SAC Wireless LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Growing company
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
Could be a great opportunity as a small growing company. SAC struggled at times to set a corporate vision on where they want to get to. Went through at least four organizational changes in one year.
Pros
Small company attitude
Cons
Struggle to set a corporate vision
great company
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2018
great company, good people, i am just looking for more income, very busy company, great with promoting from within. i am happy with where im at, i just would like more income.
Very friendly and out going staff, good office, and great benefits.
Project Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 2, 2018
SAC was a great company to work for. Everyone in my office was friendly and helpful. Office was well kept and cleaned. The benefits were great. The company also allowed employees to advance into other positions.
Chickens with no heads
Tower Tech, Driver (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 30, 2018
This place was a madhouse. Too many people running around, trying to figure out what to do. Managers were just as lost as the workers. I had to leave after months of being told that I was joining an team, which would be an advancement, but the team was never created. I do have disabilities. When I asked for consideration, i.e., doing tasks a little less physical, I was placed in the warehouse, moving pallets. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
total company confusion
Could have been a great job....
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2018
The adversarial relationship between Nokia (parent company) and SAC made it extremely difficult to be productive, as the rules were "whatever we say". Let's just leave it at that...
Pros
Not micro-managed
Cons
Being on the wrong side of the master/slave relationship.
Small company trying to get big.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 24, 2018
Mismanagement is making it hard for this company to achieve its potential. They have a good idea but are not source the right people to execute. There is also a lot of nepotism and a good old boys attitude which leads to who you know not what you know.
Pros
Potential to be a good company
Cons
Old school ways of thinking
Program Manager
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 11, 2018
Six months working 75 hours a week is all I could take. No admin support, way to many reports. All that was important was making the numbers not the employees. Typical wireless PM company grind the employees into the ground and hire replacements. Not an environment you want to be in. You will be set up for failure.
Pros
Local
Cons
Overworked, stressed, Management only worried about customer not emplyes.
Not a fun place to work
Tower Teach Top Hand (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2018
management is poor
safety is no concern
Only production matters
Micro managing every move
very rushed
expect way too much

on road for extended periods of time up tp six weeks
Challenging workplace
Manager of Operations, Ohio and surrounding area (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OhioJuly 5, 2018
I found SAC challenging based on the turn over of tower technicians and lack of planning based on late notice of upcoming work. We were a new market and transitioned form the northeast to the central region. Not long after I joined SAC my Director was let go and little direction was provided as far as job responsibilities, after joining the central region it was determined I was performing many duties that were not in my realm of responsibility but they were tasks that needed cared for so I assured they were performed.
Do yourself a favor, and don't do it!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  PrivateJuly 2, 2018
Had to be the worst management I've ever dealt with.

Hired in as a Temp. CM, promoted to full time employee (PM) for the market. Dug them out of a deep hole with their client working 24X7 basically by myself, eventually becoming one of the top performers for the client, using subs as they couldn't gather qualified climbers, and those they did I wouldn't trust to build a 2X4 square box.

My first two Directors and the VP were on top of things and great people, the new (most recent) VP and Director decided to close a few offices and run them out of another office (I guess). I never heard from them personally, as they had a subordinate give us our marching orders, very poor management!
Pros
Pay
Good work ethics
INTEGRATION AND COMMISION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 27, 2018
Sac wireless is a great company to work with. Working with sac wireless as really given me opportunity to learn more and explore in the telecommunications industry.
overload
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 6, 2018
Company took on too much work, didn't rotate crews for out-of-state jobs. Training was good, though. Great equipment to accomplish the job. Some good team members.
Very fast paced. Changes minute to minute
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 4, 2018
Create Job Cards, Purchase orders, release materials.
Work with management very closely
Very fast paced. Not much training
Trying to understand the data bases with little to no training
Working with people is the best part of my job
Typical Corporate Compnay
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNMay 23, 2018
Typical Corporate Company. Too many regional offices that disconnect employees from the upper management. Focused too much on numbers and not on people. Don't listen to good ideas or employee concerns. Would rather terminate you and replace than advance.
Pros
Pay higher than most
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
Senior Project (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
ros

Plenty of different opportunities
Some great leaders that will develop you
Quality is definitely the #1 focus of the corporation, which is nice to see

Cons

Very political, many puppet shows based on looks and not actual content even more so than other companies.
Relocation benefits are terrible, make sure you get everything in writing although some times even that won’t work little sense of integrity for some people.
You are just a number, it can be very disorganized to the point of frustration, it prevents the company from reaching it’s true potential.
Also …

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at the ground level management and ensure they are properly equipped to lead teams. Also, focus on quality benefits for your employees, not the cheapest options...those little things will make them happy.
Good Place to Be
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed my tenure at SAC especially my team; we were very close knit somewhat like a family, however we did work in a silo. Our team had to "learn the ropes" on our own upon joining the company, however we did it and conquered.
My only issue would be the company does not recognize valued employees, I did not expect to be released as I felt I was a value asset to the team seeing as I was their from inception. This experienced helped me learn no employee is irreplaceable.
Poor Managment
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 25, 2018
Poor Management with a pass the buck attitude that plays the blame game. Corners are cut everywhere and quality suffers. People are hired through back room deals instead of by qualification.
Fast-paced telecom environment
Senior Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
This was your typical fast-paced telecom company. Not a lot of compassion and empathy in the company, but they did their jobs, and that's what matters.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, beautiful view of the city skyline
Cons
Not much PTO
Decent Place to Work
Site Development Specialist, MWSB (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
I liked my coworkers. I liked my manager. She was very approachable and communicative. The job was stressful at times with all the daily changes to processes. The pay was too low.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Too Much Nepotism
Great Place to work
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 9, 2018
Traveled all over the central United States. Worked with several different Contractors building communication towers and installing communication equipment.
Pros
experience
Cons
travel sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAC Wireless LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight