Sacred Heart Health System, FL Employee Reviews

I would recommend Sacred Heart hospital to anyone looking for a company that cares about the patients entrusted to their care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 28, 2019
I retired early to care for my husband who had Alzheimers and Dementia. I had a very rewarding 25 years at Sacred Heart. I believe I would still be there today if it wasn't for my husbands illness. I felt like an integral part of the company's mission.
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 11, 2019
My review of Sacred Heart is great place to work, but i moved away.
I liked the hours i worked and what i did. I got a lot of experience from this job.
Loved the autonomy of a PCT/HUC
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 23, 2019
Management was so-so. Always tried to dodge a bullet or talk behind peoples' backs. Made friends with the ones who worked the most hours or holidays. Barely acknowledged or said hello. HR was not helpful in regards to a family member passing away. Could not take time off from work. Had to resign after many years and now am ineligible to rehire and am flagged.

I loved my colleagues, they truly put in absolutely amazing patient care and became my family. Nurses/techs are overworked and underpaid and we do not go into the medical field for the money, we actually enjoy treat and care for our patients. Administration needs to acknowledge that. We need to improve patients to nurse/tech ratio. Our nurses/and nursing staff are suffering along with our patients. It truly hurts my heart and is embarrassing.

Please take into consideration.
Pros
good team based approach, good way to gain experience
Cons
gossipping, breaks (if any), unorganized, turnover
Work your fingers to the bone
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 20, 2019
High patient:nurse ratio, ancillary help minimal, upper management clueless to front line needs, minimal raises, yearly evaluation not used for raises or praises, throw you under the bus, not advancing with the times, not focused on patient safety. The children’s hospital is beautiful, but unsustainable and will drain money needed for projects that will sustain the hospital in the current health care environment. The focus should be on veterans, healthy living, helping transition the area to healthcare’s future rather than expand acute care. Still using dangerous paper orders and charting.
Pros
Pretty campus
Cons
Bad future outlook.
Great Place to Work
MEDICAL OFFICE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FL 32550April 18, 2019
I am sad they are closing the doctors office. I enjoyed working there. The doctor that is leaving is a great doctor and will be missed by all of his patients.
Good place to work, stable environment with professional co-workers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 10, 2019
Everyone in the Sacred Heart Health Systems is entirely committed to the core mission : Providing health care and wellness, from conception to natural death, through quality services and programs based on the Catholic ethical and religious directives. SHHS is large company with ample upward or even lateral mobility.
Pros
vast company, allows for career mobility.
Cons
n/a
Poor managment
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 6, 2019
Poor managment in the pharmacy, they dont recognize performance based raises. All the techs are over worked, under paid, and not appreciated. Alot of negativity.
would not recommend working here
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 16, 2019
Don't waste your time with this company.....there are 2 other great hospitals in town!
Patient ratios are ridiculous....1 tech for 25 patients! Nursing ratios are too high as well....Nurses have 6 sick patients....with these ratios, patients are NOT getting the best care. Patients are regularly not happy with their care and surveys show this.
Cons
no breaks, patients not safe with current ratios
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32503March 14, 2019
A typical day at work : Data Entry posting funds on patients accounts scan patients medical info balance at the end work day.

What I learned : a easy way in balance at the end of the day.

Management : open door policy Great to work for

Workplace culture : Medical Finance Office

Hardest part of the job : when the work would get behind

The most enjoyable part of the job : when completing my Job.
Pros
Having medical benefits, paid vacation, sick leave, annual leave.
Cons
Short lunch, no benefits
Manager
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 8, 2019
Needs better management and should follow the changebers of commands. The flor managers have there picks and chooses between the works as Patient care tech and the nurses.
Working there is okay
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 3, 2019
Working at Sacred is very stressful. Immediate management is very stressful to deal with. There are always issues that are not taken care of and left for others to do.
Pros
Good benefits, great team
Cons
Short staffing and poor immediate management
You will Love Sacred Heart
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 24, 2019
Best place I have ever worked. Beautiful establishment and campus, caring management, fun co-workers, great teamwork in emergency situations, approachable physicians. Just imagine starting your day off with a prayer overhead and ending your day exhausted but fulfilled.
treat new employees better than old
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 26, 2018
Gives very little feedback about progress. Never know if your doing a good job or not. I don't think it's fair that I have to fill this out in order to use this website - really>
Sacred Heart Health Systems is a Great Company, i cant knock them.
CNA/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 18, 2018
Overall a solid company to work for. Three day work weeks provide more than ample work/life balance. Compensation is on par with the other hospitals in the area. The incentives, such as: paid healthcare coverage, dental, vision, disability coverage at a substantial discount, 100k Term Life policy paid for by company, sick leave and paid time off begin to accrue upon hire, and can be utilized after ninety days, 401K match up to six percent of your annualized salary, Community discounts on things like Cellular Service, Cinema tickets, Oil changes, etc.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance, Decent pay, Great Incentives/Perks
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity
productive and very stressful at times
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 4, 2018
i have learned to not let my job run my life. Fun but very stressful at times. not very passionate system at least not in destin. High nurse turnover rate. Love my doctor, most nurses can't get along with him but Im great with him. Due to my relocation to crestview and driving a gas guzzler.... Im not paid enough for the commute and the tolls.
Pros
Early mornings
Cons
Co-Workers aren't friendly
Clinical Documentation Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 5, 2018
Sacred Heart Hospital is a wonderful health care system providing quality care to the people of North West Florida and outlying communities. Pensacola is fortunate to have this level of care, services, and professional job opportunities in their community.
No work life balance.
SENIOR ACCOUNTING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 30, 2018
Management seemed to care more about the bottom line than employees. There was little work life balance. The work was very monotonous. Also, minimal training.
Sacred Heart Health System was a prodecutive employer for.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 9, 2018
I was a staff LPN for 4 years, I learned a lot of experience and met a lot of interesting people, It was a excelelm=nt employer to work for, I enjoyed being employed as a floor nurse and the facikity istilled the values.
Productive workplace with great teamwork
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 19, 2018
I have been working here basically since I turned 18. My associates are all like family to me and therefore we all work together very well. When we have new hires, we do our best to make sure everyone feels welcome and not shocked from the nursing culture.
cogs in a machine
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pace, FLJuly 15, 2018
Typical work days: A morning huddle to discuss issues and new rules daily. Urgent care is a walk-in only clinic, so sometimes there is down time and sometimes you are swamped with patients.
Management: micromanaging and constantly pushing for the already short staff to take on more and more responsibilities that are not within that staffs realm of practice.
Work place culture: inability to discuss issues among staff/management for fear of retaliation or job loss.
Hardest part of the job: dealing with large patient loads and having more responsibilities put on you due to staffing issues.
Most enjoyable part of the job: The staff that was there is helpful and kind.
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
30 minute lunch, the two 15 minute breaks you are allowed are discouraged and frowned on when you take them.