Sacramento Native American Health Center Employee Reviews

huge turnover, no job security, no staff appreciation
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  SacramentoNovember 19, 2018
turnover is huge. they send out emails at least once a week letting all the staff know who is no longer here, low morale much? too much employees onsite so it makes it hard to get to know everyone. no team building exercise. no holiday party like other companies, only one potluck and most people dont even bring food. it almost feels like highschool with so much gossip being spread around, if you know someone in finance department or human resources department then you'll get the inside scoop. the only thing ill give them is that there benefits are pretty decent.
Pros
benefits are the only thing going for this place
Cons
turnover, stressful work environment, parking lot is 10 minutes away on gravel
Stressful/ Large turn over in staff
Dental Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 2, 2018
From the time I started, until the time I left, I had to fill in for co-workers who were always calling out. I also had to fill in for an entirely different position than what I was hired for. The work load is incredible and always being short staffed made it impossible to handle. Gossip and negativity is a huge problem here. The software system is not user friendly and the training isn't done well. Employee turn-over is constant. Upper management is very demanding and disorganized.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No job security, large turn-over, stressful work environment
Interesting - Great Company
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 21, 2018
I have worked for SNAHC over 12 months and although not perfect, the company does alot for their employees - providing fantastic health benefits, a very generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 403b,

I would definitely recommend working here. Management provides training and incentives to continue your education. Has a community environment
Pros
paid time off
Cons
parking
Great Company
B.H. Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 24, 2018
Was only able to work here for less than a year before I had to relocate. The people here are very hard working and work together to help one another out. They often have monthly employee potlucks. I got free season tickets to the Kings. A lot of perks - lots of free tickets to NFL / NBA / Theatre, etc. Worst item was that parking is on a lottery system; no guaranteed parking spot and this place is downtown Sacramento.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
No parking
Opportunities for advancement
Revenue Cycle Director / Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 25, 2018
Many of the Leads, Managers and Directors have been promoted from inside the company. I believe that this is a good practice. The benefits package is among the best that I have found available.
3 months contract
HIT File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I was hired for a 3mo contract only as a Heath Information Tech., The very first Month we didn't have a supervisor and no one knew what to do with me. the 2nd month they let all of the temps and contractor go without warning. I was OK because I had another job and I never really got started, but the people that was there for over six months and other had been there for years did not know what they were going to do...I felt so bad for them. But hey, this is life and it happens.
Pros
It's a small company, and everybody knows everybody by name.
Cons
There is absolutely no job security at this company, very high turn over.
Very busy and growing!
Dental Assistant (RDA) (Former Employee) –  DentalMarch 28, 2012
I was a new dental extern and my start was rocky. I was trying to learn a new skill and the staff is tight knit, they have all been together a long time. I had a hard time finding my fit and meeting performance expectations. After a few weeks I was getting in the groove and hoped they would offer me a spot in the dental department.

I am at a pediatric dental office now.....I miss the hustle and bustle environment and even some of the off the wall patients! Public health is no joke! I would go back in a minute!
Pros
always learning something new, high expectations of dental staff, opportunity to really develop your skills!
Cons
small staff, heavy workload, someone calls in sick and its over!
Medical Assistant
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 11, 2014
Assist physicians with patient care, rooming, and taking vitals and creating a positive first impression. Take directions from physician in all clinical and administrative request. Maintain the cleanliness of the facility. Made sure prescriptions are submitted and maintained an open communication with pharmacy and all other medical referral agency's. Assisted in lab work and small procedures.
Pros
Assisted in providing health care to community.
Cons
I left for a new job description.
Excellent place to make a difference in community health
Middle Managment (Former Employee) –  SacramentoJuly 23, 2015
looked forward to every day and the new challenges it presented never dull or the same.Learned so much about working for a non prop and the heart you have to have for people not just monetary value.
Nothing bad to say about Management I still hold all of them in high regard like a family but in family there are disputes and difference of opinions.Hardest part of job was walking away from it and having to leave behind all the people (patients & staff) I care about so much.
Pros
Working with people good benefits
Cons
If your looking for high wages keep in mind it's non prop
Good people doing good work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medical DepartmentMarch 9, 2012
Working in Indian health is hard work. You have to be dedicated to the community you serve. I was given the ability to make a difference every day, always left feeling good about my contributions. I miss everyone.
Pros
meaningful work, co-workers are great! fast paced, never boring.
Cons
having to wear so many hats.
Very likable staff. Kind and helping.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 16, 2017
My time at SNAHC for my externship gave me greater knowledge in the medical field. I felt well equipped in every task i performed and any questions I had I could ask any of my co-workers and would get assistance and answers.
Unorganized company
data entry/coder (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, caFebruary 25, 2012
this company is so unorganized. they are more worried about what free stuff they can give away to employees than about how to organize their company in order to make it run more efficiently. a horrible place to work.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
unorganized staff, unprofessional management
Great place to gain experience in the healthcare field
Billing (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 5, 2015
I enjoy the multi-cultural atmosphere. Everyone works well with each other and there is room for advancement. I would suggest this organization to anyone looking for stable employment.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Work is constant and demanding.
Fun place to work, Great benefits,
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento,caMarch 12, 2012
I love working within my native community. The people are great and everyday is something new. Its always a good feeling when you can put a smile on someones face just by taking the time to help them.
Pros
fun atmosphere, fast paced, always something new
I feel like I'm making a difference...
Administration (Current Employee) –  AdministrationMarch 9, 2012
I’ve been at SNAHC for over a year now and I still love it. Although I’m not involved in direct patient care, I feel as though I am part of a larger team that is making a real and measurable impact on the lives of Sacramento’s most at-risk and medically indigent patients. The agency expects a lot of their employees but they also provide ample resources to accomplish whatever training goal or needs the individual employee may have. I appreciate that my thoughts and opinions are valid and never disregarded.

Every young agency has room for improvement and SNAHC is only six years old. Personally, I find it exhilarating and meaningful to be a part of the team that is making healthcare in Sacramento better every day.

Healthcare is not for everyone but if you love it and you love knowing that your job is making a difference, you’ll love it here.
Pros
culture, diversity, employee wellness days, great benefits
Cons
the nature of healthcare is highly stressfull
Great community partner
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2017
Great place to work. I love working here and have made several friends and connections with the Native Community. The culture is good and there is a lot of knowledge to gain.
poor management and not recommended
provider (Former Employee) –  sacramentoMay 21, 2015
Very unorganized and poorly managed. There appears to be a great deal of nepotism and unprofessional conduct. The quality of care of the patients is lacking and inconsiderate of the needs of community members.This facility provides their workers with limited professional advancement, which impedes the workers from enhancing their skill level. This facility has an issue with being a revolving door where there is limited job security and the security of your employment is not dependent on your work competence, but instead dependent on the ability of the worker to concede with the unethical practices of the management. Your skill level will be constantly in question by management who are not even in your profession and that do not know anything about your field. If you are seeking a positive supportive and fair work environment that values there workers and their skill level then this company is definitely not recommended.
Cons
unorganized and poor management.
unorganized company, unfair and rude management
Medical department (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 5, 2013
Benefits are great but favoritism is number one at this company. If you don't know someone higher up you can forget a long term position
benefits
Cons
rude staff, unfair work loads, horrible management
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  SacramentoMarch 9, 2012
I enjoyed my co-workers and my patients. Grateful for the most part occasionally harassed by homeless people in mid-town. Great medical staff. Really busy!
Pros
time goes by quickly. everyday is different.
Cons
new company, growing too fast.
Friendly work environment.
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 12, 2015
My work starts at 8:00 am. Under my manager and CFO supervision i learned a lot. All of my colleagues are very professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sacramento Native American Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Sacramento Native American Health Center Reviews by Location