SAC Wireless LLC Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 19, 2019
Excellent company your not a number there yet a actual person with a name the management is extremely flexible with making sure your taken care of as a actual person not a number
About as expected
SITE SPECIALIST DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 19, 2019
Worked first as an IC; and after 6 months, was hired a FT employee. Pretty much completed my site acquisition projects and was laid off. It's pretty much as expected in the telecom game. My lead and sub-lead were reasonable in their expectations and helpful. It's a tough business, but that was understood going in. The only fault was that when my project was about done, and the workload down to where they couldn't pay me to work on such a reduced project level, is that they didn't offer to transfer me to another project--even if it meant they'd expect me to relocate--it was never offered. I led my team in finishing sites, working remotely; but was let go without any chance of being transferred. Other than that, it was a good job while it lasted.
Pros
Good help from the lead/sub-lead
Cons
I did well, but wasn't offered a transfer as the project load dimininshed
Fun place to work
Tower Technician (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 29, 2019
It was a good working environment where you get to work with different people with unique diversed knowledge. Thus, it could be very challenging at time when you need to communicate your own idea to your team members. However, it is so interesting.
Pros
It is a good working environment where you get to meet good people.
Cons
Getting to do things differently and proactively are usually a challenge.
Productive and challenging work environment that can be rewarding
Sub-Lead / Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2019
Working with my team of specialists and my direct manager has been a very rewarding experience. Our manager challenges our team effectively to hit our goals and provides a great work enviornment. A new CEO however has implemented new changes at the executive level which and has begun to implement their own agenda and therefore dismissing certain employees that have been a great asset to the company.
Worst company I ever worked for, they do not care about anyone.
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 24, 2019
I had a bad experience with SAC, my father was ill at the time of my employment and I needed to take time off to be with him and I contacted HR to take a leave of absence because my direct manager was on leave. HR approved my leave but the following day I was getting text from my mangers manager saying he was firing me even though I had my leave approved by HR.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Good place to learn about project management
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2019
Good place to gain experience. Not a ton of room for growth, and very demanding despite having a lack of instructions/direction available to guide you through the process.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Lack of benefits and instructions are constantly being changed
Good company
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Plain City, OHJanuary 5, 2019
The management has treated me well since I started. Great people in the organization to work along side. Knowledgeable in what they do and well positioned for success.
Company tried to grow too fast
Technical Services Operator III (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MIDecember 13, 2018
I was only there 18 months but it was ok. Company grew too fast it seems. Let go after 1st project I was assigned to was completed. No more work was coming in so my entire team was let go.
So far so good
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 10, 2018
I am a current employee at SAC and have had numerous opportunities to learn about the wireless business. Hope to continue to learn and grow along with the company.
Poor management
Specialist Site Development (Project Management) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
Personal experience does not apply to all teams across SAC but the supervisor I worked under was not qualified to run a team. They were a micro-manager that avoided leading the team and spent their time chastising and negatively coaxing their staff. They were also petty and vindictive towards staff.

Want to know more about SAC Wireless LLC?

Ask a question
They care about money
Accounting Associate (A/P) (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2018
Everyone I met was a contractor with little hope, too much workload and crazy deadlines. There was no time to meet people and any socializing was frowned upon. The turnover rate was crazy fast and everyone was a contractor spanning from 2 month long to 18 months long with no hope of being converted.
Cons
terrible hours, crazy deadlines and absolutely no benefits
Poor Middle-Management, White Boys Club at an Exec Lvl
Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2018
Stay away unless you're desperate!

Allow me to paint the picture for you. Imagine a company rotten from the head, hiring cheap labor, recent college graduates, or very experienced workers at low salaries. In my role I interacted intimately with HR and Executives on a day to day basis, and its well known that the company hired younger for cheaper. You can tell that by the personnel.

The people that are paid wages, were there at least 5+ years, in addition to the over paid VPs, Directors, etc Middle Management and High Level Executives are all internal referrals for one another

In short, it's a sub-par start for entry level, consider to be micro managed by who you report to. And know that advancement is a game of nepotism. No Career Advancement unless they want you too.

Lack of professionalism and structure, Human Resources supports current company trends without a real focus on personnel support.
Pros
Cons
pay, overpaid VPs, poor decisions from management, High turnover
SAC Wireless
S-Comm Contract (Current Employee) –  Detroit Michigan.October 18, 2018
Is a contract roll. As it's under Nokia, decisions are made with proper downstream communication to managers. . Would improve moral if more + information from management.
Pros
Pay good, lot of work, (till project ends).
Cons
communication breakdown.
No advancment
Tower Foreman (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 17, 2018
No opportunity for advancement at this company. I enjoyed working there until the new Regime took over and started to change policies and take money form the men that do the work in the Field that keep the office doors open.
Don’t take this job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  CoppellOctober 13, 2018
SAC wireless management has their head up their but and senior management does not know or care what is going on with its employees. Profits over people should be the mission statement.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
They don’t care about anyone
need more job security
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2018
things need to change and also management needs to step up there game because everything is not what they make it seem. Many people fear of getting laid off one day and then the next day will be okay.
Good company
LEASING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Worked in a position that allowed me to learn about the different aspects of cell tower structures and real estate.

Very dynamic company the worked well with it's vendors.
One of the worst working experiences
Construction Manager PCWA GEPS Project (Former Employee) –  Foresthill Ca.September 10, 2018
Bad management and direction form upper managment. Immirdiate management was good but upper levels need help. Lies and untruths were common and even in called for writeips and disciplinary actions.
Enjoyed working at SAC.
Asset administrator, warehouse manager, (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Loved my role at SAC. Too bad for me that I got caught in the web of a corporate cutback. I did enjoy the assortment of roles that I played during my time at SAC.
Horrible management, very unorganized
Tower Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 29, 2018
Training in Schaumburg was great. Besides that, the company is a mess. Serious lack of organization from market to market. Site VQA's are scheduled 3-5 days out from starting a site, despite not having any materials or missing BOM items. Very uncertain work schedule. Seems like a revolving door for employees who either are new and not used to the industry, or, for those woth experience who cant handle the lack of organization. Stay away!
Pros
Cons
Lack of Organization, endless paperwork, not enough suppprt / knowledge among peers and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAC Wireless LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight