Saban Community Clinic Employee Reviews

Good place to work at to help others
Patient Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 25, 2018
I felt good about helping others while working there, all clients of all forms were visible and it was hard to see some things so providing whatever resources or even a smile felt like an accomplishment.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay, contract
Stressfull Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
Saban Community Clinic needs better managers in the Company need more team work and communication between Doctor and Employers better Salary, Parking Stricture is to small and if you not careful you will get a parking ticket. I don't recommend Saban Community Clinic to no one.
Board
Board Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2018
As a Board member it was our focus to set policy and raise money. We served the underprivileged in the community with routine and other healthy,lth care.
Poor appreciation of employees
DA (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2018
High turnover with little interest in retention. Dental dept lost three docs in 2017 and 2 more leaving soon. Pay is low and management has poor communication with staff and difficult to approach. Many other DAs and docs interviewing for other jobs.
Progressive organization
Senior Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2017
Typical day at work: many competing priorities
Most enjoyable part of the job: when patients are telling us the team did a good job
Hardest part of the job: workforce development
Compensation
Patient Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2017
I started working there being underpaid for the position I was doing. My received my review with exceptional marks however, no raises where given. My manager refused to hear us out on why we should receive a raise.
Cons
short breaks if any
Fast paced
Patient Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
Working at Saban Community clinic has been a pleasure, I am currently seeking other employment closer to home.
A day at work is always very busy with a fast paced environment.
I have learned many professional skills mostly with health insurances and state / county programs.
great place to work to develop growth and on hands training
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMay 20, 2017
A typical day at Saban Community Clinic would be to prepare and develop great customer service for the patients that walk through the doors looking for our help, weather it be medically or just needing someone to listen to them in there time of need. I learned so many many things about being a front desk specialist, medical insurance and patience. The hardest part about my job is not being able to provide 100% satisfactory services to all patients that enter the clinic.But the most enjoyable part of the job is working with great hard working diversity people.
Terrible place to work. Don't apply. Waste of time!
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMay 10, 2016
Leads and so-called trainers are totally unprofessional. They need to be retrained, or outright replaced. Bad communication skills. They need to learn that friends and co-workers need to separate the two relationships while on the job. This place is headed toward a massive Class Action Lawsuit. Just wait for it. There was nothing enjoyable about working there. It caused nothing but stress. A total waste of time. They need to be taught better, because they do not know how to run a business. In fact, working there was more like being back in high school. Totally awful place!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor and unprofessional management, leads and trainers
This was a nightmare company leadership horrific no training and employees where dropping like flies high turnovers the worse company.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2016
Try another company this is a nightmare that you will not wake up until you leave. No one is knowledgeable the moral of 70% of company is very low.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Horrible management, no training high turnover.
Wonderful Patients and Volunteer Providers
Employee (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2016
Saban has wonderful specialty providers who volunteer their time to serve wonderful, indigent patients. The patients are wonderful and appreciative.
2 years of happiness
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJanuary 24, 2016
My typical day consists of printing out morning, afternoon, and even schedules for our different departments. Once it hits 7:30, our double doors are open for business. We except walk-ins from 7:30am-7pm for both medical and dental services. My job consists of me pre-sceening the patients to see the exact reason for service to the appropriate doctor or nurse practitioner. We also assist homeless patients with a shower program, and have a case manager on site to help with any extra assistance. When in need of a farsi interpreter i then assist with translation. I have been with the company for over 2years, and I can honestly say i have loved each and every moment of it. I started as a temp and as soon as my assignment was done they INSTANTLY hired me.
Pros
Holiday pay, Amazing Christmas Party, Great staff
good learning enviornment but don't count on longevity
care coordiantor (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 2, 2015
In the beginning I loved working at Saban. It offered me such a great opportunity to learn so much through direct and regular contact with clinicians, nurses, therapists and patients of such varied backgrounds and needs. But during my time there so many changes were implemented without providing appropriate support. The employee turn around was insane! The original culture of patients' needs being the primary focus gave way to new rules and regulations geared at increasing revenue but only resulted in empty waiting rooms...
Pros
good place to learn if you are motivated (variety of services and departments)
Cons
lack of leadership and appropriate training, high employee turn around, low morale
Providers and staff are passionate about helping vulnerable populations
QI & Performance Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 16, 2014
Huge employee turnover, low morale, weak leadership. If you can work with the right people, you can learn so much. The patients are great and it is a privilege to help them.
Pros
Clinic closes from Christmas to New Years, great vacation benefits
Cons
Weak Leadership
You can learn so much here.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaNovember 7, 2014
There is a lot to learn at Saban Community Clinic. There is Sports Medicine, OB/GYN, Minor Surgery and Internal Medicine. They have CHDP and Cedars Care programs.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
expensive medical insurance
Wonderful work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2014
Love the clinic environment and working with the patients.
Fun upbeat place to work, with great staff
HR Generalist / Payroll & Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2014
A tyical day at work consist of serving the underserved and catering to the needs of the employees, enforcing rules and regulations at the same time creating a warm welcoming comfortable work environment. My co-workers are very supportive and we all play well as a team. The things i've learned are limitless, I attended various seminars and conferences which aided me in keeping up with constant changes in employement, leave of absences and payroll laws. The most challenging part of my job was the lack of communication from managers pertaining to their employee changes, I would often be left to scramble for answers that should have been communicated to the Human Resources Dept. What i lked most about my job were the people I worked with and my manager, she was knowledgeble in the field of Human Resource and I learned so much from her, I also enjoyed working with and getting to know the patients and the lives they live It was a very rewarding job.
Pros
One week of paid holiday from Christmas day through New Years Day
great place to help patients
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  los angeles CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2014
loved going to work co-workers, Dr, and MA's we wonderful to work with the hardest part of my job was coming in to work telling patients that had insurance they would not receive medication at our facilities. the most enjoyable part of my job was the Diabetic teaching along with Pharmacist and talking one on one with patients in need. Management could use some work here managers would not speak to the night crew on witch i was part of all my information on new items or new procedures would be told my my co-workers and never management
Giving back
Current Staff (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2013
The staff are easy going and helpful. Everyone works together creating a family atmosphere. Excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and competitive market salaries and wages.
Productive and a busy place
ex-employee (Former Employee) –  los angeles, caJuly 12, 2013
It's a good clinic but, they need new management for receptionist. The employee don't have any training they just hire them and expect them to know how the program runs in the clinic. The employees are in a lot of stress and overwhelm and look loss all the time. The wait time for the patient is horrible. Clinic needs faster service and great customer service. The call center is the worse they have you wait more than a hour to answer your call that's if they even answer your call. Patients always complain about the call center and the wait time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saban Community Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.