Sacred Heart Home Employee Reviews

Productive work place
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Come in at 7am get breakfast started everyone that needed assistant
i would help get my residents groomed and dressed for the day indulge in activities assist with lunch/dinner lite housekeeping do adl's
lite computer work and get ready for the next shift to come on i love it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very strict on time as far as for breaks lunch
First triage unit in the state of Illinois with a 96.8 success rate in the first year.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
Loved working on the Triage unit. It was a trial to decrease hospitalizations. The unit consist of an C.N.A a security guard and the floor nurse per shift. we worked 12 Hr. shifts. we also carried out therapy sessions on how to deal with the different diagnosis. Very supportive group.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to work!
LPN-Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2018
To me the best job in the world. Worked in Palliative Care for a wide variety of patients. Management was great. Was able to work independently and make decisions.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2018
I can honestly say i enjoyed everyday working at this place. I learned how to properly clean and disinfect certain areas to prevent an outbreak. I met a lot of great people along the way. I would, without a doubt, say the best part about working here was interacting with the residents that resided there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Odors in hallways
care of residents with mental illness
Registered Nurse, MDS/Care Plan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2018
Sitting in with the physicians as they assessed the residents and adjusted medications as needed.Meeting with residents and creating care plans to meet their needs.
Not to be afraid of Mental Illness, how each disease manifests different in each age group. That the staff were all they had for family.
Management was prejudice against my education and skills.
Culture is 98% Black and the other 2% Hispanic or white.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the management.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping out the Residents that live there.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
no raises or feedback on job performance
Loved the residents
Therapeutic activities (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 5, 2018
Loved the residents and most of the staff. Pay was terrible and the company did not offer raises. Health insurance was unaffordable. Upper management did not care if you left and they have a hard time keeping activities staff.
Pros
Paid lunch break
Cons
Pay
ok place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2018
it was the first job i had it was great i had to get a chance to know the residents by it being a phyc facility but once you got a chance to know everyone and they got comfotable with you it was ok.
Relaxed Atmosphere
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYOctober 11, 2017
Enjoyed my time working there. Most residents and staff were like family. Included in activities and events. Management changes forced employees to look for other employment.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Poor Management change
Productive and fun place to work
Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2015
Work day starts approximately at 7:30 and ends at 4:30. During the day i monitor the staff and ensure that all regulations and guidelines are being followed. Management could use improvement, There is a lot of favoritism shown therefore many people prefer not to deal with the management staff.
Pros
Free lunch, location is close to home.
Cons
Short breaks, no insurance.
it was nice
Operator/Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 4, 2017
Its was a nice place to work if your not a CNA. They over worked their nursing staff a lot. I only work was a call in at the front desk and to call Bingo, so I enjoyed it there. it was quite, most days the phones didn't ring much and the people were very friendly.
Pros
the people, and benefits
Cons
the hours
Professional yet enjoyable
LPN (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 6, 2015
Professional yet fun work place which is very hard to find. Personally the best job I've ever had. Family oriented work environment, will try their hardest to work around your schedule. Single-handedly the best co-workers on the planet!!!! Everyone is nice and willing to help when needed.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Health Insurance
Quiet
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 27, 2017
I worked as a volunteer. I helped transport patients between floors. I also socialized with them and helped with various activities including art/crafts, concerts, and Bingo.
Productive workplace
Housekeeper/Laundry/Receptionist/Dietary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Sacred Heart was a really good company to work for. I did just about every entry level position there. From working in housekeeping, dietary, and then becoming a receptionist. There is definitely room to grow at Sacred Heart Home.
best job i every had
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2017
the love and care of the staff goes beyond a paycheck. that's what were there for to give care through Gods strength. it is a experience given only throu the grace of God
social is a must
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 4, 2015
Loved my job i would go in every morning i was scheduled from 7am-3pm. Would get paid for break and lunch couldn't leave the facility. Plenty of hours to give out and i loved my residents.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
took a toll on my health
Productive with lots of inservices.
RN-Psych (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2015
Reviewing plans of care with interdisciplinary team. Passing of medications on weekends. Dealing with Psych patients can be hard but also enjoyable.
Pros
Proffesional inservices
Cons
constantly changed job description
Great place to work. Especially loved the residents.
Cert. Nurses Assistant/ Activities (Former Employee) –  New BedfordSeptember 8, 2012
Made lots of friends there! Management was flexible with life/home responsibilities.
Many time our unit would be short staffed.
Cons
hard work-sometimes under staffed
Sacred Heart Home is a skilled nursing facility taking excellent care of terminally ill cancer patients.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2013
Sacred Heart Home is a skilled nursing facility that deals with terminally ill cancer patients. The care given to patients at this facility is second to none. The employees are caring individuals who take pride in their work. They care about the person they are helping as well as the friends and family members affected by this illness. This caring attitude is what sets Sacred Heart Home apart from other facilities. They strive to make a person's last days as comfortable and dignified as possible. A day working at Sacred Heart usaully starts with breakfast, dishing out a variety of foods suitable for the patients individual needs at the stage of their illness. After breakfast is bath time. Most patients are taken or escorted to the tub room. Some patients require a hoyer lift to get their bath and others require or request a bed bath. After their bath is activities, which is whatever the activities director has planned for the day.Lunch follows activities. Scheduled medications are distributed between activities and lunch. Patients are constantly being assessed for their needs whether it is pain medication or other medication, or maybe a sympathetic ear. Most patients are tired after lunch so it is usually quiet time but patients are free to do as they please within reason and according to their capabilities. This is a time staff members can do charting and other duties. There are two medication distributions between lunch and supper if the patients require medication. Supper is served and distributed around 5 pm. Patients are fed by all staff members if it is required. All  more... aspects of daily living are attended to by the nurising staff. Documentation is done on a as needed basis. The doctor visits on Tuesday and Friday. Patient orders are processed immediately and medications are filled by our in house pharmacy. The doctor is always available by phone for verbal orders if the need arises. I have learned many things while working at Sacred Heart Home,but the most important is how to deal with patients and their families . The patients are amazing. Their courage is inispirational. I doubt I could function as well as they do being faced with my own mortality. That is probably the hardest thing to deal with, the passing of a patient. The length of stay varies so you get to know some of the people better than others, but knowing I have made an impact on their lives is more rewarding than anything I had ever imagined. The facility is managed by catholic sisters from the Dominican order of Hawthorne.  less
Pros
many perks in house barber meals provided after patients are fed
Cons
constant death