Saber Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 18, 2018
Great company to work for many hours available for new employees . Great benefits, great schedules , good health care benefits, retirement benefits available
Pros
Great schedules
Cons
Lots of overtime
Brunswick County NC
Hospital Laision (Current Employee) –  Brunswick County NCSeptember 5, 2018
Saber Healthcare gives each Skilled nursing facility all the tools they need to be successful. Saber allows us room to grow as a professional. Saber believes in team. Saber Healthcare Groups leaders are always available to offer assistance when they are called on.
Pros
Giving each employee the tools they need to grow in our profession
Cons
Not offering unlimited paid time off 😱
Terrible
Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PASeptember 3, 2018
Horrible place to work. The state is in at least 2x a month to check on this facility. Whitestone at one point was unable to admit residents due to the poor quality of care. BEWARE!!!!!!!.
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything else
New management really trying to make a difference
LPN (Current Employee) –  Saluda, NCSeptember 1, 2018
New administrator and DON that really care about their employees and residents. They are doing a great job making changes to improve work atmosphere and resident life. They work with staff to make positive changes.
Pros
Excellent wages, great work atmosphere, 12 hour shifts
Cons
Cost of meals, quality of food
Wonderful Place to Work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Drexel, NCAugust 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to come to work everyday and enjoy what I do! This is our residents home and we are all one big family! Some days are more stressful then others, but that comes with any job.
Pros
The residents and my co workers
Terrible work environment
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Peckville, PAAugust 28, 2018
The only thing good about working there worth residence all the staff or horrible half the time you ended up doing doubles train make you do triples and expect you to come back in after 8 hours off you know nice words at all for this place it is a horrible horrible place run while you can
Terrible Company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 27, 2018
Terrible company, Don't care about the residents or the employees. Very self centered with no room for growth. Also extremely micromanaged. All things must be done the way the corporate office says, no room for autonomy.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
everything else
Think twice
LPN (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 27, 2018
Do you currently get paid for holidays and/or shift differential? Do you know what your job expectations are and are given the support needed to do your job? Are you given the correct tools to do your job efficiently and effectively? If you answer yes to any of these questions and have come accustomed to having these things necessary to do your job, then I wouldn't work for Saber. While working in the medical field, there is always going to be something that makes the job more difficult, but working for this facility makes a tough job even harder. There is no incentive or compensation to work holidays, Sundays, or different shifts. You're pretty much working on your own with very little to no support from the higher ups, but are made to feel that they are always there to help you that is unless you need help. There is little to no communication and if there is a problem, it is often told to others and not necessarily the person who may need to know to correct the issue. Also, there is a lack of accountability with expectations changing frequently and sometimes daily. Admissions are taken without regard to correct staffing and/or training staff to take care of those who may need special accommodations, such as increased fall risk, dementia with behaviors, etc. This best part of the day are the residents and taking care of them to the best of our ability and resources, but the company does seem to appreciate those who are the meat and potatoes of their operation.
Pros
the residents, great pay
Cons
lack of communication, no holiday pay, lack of support from management
London Health and Rehab was a nice place to work at. It had some team work, and the residents were very nice.
STNA (PRN) (Former Employee) –  London, OHAugust 21, 2018
I would recommend people there. Some days were very frustrating, but overall the stnas got through it. Some nurses were very nice and some were also very rude.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
Great place to work!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundore, PAAugust 10, 2018
In the short time that i have being working here dont have nothing bad to say about it... The supervisor are so friendly they help you if u need them the co-workers actually help each other for real is a really good plece to work.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
People coming late for their regular shift.
Terrible company to work for.
Liaison (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 10, 2018
Dishonesty runs rampant at Saber Health. It is a very poorly managed company. There is little to no training for new employees. Job titles change, hours change, terms of employment change, job expectations change and there is never anything given in writing. Management is cutthroat and cliquey. Salaried employees are treated like indentured servants - Expected to work around the clock with no clear cut hours of employment. The company's reputation precedes it. If you decide to work here, don't say you haven't been warned. One piece of advice: Document every conversation had with members of management. Even better advice: RUN.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement within the company.
Cons
Low pay, long hours, a backbiting, cliquey environment and below board business practices.
Loveable residents, caring staff
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 9, 2018
No matter what your role, you end up becoming attached to the residents. Most of them are loveable endearing people. They look to you for care and support and you are happy to give it.
Not a place to work if you care about providing quality care to your residents
Staff (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 4, 2018
Like many new staff, I started at this facility excited about my job and providing care to my residents, but quickly realized the laziness, drama and lack of compassion of the other staff. If you work hard, you'll be an outcast. It will break your heart to see how residents are rudely treated and neglected but worse yet, none of the supervisors hold anyone accountable, so bad attitude and bad care continue. Staff argue and belittle residents and fight with each other. Nurse supervisor does nothing to address. Most times you will see staff sitting on IPhones or eating or outside smoking. This is priority over resident care.
Pros
Residents are nice. No pressure to be productive
Cons
Bad benefits. Horrible management. No accountability
Don’t do it! Run in the opposite direction
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHAugust 2, 2018
Horrible place to work. High DON turnover makes you wonder why , and who is really running the nursing department. Maybe the non nursing administrator. Just a thought:-(
Run and don't look back
Resident Care Director (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 1, 2018
The "DESIRED CULTURE" in Personal Care means you must submit to brown nosing, manipulation, passive aggressive behavior, disrespectful employees, poor management, 24/7 on call without any incentive ( and believe me they will call you 10x a night) You receive salary, but you will work over 40hrs once again without any incentive. 11-7 staff sleep 6hrs out of the 8hrs of their shift, employees stay on the clock and attend other employees birthdays when supposed to be providing care to residents, employees come and go as they please...etc. In conclusion it's a CIRCUS and administration is the RING LEADER.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Administration, non-union, no structure, no OT, back stabbing, lying, favoritism
Best nursing home I've worked at.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duncannon, PAJuly 20, 2018
For the most part good team work. Administration is friendly and actually takes the time to learn your name and talk to you like more than just someone who makes them money. I can honestly say I have had more good days than bad while working here.
Pros
Willing to work with personal scheduling issues within reason
Cons
Physically demanding
Excellent support
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 14, 2018
Excellent support & very good people to work with. Learned new accounting systems. Worked extensively with Medicaid and VA benefits .Wonderful group of residents.
Pros
close to home, happy working conditions
Cons
older building
Productive, fun environment
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  Biscoe, NCJuly 14, 2018
Saber is a good company to work for although somewhat unrealistic with day to day expectations. The hardest part of the job is getting good communication from the top.
Pros
nice facility. good administrator
Cons
advancement within the company is hard due to a small number of positions
Great leadership but lack on things I needed from Marketing side to grow business
Regional Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2018
I love my boss, he was awesome and taught me allot about succeeding in the business. We cared about our residents and it felt great and rewarding to do a good job for families and patients.
Pros
Great Leadership
Cons
Lack of materials to grow the business
Hated working for this company.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weber City, VAJuly 8, 2018
The management cares about nothing more than money. There is very little room for advancement and pay what raises there are, aren't worth it. Management is very unprofessional. I do not recommend working for this company. Go elsewhere if you want a good paying job that is worth your time, and that you don't dread going to work every day. I am happy I got out of this place when I did.
Pros
Cons
poor management, terrible raise amounts, always drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saber Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight