SAC Wireless LLC Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Senior Project (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
ros

Plenty of different opportunities
Some great leaders that will develop you
Quality is definitely the #1 focus of the corporation, which is nice to see

Cons

Very political, many puppet shows based on looks and not actual content even more so than other companies.
Relocation benefits are terrible, make sure you get everything in writing although some times even that won’t work little sense of integrity for some people.
You are just a number, it can be very disorganized to the point of frustration, it prevents the company from reaching it’s true potential.
Also …

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at the ground level management and ensure they are properly equipped to lead teams. Also, focus on quality benefits for your employees, not the cheapest options...those little things will make them happy.
Good Place to Be
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed my tenure at SAC especially my team; we were very close knit somewhat like a family, however we did work in a silo. Our team had to "learn the ropes" on our own upon joining the company, however we did it and conquered.
My only issue would be the company does not recognize valued employees, I did not expect to be released as I felt I was a value asset to the team seeing as I was their from inception. This experienced helped me learn no employee is irreplaceable.
Poor Managment
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 25, 2018
Poor Management with a pass the buck attitude that plays the blame game. Corners are cut everywhere and quality suffers. People are hired through back room deals instead of by qualification.
Fast-paced telecom environment
Senior Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
This was your typical fast-paced telecom company. Not a lot of compassion and empathy in the company, but they did their jobs, and that's what matters.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, beautiful view of the city skyline
Cons
Not much PTO
Decent Place to Work
Site Development Specialist, MWSB (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
I liked my coworkers. I liked my manager. She was very approachable and communicative. The job was stressful at times with all the daily changes to processes. The pay was too low.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Too Much Nepotism
Great Place to work
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 9, 2018
Traveled all over the central United States. Worked with several different Contractors building communication towers and installing communication equipment.
Pros
experience
Cons
travel sometimes
Shifting job responsibilities when not convenient for others
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 1, 2018
Could be great if given the right tools to be successful. Huge projects with limited staff will become the downfall of this company. There’s only so much you can do with what your given. The opportunity is there if management can come together.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Lack of processes
Managers are a key. I had a poor manager that made my experience that SAC a negative one.
Attorney / Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2018
I had a manager that did not understand work life balance. He was constantly dropping the ball of specific issues. I did not appreciate the way he would speak to me.
Nice people
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 28, 2018
Most of the people are nice and helpful-at least when I was there. Previous management not good but hopefully new management is better. Opportunities to learn new things.
Low job security but good pay and relaxed work environment
Zoning and Permitting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2018
Very relaxed working environment. Good Leads but poor upper management. There is low job security for sure. My coworkers are an amazing group and very supportive.
Pros
Good cafeteria, great coworkers, good pay, Pto
Cons
Low job security, bad upper management
Dedication for nothing in return
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Central RegionJanuary 29, 2018
Manager picks favorites. Allows other employees to slander you without opportunity to defend oneself. Promised 90 day raise. Been year and nothing. Never call off sick, late, etc. Only for family emergencies. For your hard work and dedication you nothing in return.
Pros
Modern Equipment
Cons
Everything Else
decent place to work
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJanuary 11, 2018
decent place overall
Pros: Good Benefits
Nice and professional contingent
Nice low level manegement
interesting work
Cons: lack on planning
Poor career opportunity
Bad Communication
Physically demanding
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Daily unloading of construction materials and junk left you sore for days. Slow days were nice as we were allowed to jam while doing inventory jobs. Easy but physical job.
Pros
Lenient managment
Cons
heavy lifting every day
Terrible Management
Cellular Communication Infrastructure Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNDecember 20, 2017
When I was there, the management team was horrible. They would also hire everyone from outside and never advance anyone from within the company, even those qualified for it. The pay was great but the corporate headaches werent worth it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Schedule, Opportunity for advancement.
work
Tower Technician (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 7, 2017
great work environment, you learn something new everyday. people you work with are great to be around. the only thing that is bad is that you can be overwork at times.
Very stressful for "green hands"
Tower Technician (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 5, 2017
If you are a new guy and show any type of smarts you will be run into the ground. The old timers are completely intimidated by that. Make sure you have tough skin and are willing to never see your family or friends
to many VP`s
Director of Construction Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2017
SAC is hiring more VP Management then real employees that can work.. They are building the Top line management without hire people that can do the work. It is not a good work place to be in. They use to be a good company, but with all the VP`s they hired it has gone down hill fast.
I would not recommend this place
Site Development Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2017
The culture at SAC is poor. Many of the people are temp(contract) employees. You never see anyone being converted over to permanent. Most people there are unhappy and are always looking for a new job. Management is poor as they don't assist with questions. Training is terrible (It is a week long of the trainer just really reading to you everything instead of allowing you the opportunity to learn how to work the many systems they use.) Management wasn't helpful in terms of assistance. If you asked a question you were told to look in the playbook for the answer or to ask someone else. Very stressful place to work for.
Pros
The job was flexible interms of hours that you worked. Experience with using various skills.
Cons
Training, Management, Environment, Workload, High Stress
I did not enjoy my job with SAC
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 22, 2017
I was very unhappy with my local team at SAC wireless. This made my experience with them poor. The overall manager for the office in my region I did not care for either.
Great company to work for
Tower Foreman (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 31, 2017
SAC is a solid company in a great industry, tower bussiness has its downhills but SAC will take care of you and try to find something for you to do so you make some hours. The pay scales are good maybe one of the best out there.
Pros
Lots of hours most of the year
Cons
Too much paperwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAC Wireless LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight