressing issues rather than casting blame on the employees
Pros
Management treated employees with respect
Cons
low pay, long hours
Excellent Company
Great Place to work. Management was very helpful and benefits were great.
I spent 300 days a year working on an Island Operating and Maintaining Equipment.
SAALEX Solutions Inc is a growing company
SAALEX is a growing company and while I worked there they had definite growing pains. The owner has a positive attitude, but the site manager was primarily responsible for our location.
Poor Management
Typical day involves creating, updating, and compiling multiple reports for review. Hardest part of the job is not knowing if you will have work through out the year, unreliable work environment.
Pros
Cons
unreliable
Decent
It's a good place to learn about programs needing to complete projects. It depends on where your location is but overall work ethic can be a little draining.
Excellent
Good company to work for since its a growing company - its a medium size company but continues to grow with better benefits each year. Another good thing is its a military vet owned company.
Pros
Cons
Contractor work - term.
Family Friendly, Outstanding Corporation to Work for. Company is Growing with room to Move up in Position
My very first civilian job since I moved in Califonia. With all the benefits that this company has to offer, I can't complain. Overall, Saalex is a Corporation that is Growing and Expanding. CEO cares about every person that works for him. A Military Veteran Heavy Program Managers and Upper Management. I started as a Logistics Technician and Now I am Running the show. Though it can be busy at times, the crew morale is still well above the average and everyone appreciate each others company. I am not an Analyst but I could see this Company going head to head with the bigger guns in the future. The loyal employees are its strength and the numbers are surely growing. You can't beat a yearly FREE, All paid Tickets, with food, to SIX FLAGS Magic Mountains!
The Upper Management Don't Micro Manage, they give you room to grow and mature.
Pros
Free family tickets to six flags magic mountains, Benefits, 401K, Great People, Military Friendly Corporation, Growth Potential
Cons
Busy Schedule, Compensation Needs Improvement, Lacking Manpower
Great environment
Great opportunities, great environment, trained in multiple aspects which broadened my overall experience in job functionalities. Also did a security job
Growing Company
As an employee of this company, you offer support services for contracts with larger companies. It's very important to have customer service skills no matter your job title. The people at Saalex are positive and easy to work with.
Challenging with a good work environment
Always challenging, never stagnant
Provided plenty of opportunity to network with other areas of the base

Work environment was professional, but close knit
Pros
Great team support
Cons
Limited oppertunities to advance to other careers
30 day unpaid Internship
Remote support for clients using ConnectWise ticketing system and LabTech software to deploy security patches and trouble shoot network issues.
IT Management using state of the art technology for companies outsourcing for their IT Business needs.
Pros
Great workplace learning opportunity
Cons
30 day internship
No comment
Company was a great place to work, the staff was a great small team for the exception of maybe a coupe of people.
The company gave me a lot of growth and opportunity to expand my skills in many ways. I feel that I grew a lot both, personal and professional.
Part time/on call
I was hired as a part time/ on call employee. The job so far is easy, everyone has been friendly and eager to help me learn. Having a young one at home i'm not too fond of the hours but it really isn't too bad.
Fast paced work
A typical day kept me busy from start to finish which is what I thrive for. Management could use some help. Not very open to listening to all employees concerns. Had their favorites that they would talk to.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
unfriendly office environment
Should be a place for SHOW business
Absolutely no place for advancement. Management consistently makes promises to show they appreciate you then breaks them to fill their pockets after stating they never made promises.

Management also hires friends and Neighbors to work for the company with no experience who also lie on job application and security clearance forms, instead of hiring people who actually are familiar with the work we do and are honest on there applications.

ex: Recently an U.S.Army vet with electronics experience who (was needed for specific position) was supposed to have a position with the company was passed up for the job because managements neighbor wanted (not needed since they had given their former job 2 weeks notice to work for Saalex) a job (who lied on apps and has no experience).

Other than old timers that have been here for 20-30 years everybody more recent are all known to each other one way or another and that's how the all hired. So a random person on the street who's qualified for the job most likely will not get it because they hire a friend or neighbor... ( I am one of them people that was hired because I knew somebody. I am knowledgeable with the work, and honest on all apps, but regret ever working for the company once all the drama was exposed)

The hardest part about the job is when there's absolutely nothing to do for weeks at a time and you're told to find something to do.

If you have any type of certifications you will not make anymore money (forklift,crane,hazmat...).

Also this is the first company I worked for that stated ONLY at their christmas party
 - more...
Pros
Hours/Leaving ontime
Cons
Everything other then hours.
Some of the best people you will ever meet work here
Management at Saalex is very kind and professional. Most people are very understanding and management does not micromanage employees. Management is always open to questions and feedback. That being said at my location advancement is generally something that occurs after someone leaves generally speaking new positions are not very frequent unless someone else has left. Most people leave due long hours and a long commute at my current location. Management if full of wonderful people however the pay is only so so for Kauai however the hours are on the long side and hours constantly change for my position so a consistent sleep schedule is hard to maintain.
Pros
Great management, Collaborative culture, Company wants to develop itself as well as its employees
Cons
Long hours, inconsistent work schedule