Saber Healthcare Employee Reviews

Terrible management. Corporate Nightmare
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCJune 21, 2019
Overworked, understaffed. Pay is good. Management is poor with no delegation or individual responsibility. Staff turnover is constant from lower level to high level positions.
Run as fast as you can do not let your family member suffer i know I worked there
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PA 18512June 21, 2019
This place will hire anybody who is un-trustworthy un-professional the pay is not worth the work we do as aides $13 really when the company is charging your family member and the state way more than what we get paid nurse will steal the medication what a shame they will hire and keep a drunk if they have to on the job they don’t care about keeping the hard working workers they only Cater
Pros
Nothing!!! nothing Worth staying for
Cons
Take away your bonuses if u call out for one day miserable workers and directors
Positive and uplifting attitudes!
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 19, 2019
As a current employee, a typical day in my facility is fast paced yet resident focused. So far I have learned that I am lucky to be a part of a team that truly cares about what they do every day - helping others live to the best of their abilities. Management support has been amazing: you can actually hear and feel their excitement for what they do in the way they teach you how to be better at your job! It is a blessing to work in a culture that has been so positive from day 1!
The hardest part of the job for me is actually leaving at the end of the day: I want to keep doing better and learning! No matter what trials we face, we face them together and that is exhilarating!
The most enjoyable parts of my job are working and collaborating with staff and peers and management to make the lives of our residents the best they can be!
Pros
Staff, management, opportunity for personal and professional growth
Cons
None at present
Fast pace and stressful
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAJune 19, 2019
Working at Saber Health care was stressful. We barely have time to breathe or take a break. They are on a budget now. I've never heard of a budget at the work place. We only get 7.5 hours at the most and the least is 6.5. I can't live off of $619 every two weeks. So I relocated.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Rushing and no time for a break
Collaborative, caring, trustworthy building to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 18, 2019
A typical day at work is fast paced. I am learning about other jobs (I just got my CNA license) Management always asks us to voice our concerns, in person or anonymously if we want to. There are a lot of employees who want to work together and be friendly. The hardest part of the job is working some holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job at Tyler's Retreat is knowing that my concerns will be listened to and my managers will try to help me solve a problem.
Pros
Benefits, culture, cleanliness
Cons
no match for 401k, no paid holidays (use own PTO for double time)
Huge company, great benefit, and fair wage.
Dietary Management (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2019
Saber is a caring company, who treated the employees like family. They had affordable benefits and employee retention plans. I really enjoyed working for them.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay, employee retention, retirement plan
Cons
They lost the bid after 5 years. High turnover
Nursing
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Scranton paJune 14, 2019
This company is horrible to work for. They asked for more than can be given. They will steal your work and utilize it as own. Roundabout plagiarism. Residents care ,not as important as meetings. They currently have DONS who have been fired from many places due to drInking on job and abusing staff. And ADON who call state on the company and they will still keep that staff employed.
Stay away.
They do not care about great QM.
Awful place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJune 13, 2019
I had the pleasure of working in the kitchen as a dietary aide.

The kitchen manager is the absolute worse person.
She is constantly talking down to her employees and tries to turn people against each other.
She has on many occasions pushed us to only work less than 4 hours on the evening shift to help her cut the budget.

She also has messed up the schedule numerous times but refuses to fix it herself. Instead, she makes the employees do it and threatens to fire anyone if they don't work a double shift or come in on their day off to fix her mistake.

She rarely helps in the kitchen and often sits in her office talking on FaceTime or her phone instead of doing any kind of work.

Management in general doesn't care there. I've witnessed CNAs bully new CNAS and refuse to help them in any capacity. It's disgusting that this place is allowed to keep running.
There was an awful scabies out break when I left. Almost all the residents had it and half the staff. Tyler's Retreat refused to call the families of the residents and forced people to work in those conditions.

I wasn't even told until a fellow staff members informed me and at that point it had been going on for several weeks.
So they also refused to tell staff about the scabies, until it was too late and they got it themselves.

Don't work here. This place should honestly be shut down.
Cons
No breaks, low pay, horrible management
Awful
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAJune 12, 2019
Corporate should not run nursing facilities, all they care about is the money not the people, not the families and esp not the patients, they don't even pay you time and a half for holidays , so wrong and there starting pay is a joke and they can not keep staff either , they barely even have staff to begin with.
overworked stressful understaffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJune 5, 2019
Basically a stressful working environment always short Staff, poor management skills , always calls outs , Lazy Nurses , No teamwork ,and over worked with no breaks .And overall I feel bad for the residents because they're the ones who suffer. And a bunch of gossiping staff workers.
Pros
Cons
Overworked no brakes
non productive
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHJune 1, 2019
the nurses are understaffed and so are STNA's no benefits worth talking about. Corporate is hands on that is a good thing. they have had 3 DON's in 8 months. If you want to be talked down too this is the place for you. The administrator is great!
Pros
Cons
work you to the end no appreciation
Run run run do not work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mocksville, NCMay 29, 2019
This place is majorly understaff. The management is poor. They never have enough supplies . They are don’t even wipe blood pressure machine after patients. They will let you carry 28 patients by your self. JUST RUN FSR FROM THEM
Cons
Do not work here....Its horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCMay 22, 2019
No staffing, no help, no linen to wash the residents, it's just a trashy place, always working short 17-18 residents. No holiday pay, no great benefits, you get talked about behind staff back, again no help workers is either outside smoking or somewhere gossiping. For some staff it's just a paycheck they really don't care. And management don't care all they care for is the $$$. If you are a good worker they will push more work on you because they know you will do it and do it right. The place sucks, it's the worst nursing home I've ever worked for. I honestly feel sorry for the residents and the lack of care that they receive. And they make you wear the same color scrubs.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no holiday pay. Etc
Poor management
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCMay 20, 2019
Very poor management
Wok long hours and weekends just about every week
Always short on CNA’s
Call out all the time
No shows that are still working there
Too desperate of a company that keeps any BODIES in there to work
Over worked
Underpaid
Have to take call and be on call with Zero compensation
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor management
Terrible
LPN (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAMay 16, 2019
Terrible place to work management is poor. Not enough help. To many brown nosers. People who always stab you in the back would never work for this company again
Worst company
Sales (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 25, 2019
Worst company I ever worked for. Corporate mgmt is horrible. Only care about making money. They have no compassion for the residents or staff. Run!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Awful awful company
Its the pits
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bangor, PAApril 17, 2019
Poor management. Poor pay. Poor staffing. Rudeness and inconsiderate staff. No accountability...only $$$ matter not the patients. Incompetence at the top. Do not send your loved one here...one of the worst places I have ever been employed. Best move I made to quit.
Pros
n/a
Cons
all
Overworked and Under appreciated
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 17, 2019
The company is only in it for the money, management would treat new employees likes trash (or would hire staffing that was not adequate for the level of care patients deserved). Incredibly unorganized facility. Consumer beware!
Pros
N/a
Cons
Unorganized and Staffing Challenges
Co-workers are what makes the job
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAApril 14, 2019
The co-workers, residents, and resident families are what make the job enjoyable and worth going to work everyday. High turnover due to poor upper management.
Enjoyed every day I worked with Saber
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2019
I enjoyed working for Saber Healthcare. They always treated me fairly and gave me growth opportunity that I will always appreciate! I would definitely recommend working for them.
Pros
A great company to learn and grow
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saber Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight