SAC Wireless LLC Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Senior Project (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
ros

Plenty of different opportunities
Some great leaders that will develop you
Quality is definitely the #1 focus of the corporation, which is nice to see

Cons

Very political, many puppet shows based on looks and not actual content even more so than other companies.
Relocation benefits are terrible, make sure you get everything in writing although some times even that won’t work little sense of integrity for some people.
You are just a number, it can be very disorganized to the point of frustration, it prevents the company from reaching it’s true potential.
Also …

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at the ground level management and ensure they are properly equipped to lead teams. Also, focus on quality benefits for your employees, not the cheapest options...those little things will make them happy.
They care about money
Accounting Associate (A/P) (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2018
Everyone I met was a contractor with little hope, too much workload and crazy deadlines. There was no time to meet people and any socializing was frowned upon. The turnover rate was crazy fast and everyone was a contractor spanning from 2 month long to 18 months long with no hope of being converted.
Cons
terrible hours, crazy deadlines and absolutely no benefits
Very friendly and out going staff, good office, and great benefits.
Project Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 2, 2018
SAC was a great company to work for. Everyone in my office was friendly and helpful. Office was well kept and cleaned. The benefits were great. The company also allowed employees to advance into other positions.
Poor Middle-Management, White Boys Club at an Exec Lvl
Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2018
Stay away unless you're desperate!

Allow me to paint the picture for you. Imagine a company rotten from the head, hiring cheap labor, recent college graduates, or very experienced workers at low salaries. In my role I interacted intimately with HR and Executives on a day to day basis, and its well known that the company hired younger for cheaper. You can tell that by the personnel.

The people that are paid wages, were there at least 5+ years, in addition to the over paid VPs, Directors, etc Middle Management and High Level Executives are all internal referrals for one another

In short, it's a sub-par start for entry level, consider to be micro managed by who you report to. And know that advancement is a game of nepotism. No Career Advancement unless they want you too.

Lack of professionalism and structure, Human Resources supports current company trends without a real focus on personnel support.
Pros
Cons
pay, overpaid VPs, poor decisions from management, High turnover
Horrible management, very unorganized
Tower Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 29, 2018
Training in Schaumburg was great. Besides that, the company is a mess. Serious lack of organization from market to market. Site VQA's are scheduled 3-5 days out from starting a site, despite not having any materials or missing BOM items. Very uncertain work schedule. Seems like a revolving door for employees who either are new and not used to the industry, or, for those woth experience who cant handle the lack of organization. Stay away!
Pros
Cons
Lack of Organization, endless paperwork, not enough suppprt / knowledge among peers and management
Dedication for nothing in return
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Central RegionJanuary 29, 2018
Manager picks favorites. Allows other employees to slander you without opportunity to defend oneself. Promised 90 day raise. Been year and nothing. Never call off sick, late, etc. Only for family emergencies. For your hard work and dedication you nothing in return.
Pros
Modern Equipment
Cons
Everything Else
Do yourself a favor, and don't do it!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  PrivateJuly 2, 2018
Had to be the worst management I've ever dealt with.

Hired in as a Temp. CM, promoted to full time employee (PM) for the market. Dug them out of a deep hole with their client working 24X7 basically by myself, eventually becoming one of the top performers for the client, using subs as they couldn't gather qualified climbers, and those they did I wouldn't trust to build a 2X4 square box.

My first two Directors and the VP were on top of things and great people, the new (most recent) VP and Director decided to close a few offices and run them out of another office (I guess). I never heard from them personally, as they had a subordinate give us our marching orders, very poor management!
Pros
Pay
Chickens with no heads
Tower Tech, Driver (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 30, 2018
This place was a madhouse. Too many people running around, trying to figure out what to do. Managers were just as lost as the workers. I had to leave after months of being told that I was joining an team, which would be an advancement, but the team was never created. I do have disabilities. When I asked for consideration, i.e., doing tasks a little less physical, I was placed in the warehouse, moving pallets. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
total company confusion
Poor management
Specialist Site Development (Project Management) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
Personal experience does not apply to all teams across SAC but the supervisor I worked under was not qualified to run a team. They were a micro-manager that avoided leading the team and spent their time chastising and negatively coaxing their staff. They were also petty and vindictive towards staff.
decent place to work
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJanuary 11, 2018
decent place overall
Pros: Good Benefits
Nice and professional contingent
Nice low level manegement
interesting work
Cons: lack on planning
Poor career opportunity
Bad Communication
Lack of training and culture.
Network Deployment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
They do not hire on many full staff personal (unless your a family member of someone high up) so many of the staff are contracted. Every 3-6 months people are there one min and gone the next. Since most of the staff is contracted there are no benifits and worse at time mandatory unpaid overtime. The culture is non exsistant since the turn over is high. There is no benificial training leaving people to figure it out on their own which leads to confusion and hostility.
Pros
The building SAC is in in Chicago is great.
Cons
lack of training, majority of staff contracted, no benifits, no culture
No advancment
Tower Foreman (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 17, 2018
No opportunity for advancement at this company. I enjoyed working there until the new Regime took over and started to change policies and take money form the men that do the work in the Field that keep the office doors open.
need more job security
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2018
things need to change and also management needs to step up there game because everything is not what they make it seem. Many people fear of getting laid off one day and then the next day will be okay.
SAC Wireless
S-Comm Contract (Current Employee) –  Detroit Michigan.October 18, 2018
Is a contract roll. As it's under Nokia, decisions are made with proper downstream communication to managers. . Would improve moral if more + information from management.
Pros
Pay good, lot of work, (till project ends).
Cons
communication breakdown.
Program Manager
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 11, 2018
Six months working 75 hours a week is all I could take. No admin support, way to many reports. All that was important was making the numbers not the employees. Typical wireless PM company grind the employees into the ground and hire replacements. Not an environment you want to be in. You will be set up for failure.
Pros
Local
Cons
Overworked, stressed, Management only worried about customer not emplyes.
Small company trying to get big.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 24, 2018
Mismanagement is making it hard for this company to achieve its potential. They have a good idea but are not source the right people to execute. There is also a lot of nepotism and a good old boys attitude which leads to who you know not what you know.
Pros
Potential to be a good company
Cons
Old school ways of thinking
Don’t take this job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  CoppellOctober 13, 2018
SAC wireless management has their head up their but and senior management does not know or care what is going on with its employees. Profits over people should be the mission statement.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
They don’t care about anyone
One of the worst working experiences
Construction Manager PCWA GEPS Project (Former Employee) –  Foresthill Ca.September 10, 2018
Bad management and direction form upper managment. Immirdiate management was good but upper levels need help. Lies and untruths were common and even in called for writeips and disciplinary actions.
Challenging workplace
Manager of Operations, Ohio and surrounding area (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OhioJuly 5, 2018
I found SAC challenging based on the turn over of tower technicians and lack of planning based on late notice of upcoming work. We were a new market and transitioned form the northeast to the central region. Not long after I joined SAC my Director was let go and little direction was provided as far as job responsibilities, after joining the central region it was determined I was performing many duties that were not in my realm of responsibility but they were tasks that needed cared for so I assured they were performed.
Strong wireless
Lead Crew Foreman/Superintend (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 22, 2018
I enjoyed working here only down fall I found was communication was off between management, but was always working paycheck always cleared I wish they had an office where I moved to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAC Wireless LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight