Sabre Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Cant wait to leave
Quality Control Inspector A/ Ultrasound Tech A (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 13, 2018
awful management, if you don't have a desk job don't expect any type of respect. if you want a work/ home life balance this isn't the place for you...
Great financial opportunity!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXMay 28, 2018
I really enjoyed the team atmosphere at Sabre. The opportunity to gain the amount of knowledge from the experience was great. The pay was great as well. The company showed a big hand and hand team work makes the dream work mentality.
Pros
Work and life balance
Cons
Nothting I did not like about the job, however I was working away from my family
A lot strong deadline, Manage is weak.
Project Designer (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 7, 2018
Most project are great to work on. Long days doing technical drawings. Learned conduit, electrical concrete shelters. Management was weak and no place for advancement. There are some good people to work with.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
No Advancement
All about work and money
Production Welder (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXApril 5, 2018
Supervisor and management are about the pursuit of money safety is only a big deal because of the effect on production employee injury and death not a big deal to them
If you don’t want to have a life, this is the place for you.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 27, 2018
I’ll start with the only redeeming quality this place has. You work with some great people if you work on the production floor. They are the only ones who will actually care for you.

Other than that the management is terrible and have the entire idea that everyone is replaceable. Which is why they now have to go all over the country to welding schools for get people that don’t know better to come work for them. And on that topic they get these kids from the schools who just racked up thousands in debt when Sabre has a program that’ll pay you while you learn to weld.

They offer the full array of benefits but the health insurance is not cheap by any means. Don’t hold your breath on any kind of bonus because if they do give one out it’s nothing to brag about (unless you’re in management of course).

As far as hours on the production floor you’ll pretty much work 58 hours a week year round and only have one day off a week.

I could really go on for awhile about all the reasons you shouldn’t work here. This place will chew you up and spit you out and laugh in your face the whole time it’s doing it. They are truly better places to work, keep looking.
Pros
Not a single thing
Cons
Too many to list
Productive an challengeing
Finishing specilist (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Good place to work. Steady work but slightly dangerous working conditions.
Itz been awhile since I been there but when I was there the management needed improvement.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Bad pay
Na
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJanuary 25, 2018
It very different for each individual role with the company. Admin job requires a lot of work with the basic shipping/receiving, AP and AR. The environment in a whole is laid back.
Good and Quite
Transportation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 30, 2017
They carry their own Health Insurance which I felt was extremely costly. I came to realize the transportation area was not for me. I would have enjoyed the Shipping department a lot more.
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for!
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2017
Never met my manager he was off in some other state, and did not really know what was going on. One of the most disorganized companies I have ever worked for, and had no idea of what each group was doing.
Manager made unprofessional comments about a coworker over the phone to me about another coworker before I had even started to work in the field.

Definitely unbelievable the amount of incompetence at the top of the organization.
Pros
Was supposed to be a good company!
Cons
Back stabbing encouraged at top management and field personnel.
ruff place to work
Galvanizing finishing yard (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 7, 2017
working outside in all kinds of weather summer and winter. There was very little chance to advance my career. Some people could not physically handle what they were assigned to do.
Hourly employees treated with total disrespect
Hourly Employee (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 20, 2017
The only culture is the upper echelon. Hourly employees are treated as crumbs.
HR does little to support the employee.
Your earned PTO hours are burned to be paid for what should be a 40 hour week. You know when to show up, but never know when you are leaving.
Furlows and shutdowns for bad business burn any remaining PTO you may aquire. Your time off weigjs against the companies books, they dont like that.
Safety, what safety!
Have to beg PPE out of the company.
Pros
None of it.
Cons
All of it.
The work was extremly hot and labor intensive
Welder (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed very few aspects of this job the work was hard and it was all on a time table i enjoyed being able to hone my welding and blue print skills while i was there but when there was a change of management the work ethic and production of the works suffered greatly
Dirty hard work
Material handler shipping and recieving (Former Employee) –  Ellwood City, PAAugust 2, 2017
Forklift trained and certified, benefits, long hard days of work. Good place to work, management always had positive attitude. The company had room for advancement.
Typical production environment
Tool Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJuly 31, 2017
If you want to work and have zero life or family time. This place is for you. Also, the only reason youll make alot of money here is because you work everyday. Literally everyday, at least when i was there. They gave me a 50 cent raise after a year, then took it away 2 weeks later saying i was already tapped out....how is that possible??? You would think you were getting a day off, then 5 minutes before shift ends, they would say mandatory weekend, so no day off for another week.

I like my co workera, it made the job decent, and i genuinely gave sabre 110% and was happy to learn. Had awesome benefits.

But you burn out quickly. Hopefully things have changed here.
Pros
Pto, benefits, co workers
Cons
No life
They don't pay enough at all and expect way to much for the little bit they pay.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJuly 29, 2017
The hourly rate is a joke!! The insurance could be way better for what you pay. It's steady work but extremely too hot for the scraps they pay there employees. Deadend job for minority's w
Pros
It's a job if your starving and got one foot in the grave
Cons
The PAY
Its an ok place unless you're put on night shift, expect to be the red headed stepchild
Welder (Current Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJuly 25, 2017
as long as you stay on task, its not too hard. problem is they don't pay enough. the shift differential is only $0.50. also if they decide to send you to one of the other plants, they wont compensate you for travel expenses. they "offer insurance" but you pretty much pay for the whole thing
Pros
Pto
Cons
Safety is a joke
Good people.
Inventory Worker (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJune 16, 2017
If you need work and you apply for a position they are willing to hire you if you seem eager and need a job, but don't expect to get the compensation for doing the job that you would be accustomed to. The people are great if you put in the hours and show that your dedicated to doing your job. My experience has been unique since my position interacts with all departments of the company and my work is seen by executives and production personnel alike. The experience you gain and the responsibilities you take on will help with moving on to another company that will pay you what you are worth. I really like working here and have made great professional contacts, but to raise a family on the wages they offer is the main reason why I have to move on. Good luck.
Pros
Long hours, low pay, and health insurance at $75 per week.
Cons
The pay, vacation time accrual, and incompentent workforce.
Worse place to work ever
EHS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJune 2, 2017
upper management the worse you can imagine. HR department horrible. Hourly worker work long hours and the conditions are very poor. They are treated like dirt, turnover is very high 60%+. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
far away from metro area.
Sabre
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Alvarado, TXMay 31, 2017
You don't get to spend much time with your family and they keep dropping the pay scale, yet they complain about losing a million dollars a year in employee turnover.
Fast Paced.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alvarado, TXApril 11, 2017
Sabre is a fast paced environment. Not wonderful training provided. Not a lot of room for advancement. The position you start and rate of pay will likely stay the same.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sabre Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss