Sacred Heart Health Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sacred Heart Health System was a prodecutive employer for.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 9, 2018
I was a staff LPN for 4 years, I learned a lot of experience and met a lot of interesting people, It was a excelelm=nt employer to work for, I enjoyed being employed as a floor nurse and the facikity istilled the values.
Productive workplace with great teamwork
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 19, 2018
I have been working here basically since I turned 18. My associates are all like family to me and therefore we all work together very well. When we have new hires, we do our best to make sure everyone feels welcome and not shocked from the nursing culture.
cogs in a machine
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pace, FLJuly 15, 2018
Typical work days: A morning huddle to discuss issues and new rules daily. Urgent care is a walk-in only clinic, so sometimes there is down time and sometimes you are swamped with patients.
Management: micromanaging and constantly pushing for the already short staff to take on more and more responsibilities that are not within that staffs realm of practice.
Work place culture: inability to discuss issues among staff/management for fear of retaliation or job loss.
Hardest part of the job: dealing with large patient loads and having more responsibilities put on you due to staffing issues.
Most enjoyable part of the job: The staff that was there is helpful and kind.
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
30 minute lunch, the two 15 minute breaks you are allowed are discouraged and frowned on when you take them.
Will not listen to the truth
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 11, 2018
Human resources does not fight for you, will gladly refuse to help with character slader, take your career from you!! Ruined your LIFE!!! Tell you your eligibility for rehire but your name is mud when any potential job calls for reference. So you are condemned to go hungry and live on the street. I lost everything because my manager lied.
Benefits
Cons
Too many to share
terrible place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJune 18, 2018
co-workers are bullies and management permits this to go unchecked. different "rules" apply to different people as some do very little work at all and leave others to get it done.
Enjoyed my work
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 17, 2018
Work was challenging but enjoyable on most days. Constant work with limited downtime. The demise of the department due to outsourcing was the hardest to deal with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Outsourcing
Good people work here
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 5, 2018
Working at Sacred Heart has been an overall good experience. They provide good benefits, PTO , and flexible work schedule. I have enjoyed getting to know co workers, they have good people working there.
Overall Experience
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLMay 28, 2018
While working at Sacred Heart, I was given an opportunity to develop additional clinical skills and leadership skills. I feel my time there helped continue my growth as the nurse I am today.
Horrible experience.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 21, 2018
I felt like management really did not have the best interest when it came to their employees as far as allowing room for growth. I felt quickly burnt out from the job and did not gain anything in return. I did not feel like they offered enough room for professional growth.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
horrible pay, unfairness, horrible management.
Great
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 20, 2018
I have worked here for a while now and like it, it's the speciality field I want to be in. I love my coworkers. O would tell the next person to apply.
Professional work environment
Social Worker - MSW (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 15, 2018
I learned a great deal about the healthcare industry, insurances, and about community resources available. Medical terminology and multitasking skills were an asset.
Pros
Co-workers were wonderful
Cons
Fast paced, often extra work hours for salaried position
is who you know , not what you know in this place
Supervisor, (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLMarch 9, 2018
I had never worked in a Hospital that a CNO, has a full power over HR. She desire who stay and who leave This places sucks. Medxcel is a joke/ Vendo
Pros
supervisor
work days
Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 17, 2018
Everyone is overworked and underpaid. No one stands up for you or tries to help get through tough times. No one cares about you. Very poor management.
Pros
Will accumulate lots of PTO but only after you are there after 10+ years.
Cons
Don't earn a full week's vacation until you give at least 1.5 years of service, poor management.
Not so bad
Director of Support Services (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Enjoyed the culture of the Touchpoint division. Especially when it came to retention of employees. Contracts are very transparent so profit margins are not as high as other contracts.
Pros
Attention to employee retention
Cons
low profit margins that lead to layoffs
the hardest part of the job
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 30, 2017
It was great meeting and helping people but its pretty stressful and fast paced. Most days you're busy from the time that you start until you clock out to go home.
dependable co-workers and Supervisor
Reconciliation Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 17, 2017
I enjoyed my employment with Sacred Heart Hospital and enjoyed multiple job responsibilities including billing, the reconciliation of Insurance remits and solving Insurance Plans and patient issues. The hardest part of my job was the relocation of my job responsibilities to another state.
Pros
pot lucks
I love working here
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 22, 2017
This has been my favorite job so far the nurses are helpful. My manager is always there when I need to talk that's what makes my job so much better. I will recommend this job to anyone in the health care field
By far the best hospital to work for loally!!!
Patient Care Technician/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 16, 2017
My coworkers were extremely helpful and friendly. There was a strong sense of family and team work in the environment. Working on night shift is definitely slower paced but can have its wild moments!
Wonderful Hospital!
Patient Services Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 26, 2017
I loved working at Sacred Heart! The staff was always fun to work with and they made the days go by so quickly. As a registrar, the work can become really repetitive and boring but every day you find something to make the day more exciting and challenging. Great place to start as an entry level Health care worker because you learn more about insurance and receive great training!
Pros
Great management team, benefits, great staff, hospital values, work culture, great training
Cons
short breaks, pay can be low unless negotiated, repetitive work, work schedule is limited
Physical Therapy outpatient
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLSeptember 6, 2017
I work in outpatient physical therapy 3 days/week and acute care 1 day per week. In outpatient we have One to one patients, supportive manager, flexible hours, joy to work for this hospital system