Saber Healthcare Employee Reviews

Hated working for this company.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weber City, VAJuly 8, 2018
The management cares about nothing more than money. There is very little room for advancement and pay what raises there are, aren't worth it. Management is very unprofessional. I do not recommend working for this company. Go elsewhere if you want a good paying job that is worth your time, and that you don't dread going to work every day. I am happy I got out of this place when I did.
Pros
Cons
poor management, terrible raise amounts, always drama
Fair Place to work with Good Leadership
NHA (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJune 5, 2018
This is a fair place to work and the upper level saber Management is very good. This company has great policies and resources to help you have a successful building.
Pros
Vast Resources
Cons
Typical Helathcare issues..
Review
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
Fast paced, demanding work. Very caring staff who daily go above and beyond for all patients that they care for on the floors. High degree of stress.
worst job i have had in years
floor tech (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCMay 23, 2018
This company needs to over hall it's whole crew from the administrator on down....Friends of friends....If you get a job there you know a friend. Doesn't matter if your qualified....I worked for a housekeeping manager that knew nothing and expected me to do it all while she walked around and throw orders....disrespected you and all........but certain people can do whatever they want..........
Pros
Nice Building
Cons
Need to get some people who know what their doing
C.N.A. nursing assistant
evening C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 23, 2018
I only worked there for 2 months and i would never recommend this facility to anyone.Nurses don't help they can't too busy I left because most of the older cna's don't do anything but stand at the nurses station and complain. lights going off the few good cna's were talked about and never helped.
Pros
Cons
NO RESPECT FOR THOSE WE ARE PAID TO CARE FOR no holidays
Terrible, run away
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saluda, NCMay 13, 2018
This is and old run down filthy building. Most of the rooms are in need of major repair. This company will admit anyone as long as they have a payer source. Alot of the residents they admit are psych patients. Some of the staff are not trained to take care of the type residents that are being admitted. Most of the administrative staff spend the day gossiping or smoking. The corporate consultants come in and bully and belittle the staff instead of providing support. I would not let my dog spend an hour in the facility as a patient, let alone a loved one.
great coworkers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drexel, NCApril 29, 2018
had some great coworkers when working second shift. third shift was less enjoyable. difficult balancing work and school as I was required to work every other weekend, three days straight. I was diagnosed with strep throat the day I was scheduled to work, the nurses did not care and expected me to come in without treatment. I constantly had to stay several hours, sometimes almost a full shift past my shift because there were not enough CNAs or people would not show up
Pros
fun environment on second shift
Cons
some staff were not very friendly
The worst job experience I have had in almost 25 years of nursing
Director of Nursing, RN (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 15, 2018
Saber paid me, and other Directors of Nursing, VERY well. Perhaps they have to do that to get anyone to stay in this horrendous job? The corporate nurse I worked with was a yelling, lying, ego maniac. I can't stress how bad this was. The nurses and aides would work so hard, I felt bad for them and would go in on weekends to help out. They didn't pay nurses well, and were very short on RNs. I would have to go in to work in the middle of the night and on weekends to hang IVs. I very quickly burned out with all the hours they expected. Toward the end, they wanted me to come in for 12 hours on sat and 12 hours on a sun so they could admit a patient that required Q 1 hour IV push meds, and they didn't have any RNs to work those hours. I had already worked 6 days in a row and was exhausted. I turned in my 30 day notice, and worked every bit of it, but they still cheated me out of a week vacation pay they owed me. I didn't get my job offer in writing, so had no written proof, and suddenly, everyone who had been involved with giving me the extra vacation days as an incentive "couldn't remember" , even one that I had considered a friend. If you do decide to take a position with them, GET ALL DETAILS SIGNED IN AN OFFER LETTER. Never again Saber.
Pros
good DON pay
Cons
everything else
Good Overall
DIRECTOR OF REHABILITATION SERVICES (Former Employee) –  West Union, OHApril 4, 2018
I enjoyed the time I worked at Saber. The People who I work with were very helpful and friendly. There was a high turn over rate of staff at my last location for Saber thus making it kind of hard to make a very cohesive team.
Pros
Benifits, Salary, Pto
Cons
Retintion
Resident's make my day
LPN (Former Employee) –  VAApril 1, 2018
Management at the facility is like a revolving door. Nurses come and go. Polices change on a whim. The best part is getting to know your residents and their family members.
Saber
LPN (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 26, 2018
The facility i work for is wonderful itself, but the company Saber does not seem to care for the employees that are working in their building. The benefits are not great, and there is no holiday pay for working the holiday, but calling off on a holiday is automatically a termination from the company.
absolutely horrible!!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCMarch 15, 2018
Marion facility is absolutely horrible! Management is a joke. Administrator talks to her employees like they are nothing. Do not care for their employees not one bit. A total of 7 office nurses and none of them care to get up off their rears to lend a hand to their nursing staff or more importantly to help their residents, which i thought was what its all about. Received a poor survey for a reason. Would not recommend this as a place of employment.
Stay away from Urbana ohio facility.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHJanuary 22, 2018
This facility is a big mess. Managment needs to get it together. Payroll has no ideal what is going on, plus payroll person also does schedule a bigger joke. Always having to watch paycheck, because it was always wrong. Always short staffed. And employees where never appreciated. The only go part was the residents. I feel sorry for them.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor management, always hoping your check was right
Management was poor at the last minute
Healthcare Supervisor / C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 19, 2017
They hired a not so qualified Administrator and gave me a hard time cause i knew more than her. Staff was all ghetto and did not want to help and treated the patient with no respect just like what they had fr me
Fast pace and family environment
STNA (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHDecember 17, 2017
I very much enjoyed working for Saber Healthcare. I would not have left if I hadn't moved away. Good hours and friendly workers. Fast paced environment but fair. Good pay
facility staff work hard
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 13, 2017
Really do not think this is the place for reviews . It is hard to say there are good facilities and others struggling. Culture has changed from hometown family atmosphere since change in ownership.
Pros
staff
Cons
shortsided operations
Knowledgable Managment
Regional Assistant/Interim Administrator (Current Employee) –  OhiDecember 3, 2017
You will always get the extra help or training you ask for. They are good about keeping us informed on new regulation changes and policy updates CMS rule changes.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Move employees around too much
Good Company if you follow philosophy
Credentialing & Pharmacy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHDecember 3, 2017
8-10 hour days
I learned how to read and edit health insurance contracts
I had a great boss
I was able to obtain a great deal of money back from their pharmacy not billing correctly
I need to take time for Health concern and was given a difficult time when I was requesting and in the end was denied
Pros
Treated great by my boss
Cons
no wiggle room when it comes to taking time off for health concerns
Very produtive for the residents
Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 26, 2017
This is a awesome place to work at they do everything with the residents I love it here they have a lot of activities for the residents every day and weekly and the care for the residents and love foe the residents is amazing
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No paid holidays
Loved the residents
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHNovember 13, 2017
Enjoyed my work and the experience. Everyday was different. The day of a dialysis nurse is different day to day. The hourly rate was on the lower side with my work experience.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The travel time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saber Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3